Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118617 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
The sad part is that it will be cluttered with run of the mill buildings called "development".    Too bad somebody can't incorporate a park in there some place.   Anybody seen any "plans" for this plot?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Probably some bullcrap yuppie enclave.  :hang:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The sad part is that it will be cluttered with run of the mill buildings called "development".    Too bad somebody can't incorporate a park in there some place.   Anybody seen any "plans" for this plot?

Here it is:

The Yards Park a couple blocks up the street is nice, we went to a couple events there after Sunday games last season.

For everything you would ever want to know about the past, present, and future of development around the ballpark check out this awesome blog posting from JD Land.

http://www.jdland.com/dc/12stateofthehood.cfm

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
So, a yuppie enclave?  :hang:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

A park is part of the development plans, along with office buildings, street level retail, hotel, and a residential building. The park will connect with Diamond Teague  Park and the Yards Park. Should provide some nice, contiguous waterfront public space. In 5-10 years this ballpark area will be a prime nightlife destination.

Offline mitlen

The "development" plans here look livable and friendly  ...   mixed use.    I was afraid I was going to see some K ST looking thing.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
In 5-10 years this ballpark area will be a prime nightlife destination.

Thats what they said back in 2004 when the ballpark deal was signed.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

But hey, it looks like the idiot money is on it's way back so who knows.

Offline mitlen

So, a yuppie enclave?  :hang:

... like Crystal City?   :)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
... like Crystal City?   :)

Eh, this is mostly old people.  I haven't seen too many Aston-Martin DB9s lately. :P

Offline Baseball is Life

I don't know if you noticed but the economy has been in a bit of a downturn lately. It will happen. It's just a question of when, not if.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I don't know if you noticed but the economy has been in a bit of a downturn lately. It will happen. It's just a question of when, not if.

Hasn't kept a crap-ton of crap from being built in my hellhole town.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Please, the insane giveanyonewithaheartbeatajumbogovtbacke dloan days are over with.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Right, North Arlington has completely stagnated in the last seven years.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Right, North Arlington has completely stagnated in the last seven years.

:crackup:

Even with the condo bust that hellhole Clarendon is still a hot ticket.  If the DOD cuts happen that may change though.

Offline Rasta

The local residential real estate market stabilized about 2-3 years ago.  Properties above $500,000 are still slow.  The commercial market has just barely started to recover.  Last year was the first year we started to see the purse strings loosening. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
The local residential real estate market stabilized about 2-3 years ago.  Properties above $500,000 are still slow.  The commercial market has just barely started to recover.  Last year was the first year we started to see the purse strings loosening.

And that should be concerning.  The last thing I want to see are maroons being given jumbo loans for inflated properties.

Offline Rasta

And that should be concerning.  The last thing I want to see are maroons being given jumbo loans for inflated properties.

Not nearly as many jumbo loans out there right now.  The good thing is there aren't many folks getting jumbo loans that aren't putting 20-25% down these days.  The days of stated loans and jumbo loans with only 5-10% down are pretty much gone.   A lot of the buyers out there now are well qualified folks.  At least that is the way it is in NOVA.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
A lot of the buyers out there now are well qualified folks.  At least that is the way it is in NOVA.

Which is the way it should be.  Quit with the speculative bubbles.  Which reminds me...

Anyone sign Fielder yet?

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win

And 2014 is still two years away. They are only mostly wrong right now.

Offline Baseball is Life

And 2014 is still two years away. They are only mostly wrong right now.

You are right to a certain degree. Lots of retail and restaurants and residential buildings are going online in the next couple of years. But obviously it's not what we would have predicted before the downturn. Life can be that way sometimes...

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Define Natitude - Get R Done
« Reply #596: January 09, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »
JD Land has just posted pictures of the new view of the river from the ballpark, pretty awesome picture, it's amazing how much better an empty lot looks vs. a concrete factory.
Is it getting super-funded, or will they do something with it right away?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #597: January 09, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »
super-funded?  do you mean financing or do you mean hazardous waste clean up?  It is not a superfund site.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #598: January 09, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
So what inspired the thread title change this time?  You're being a bit liberal with that feature :?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #599: January 09, 2012, 06:54:17 PM »
So what inspired the thread title change this time?  You're being a bit liberal with that feature :?

Tiring of the waiting game/having fun being liberal with the feature.