Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2  (Read 21616 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #425: September 01, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
holy what an outing by JZ. I'm starting to doubt Storen's consistency but even with his bad stint, his numbers do not look bad.

I think in the future he's going to be a good one - and he's had a solid season - but I think we really rushed him into the closer's role.  Either that or he is just really struggling recently.

I would've loved it if we had Storen/Clippard/Capps for another year :(

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #426: September 01, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »
holy what an outing by JZ. I'm starting to doubt Storen's consistency but even with his bad stint, his numbers do not look bad.

RP's by nature are unpredictable. That's why those like Rivera and Soria are so valuable.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #427: September 01, 2010, 11:46:46 AM »
I think in the future he's going to be a good one - and he's had a solid season - but I think we really rushed him into the closer's role.  Either that or he is just really struggling recently.
Why?  What did we have to lose by letting him learn on the job this year?  Better now than in April when we're not out of it.  We saw what that does to a team when we tried that with Hanrahan.  And, btw, I thought he was fine the other day vs. St. Louis. and 13 of his last 15 have been solid. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #428: September 01, 2010, 11:56:52 AM »
Why?  What did we have to lose by letting him learn on the job this year?  Better now than in April when we're not out of it.  We saw what that does to a team when we tried that with Hanrahan.  And, btw, I thought he was fine the other day vs. St. Louis. and 13 of his last 15 have been solid. 

his last 3 have been kinda rough, with the sunday game being his best out of his last 3.

all i'm saying is i liked capps and thought we could keep him around for another year.  we don't have to agree.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #429: September 01, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
I would have loved to have had Capps another year too.  Considering the return though, I'm more than content with the outcome.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #430: September 01, 2010, 01:34:51 PM »
RP's by nature are unpredictable. That's why those like Rivera and Soria are so valuable.

Saul?

Offline PC

« Reply #431: September 01, 2010, 01:40:30 PM »
I can't believe Storen (who just happened to be on the mound at the time) is getting blame and the offense which did NOTHING for 10 innings goes unscathed.

It's the offense's fault this game was lost, 100%!  You score zero runs, you lose the game, period.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #432: September 01, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
I can't believe Storen (who just happened to be on the mound at the time) is getting blame and the offense which did NOTHING for 10 innings goes unscathed.

It's the offense's fault this game was lost, 100%!  You score zero runs, you lose the game, period.

who's saying the offense doesn't deserve the blame?

i blamed morgan for not scoring and it's a shame our bats didn't get anything else going (we had opportunities) ... but when it comes down to it, storen deserve blame too.

if it was clippard, burnett, peralta, slaten ... anyone else, i'd do the same thing.

Offline PC

« Reply #433: September 01, 2010, 01:50:48 PM »

i blamed morgan for not scoring and it's a shame our bats didn't get anything else going (we had opportunities)

Yes, while you're blaming Morgan, blame Kennedy, Desmond, Bernadina, Zimmerman, Dunn, Morse and Rodriguez.  They were all responsible for the zero runs scored.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #434: September 01, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »
Dun went 1-2 with two walks.

Kind of hard to fault him.

Offline PC

« Reply #435: September 01, 2010, 01:56:18 PM »
Dun went 1-2 with two walks.

Kind of hard to fault him.

He didn't cross home plate.  Stats are nice but you have to score at least one run to have a chance to win the game.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #436: September 01, 2010, 01:57:41 PM »
You can't score if the guys behind you don't drive you in.

Offline PC

« Reply #437: September 01, 2010, 04:35:42 PM »
You can't score if the guys behind you don't drive you in.

Or he could have hit a homerun.  Or he could have driven someone in, of course that would require someone being on ahead of him.  Full offensive breakdown...

This is so stuck in my craw because we know what happens to this team on road trips.  The best chance to win this series was to win this game because they get worse the longer road trips go and the longer a series goes.  Sadly, it's not difficult to predict what's going to happen tonight (and in the Pittsburgh series) and it would be shocking if it doesn't.

FYI, we've been shutout 11 times this season, 4 times against Florida.