Author Topic: 3/18/09 Unofficial Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Marlins  (Read 4991 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Game Time: 7:05 PM
Venue: Space Coast Stadium
TV: MASN, MLB Network
Radio: WFED, XM 180

Scott Olsen
1-0, 4.00 ERA

Josh Johnson
0-0, 0.82 ERA

(CF) Lastings Milledge
(LF) Willie Harris
(3B) Ryan Zimmerman
(1B) Nick Johnson
(RF) Austin Kearns
(DH) Josh Willingham
(2B) Ronnie Belliard
(SC) Javier Valentin
(SS) Daniel Espinosa

Emilio Bonifacio (SS)
John Baker (SC)
Jeremy Hermida (LF)
Wes Helms (3B)
Dan Uggla (2B)
Cody Ross (RF)
Scott Cousins (CF)
Gaby Sanchez (1B)
Josh Johnson (SP)

Offline sportsfan882

Can't wait to watch Espinosa play :clap:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Cant wait to watch the game itself, hopefully Olsen pulls off a great game

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Can't wait to watch Espinosa play :clap:

Drop some knowledge on me.  Wasn't following the team much during the offseason; don't know who this guy is, although I've heard the name.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Drop some knowledge on me.  Wasn't following the team much during the offseason; don't know who this guy is, although I've heard the name.
3rd round draft pick in 2008.  He's a defensive whiz of a SS from Long Beach State - the system that produced Longoria and Tulowitzki.

He had a short stint at Vermont last year and absolutely raked.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

That's where I've heard the name!  I saw him play a few times at Lake Monster games last year.  And yeah, he did rake :D

Offline sportsfan882

3rd round draft pick in 2008.  He's a defensive whiz of a SS from Long Beach State - the system that produced Longoria and Tulowitzki.

I have high hopes for him. He walked 17 times in only 19 games in Vermont last year.

Offline UMDNats

ill be in the stands. looking forward to watching olsen and espinosa. im surprised hes still up with the big club

Offline sportsfan882

ill be in the stands. looking forward to watching olsen and espinosa. im surprised hes still up with the big club
Espninosa is in minor league camp. I'm sure they just want to give him a taste with the Big League team like they did with Burgess, Marrero, and a few others in a few games last year.

Offline sportsfan882

Where are you sitting, UMDNats?

Offline UMDNats

Where are you sitting, UMDNats?

right behind the O's dugout, in like 106, probably 2-3 rows back. i just hope the rain holds off

Offline JMUalumni

I have high hopes for him. He walked 17 times in only 19 games in Vermont last year.

(Image removed from quote.)

Me too, he is going to be a guy that gets on a base frequently and plays solid defense.  I know there were some concerns over his speed and maybe he will be switched to 2B down the road.  But for now he has got to be the top candidate for SS of the future.  I am really excited to get my first look at him tonight.

Offline ronnynat

What the hell is up with the new GD thread "rules"? Did something happen over the last couple of days that I missed? Why can't they be posted the night before like we did last season? It's obvious that people like them to be there.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I guess hes trying to make it organized but to be honest I didn't care who posted em as long as it gave the lineups

• pissy DC sports fan
What the hell is up with the new GD thread "rules"? Did something happen over the last couple of days that I missed? Why can't they be posted the night before like we did last season? It's obvious that people like them to be there.
Yeah, IDGI.  People like to comment before the threads get going sometimes.

• pissy DC sports fan
Josh Johnson kinda looks like Joe Blanton. :lol:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Yeah, IDGI.  People like to comment before the threads get going sometimes.

Artificial scarcity drives up demand.

I kind of like holding back until just before game time. 

• pissy DC sports fan
Artificial scarcity drives up demand.
What? :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Well, here's the deal: the main reason that the decision was made to lock the threads until the lineups were posted was because I didn't want people to have the impression that x player was playing over y player and have three pages of stuff about that only to find out that those lineups were incorrect (until the official lineups are posted, I just go with the previous day's lineup).  But come to think of it, regular season lineups don't differ much at all from day to day, so I suppose I could just leave the thread unlocked all day after I post it in the morning.

So basically what I'm saying is I have no real preference, to be honest, although if there was a way for me to get consistent lineups well before (at least two hours) the game, I would say that threads should be locked until lineups are posted.  But looking at Chico's track record (my current source for lineups), I can't say that the lineups will be available with any consistency.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
What the hell is up with the MASN broadcast?! Terrible audio quality and picture quality. Broadcasts from space are better than this. This is almost unwatchable.

Offline ronnynat

The night before would be better (like the end of last season). SF will do it. You could do it in the morning if he forgets.

• pissy DC sports fan
Wow, Valentin is terrible.  What a limp throw.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
The night before would be better (like the end of last season). SF will do it. You could do it in the morning if he forgets.

This has been hashed out already.

• pissy DC sports fan
Well, here's the deal: the main reason that the decision was made to lock the threads until the lineups were posted was because I didn't want people to have the impression that x player was playing over y player and have three pages of stuff about that only to find out that those lineups were incorrect (until the official lineups are posted, I just go with the previous day's lineup).  But come to think of it, regular season lineups don't differ much at all from day to day, so I suppose I could just leave the thread unlocked all day after I post it in the morning.

So basically what I'm saying is I have no real preference, to be honest, although if there was a way for me to get consistent lineups well before (at least two hours) the game, I would say that threads should be locked until lineups are posted.  But looking at Chico's track record (my current source for lineups), I can't say that the lineups will be available with any consistency.
Who cares, really?  Just don't post the line-ups until game time, then.  I don't see the big deal.

Does Austin Kearns look fatter to anyone?

Offline JMUalumni

What the hell is up with the MASN broadcast?! Terrible audio quality and picture quality. Broadcasts from space are better than this. This is almost unwatchable.

Wow, I got better transmissions with my old rabbit ears.  Leave it to MASN to screw up one of the only broadcasts of spring.   I also noticed how MASN decided to wait until to today to actually post video related to the team (the three acta interviews) to their website.  Probably wont see many more videos like it until opening day.

freak masn