Author Topic: My Playoff/2012 Nationals Team Hat  (Read 2026 times)

Offline CurlyW4lyfe

Re: My Playoff/2012 Nationals Team Hat
« Reply #25: October 04, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »
So glad to see it on the forum! Did you knit this through Nats games?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #26: October 04, 2012, 07:48:31 PM »
I wonder if you sent a picture of it to public relations or somethi g; if they'd let you throw out the first pitch or be fan of the game or something. 

I wonder if you'd make some big buckos selling the pattern to a manufacturer!   Hmmmm.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #27: October 04, 2012, 08:56:04 PM »
Really great job L.O.

:clap:

How did you decide what players to include or not, or did you include everyone who played this year?

I have a friend whose objective each season is to obtain the autograph (on a ball) of each and every player who is on the roster during the season, even if for only a day.  Sometimes he has to prospect players for years afterward to catch up with them.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #28: October 04, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »
Awesome hat. Would love to see the pattern should you decide to share.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #29: October 04, 2012, 09:16:10 PM »
How did you decide what players to include or not, or did you include everyone who played this year?
I just decided to keep the guys who have been on our 25 man roster for the last month or two of the season - so this rules out consistently injured players such as CMW, Ramos, and H-Rod. I included Lannan since he's been the most important non-25 man guy on our roster, and he's replacing Strasburg. I had some extra space so I added Davey, an important member of our team, and our announcers who really mold our perception of the team.

In retrospect I PROBABLY should have added players like Garcia but I really didn't have any way to chose random people from the 40 man roster objectively. I might update the pattern a bit and stuff in the 25 man playoff roster + Strasburg, making it a true playoff hat.

As I said to MDS I'm working on it, I'll have it up today or tomorrow.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #30: October 04, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »
I just decided to keep the guys who have been on our 25 man roster for the last month or two of the season - so this rules out consistently injured players such as CMW, Ramos, and H-Rod. I included Lannan since he's been the most important non-25 man guy on our roster, and he's replacing Strasburg. I had some extra space so I added Davey, an important member of our team, and our announcers who really mold our perception of the team.

In retrospect I PROBABLY should have added players like Garcia but I really didn't have any way to chose random people from the 40 man roster objectively. I might update the pattern a bit and stuff in the 25 man playoff roster + Strasburg, making it a true playoff hat.

As I said to MDS I'm working on it, I'll have it up today or tomorrow.

:thumbs: :clap:

Sorry. Been skimming more than reading lately.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #31: October 05, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »

Do you have the pattern available?  My wife would like to make one for our usher.

I finally have a pattern up. This is my first time writing one so it is probably confusing at points. If anyone has a question about the pattern, no matter how small, feel free to just PM me here, I'll get back to you pretty quickly.

Download Instructions (You will need Adobe PDF reader, you can get yours here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
1) Go to this link: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B81izePqowhHM0o4dW9ObFpmaVE/edit
2) Click on the first file, natitude_hat_beta.pdf. The document will open in your window.
3) Up towards the top left, under the title, click File -> Download. Save onto your computer.
4) Then click the second file, natitude_ha...rning.pdf on the left.
5) Do the same thing as step 3, File -> Download

You now have both of the files, both which are printer friendly. You will need both to understand the pattern.

Good luck, again PM me with questions if you come across any!  ;)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #32: October 05, 2012, 03:02:56 PM »
Very very cool LO!

:clap:

Online In the Dark

« Reply #33: October 05, 2012, 03:49:38 PM »
LO, that is really cool! Please post a picture of you wearing it!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #34: October 05, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
:thumbs: Awesome.