Author Topic: Attn Baseball Gods: Spare Nick Johnson  (Read 1234 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Attn Baseball Gods: Spare Nick Johnson
« Topic Start: April 27, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090426&content_id=4432562&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Nationals first baseman Nick Johnson missed all of 2007 and played in just 38 games in '08. Injuries were the main reason he missed so much time, but it looks like he's not missing a beat this year.

Entering Monday night's game against the Phillies, Johnson is hitting .373 (22-for-59) with one home run and three RBIs. He currently has a 10-game hitting streak and is 16-for-37 (.432) during that stretch.

Johnson will face Joe Blanton in the opener of a three-game series, and the right-hander has had problems retiring Johnson, who is 4-for-6 against him.

"I'm trying to do my work before the game," Johnson said. "I'm trying to stay in the middle of the field and see the ball. I try not to get jumpy."

Per Nationals.com homepage:

Keep an eye on first baseman Nick Johnson, who hasn't been bothered by nagging injuries this season.

Thanks a lot Boob Lardson :roll:

Offline UMDNats

Re: Attn Baseball Gods: Spare Nick Johnson
« Reply #1: April 27, 2009, 02:54:29 PM »
freakin larry bederson

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #2: April 27, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »
Ugh.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #3: April 27, 2009, 03:04:37 PM »
Is Kearns starting in Right tonight?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #4: April 27, 2009, 03:06:36 PM »
Is Kearns starting in Right tonight?

Lineups haven't been posted by Chico or Ladukeson.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #5: April 27, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090426&content_id=4432562&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Per Nationals.com homepage:

Keep an eye on first baseman Nick Johnson, who hasn't been bothered by nagging injuries this season.

That's just great.  That means Nick's going to be hit by a flying hot dog wrapper tonight, get the flu and pneumonia because an illegal alien from Mexico prepared said hot dog, and he'll be out the rest of the year as he recuperates taking 5 times longer than the average person.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #6: April 27, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »
That's just great.  That means Nick's going to be hit by a flying hot dog wrapper tonight, get the flu and pneumonia because an illegal alien from Mexico prepared said hot dog, and he'll be out the rest of the year as he recuperates taking 5 times longer than the average person.  :icon_mrgreen:

Something like that :D

Offline Natskins

« Reply #7: April 27, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
Great, the gods have now been awoken.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #8: April 27, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »
Great, the gods have now been awoken.

Our only recourse is to offer the gods a sacrificial lamb.  I nominate Hammonds since he was wrong on Balester's pitch speed yesterday.  ;)

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #9: April 27, 2009, 04:38:23 PM »
Our only recourse is to offer the gods a sacrificial lamb.  I nominate Hammonds since he was wrong on Balester's pitch speed yesterday.  ;)

There are others on here who should be sacrificed ahead of Hammonds, but I can't speak his name.....  :)

Offline blue911

« Reply #10: April 27, 2009, 04:51:30 PM »
There are others on here who should be sacrificed ahead of Hammonds, but I can't speak his name.....  :)

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #11: April 27, 2009, 05:05:31 PM »

hahahahahaha!  i said he topped out at 96 and then it got spun around and SOMEHOW it was interpreted that I said he pitched 96 consistently. 

but if it must be done, it must be done, i will be the chosen one.  tell the world my story.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #12: April 27, 2009, 05:08:29 PM »
hahahahahaha!  i said he topped out at 96 and then it got spun around and SOMEHOW it was interpreted that I said he pitched 96 consistently. 

but if it must be done, it must be done, i will be the chosen one.  tell the world my story.

:pray:

Please, no.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #13: April 27, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »

That you were wrong? Ok, if you insist.  ;)

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #14: April 27, 2009, 05:11:12 PM »
That you were right? Ok, if you insist.  ;)

fixed.  thanks you're too kind 8)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #15: April 27, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »
fixed.  thanks you're too kind 8)

This is Nick Johnson we're talking about so you should be ashamed to be freaking with the gods. They will not be pleased. Woe be to Nick tonight.  :hang: :nono: :shock:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #16: April 27, 2009, 05:18:08 PM »
This is Nick Johnson we're talking about so you should be ashamed to be freaking with the gods. They will not be pleased. Woe be to Nick tonight.  :hang: :nono: :shock:

Nick is unbreakable.  The Gods have him on their fantasy team and are going to make sure he stays healthy this season.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #17: April 27, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »
Nick is unbreakable.  The Gods have him on their fantasy team and are going to make sure he stays healthy this season.

That is blasphemy, I tell ya! It's a well known fact that the gods have annointed Pujols as the golden child which is why a heretofore unknown calamity befalls Nick each and every year as they attempt to protect the chosen one.

Nick's goose is cooked tonight and it's all because of you!!  :devil:  :evil:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #18: April 27, 2009, 06:12:38 PM »
That is blasphemy, I tell ya! It's a well known fact that the gods have annointed Pujols as the golden child which is why a heretofore unknown calamity befalls Nick each and every year as they attempt to protect the chosen one.

Nick's goose is cooked tonight and it's all because of you!!  :devil:  :evil:

The Gods traded away Pujols for Elijah Dukes and Pete Orr, b/c they realized Nick is unbreakable.