4 (17.4%)
Rays
0 (0%)
Twins
2 (8.7%)
Rangers
6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: 2010 MLB Playoffs Discussion & Predictions  (Read 12283 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
James Shields.  And the only reason he is starting is because of the conspiracy. I got the memo. I'm surprised you didn't PANATs?  You ought to check your email.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
That is freaking fantastic :spit:

Offline HalfSmokes

wow, just wow

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
James Shields.  And the only reason he is starting is because of the conspiracy. I got the memo. I'm surprised you didn't PANATs?  You ought to check your email.

"Go make some oatmeal."

I think that was the best part of the entire conversation.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
God I hate the Professional Douche-face.

Puke.

Offline PANatsFan

I guess I'm glad I'm still marginally a Yankees fan. I still can't stand Dorkface. I wish to God we had somehow gotten Cano a few years ago, however.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I guess I'm glad I'm still marginally a Yankees fan. I still can't stand Dorkface. I wish to God we had somehow gotten Cano a few years ago, however.

I'm an ex-Yankee fan.  And there's no marginal about it.  I hate them.

Offline houston-nat

Tom Verducci writes:

Here is a story that tells you all you need to know about the motor that runs inside Halladay. He reported to Phillies camp this spring with 148 wins, a $20-million-a-year contract and, while about to turn 33 years old, four straight seasons in which he finished no worse than fifth in Cy Young Award voting . . . and decided he needed to learn a new pitch. And so he simply mastered the changeup.

"Just means I'm getting old and need something new to trick 'em," Halladay joked recently when I asked him about it. "That's what happens when you hang around Jamie Moyer."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/tom_verducci/10/07/five.cuts.halladay/index.html?eref=sihp

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Houston-Nat -your avi looks like Johnny Pesky.  Looks like my prediction / jinx has worked wonder on the Rays. As for my sig line and my NL pick, I'm pulling for them.

Offline houston-nat

Houston-Nat -your avi looks like Johnny Pesky.

Hmm, interesting, I'd never heard of him before and just looked him up. It's really just a local east London resident out on the canal, enjoying a pint at 2 p.m.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Not an ex fan.  Never was or will be a Yankee fan!  I don't know any more who I hate worse; the Yankees or the philthies!     :twisted:

Offline PANatsFan

Offline Coladar

I'm sure I am beyond late on this, but reading the SF recap I saw Zito got left off the postseason roster. Uhh, wow. A $19 mil salary this season and they leave him off the entire freaking roster. Not even trying him in the bullpen.

And this team nages that they HAVE to start Marquis because he's paid $7.5? Lol. The difference between a winner and a loser. The winner isn't afraid to admit they made a $100+ mil mistake, and leave a guy paid $20 mil this year off their playoff roster.

Offline NatsDad14

I'm sure I am beyond late on this, but reading the SF recap I saw Zito got left off the postseason roster. Uhh, wow. A $19 mil salary this season and they leave him off the entire freaking roster. Not even trying him in the bullpen.

And this team nages that they HAVE to start Marquis because he's paid $7.5? Lol. The difference between a winner and a loser. The winner isn't afraid to admit they made a $100+ mil mistake, and leave a guy paid $20 mil this year off their playoff roster.
The team was too scared to admit they made a mistake on Morgan (who only cost Milledge) or Kearns. That is why losers keep losing. Does a winning team have Austin Kearns be there starter on opening day despite being a .195 batter?

Offline hammondsnats

ted lerner = cheap. 

there is nobody on here that has evidence otherwise.

Offline PANatsFan

You guys sound like lunatics. Let the Nats make a best of 5 series and they can pick 2 or 3 starters and leave the rest. Zito pitched all season, geniuses :hammer:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Is it possible Zito is injured or not able to pitch except in an emergency ?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Apparently, he takes too long to warm up to be an option in the bullpen. So, it was either part of the rotation, or left off the roster.

They talked about it last night on TBS. Bochy told him they were leaving him off the playoff roster and Zito apologized for faltering down the stretch and even having to put Bochy in that situation.

Of course, I'd love to have Zito on the Nats. I'd take a 4.15 ERA and 1.34 WHIP over a ton of the other stiffs we drag out there on a nightly basis.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I grew up where the Red Sox & Yankee fans meet.  It's just like the Democrats vs Republicans here in DC.  I've lost more bets than you can imagine

Offline houston-nat

AMAZING photo of Ben Francisco getting HBP.

Offline PANatsFan

AMAZING photo of Ben Francisco getting HBP.

His batting helmet is laughing at him.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
IT looks like a Roarin' Storen photoshop

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
IT looks like a Roarin' Storen photoshop
Exactly what I thought it was at first :lol:

Offline houston-nat

Has there ever been a more perfect convergence of great pitching in the playoffs? Tim Lincecum and Roy Halladay in the NL, Cliff Lee in the AL, all pitching like gods.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Has there ever been a more perfect convergence of great pitching in the playoffs? Tim Lincecum and Roy Halladay in the NL, Cliff Lee in the AL, all pitching like gods.

If only we could also get Lee vs. Sabathia in game one as well.

I'm still hoping for either Lee vs. Halladay or Lee vs. Lincecum to open the WS.  Imagine if Lee faces one of those in game 7.