Author Topic: Beer, Beer, and More Beer (2008-2013)  (Read 160265 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Beer, Beer, and More Beer
« Reply #525: September 01, 2009, 01:57:49 PM »
Nathan wins - thanks for playing.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #526: September 01, 2009, 07:11:51 PM »
That looks wicked, sounds delicious, and I'd probably have all my clothes off even before opening the bottle. :shock:

That pretty much describes nearly every party I've had during which I busted out the Agavero.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #527: September 01, 2009, 08:52:16 PM »
I'm shocked with all this tequila talk no one has mentioned Agavero Tequila Liqueur from Los Camachines Distillery. It is made with 100% blue agave añejo and reposado tequilas that have been separately aged in oak barrels. "The añejo tequila is aged up to eighteen months and the reposado tequila is rested for nearly a year. The tequilas are combined and then hand blended with the essence of Damiana, a flower indigenous to the hot mountains of Jalisco that has been rumored for centuries to stir up the emotions among individuals".

Now that is dessert tequila snobbery. Even if you don't like most tequilas, you'll probably like Agavero.

Also, fill a shot glass to the top. Gently place the shot of Agavero in a pint glass. Quickly flip it over without spilling. Fill with a light mexican beer. You now have a submarine. Enjoy your sweet tasting beer.

i dont understand why you would mix the reposado and the anejo. from my understanding the anejo is sweeter and smoother.  so i guess if you wanted something smoother and sweeter than reposado but not as sweet and smooth as anejo.

i also can't picture the beer mixing process you are describing. what is being flipped?

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #528: September 01, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »
=
i also can't picture the beer mixing process you are describing. what is being flipped?

The blend is quite in old one. I believe the purpose is draw out the flavor of the Damiana which is reputed to be an aphrodisiac.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damiana

Imagine holding a pint glass upside down in your left hand. You insert the shot glass into the pint glass with your right hand. When it touches, you flip them both in a motion shaped like a candy cane, with the motion starting from the end of the hook while your turning the pint glass right side up. Now fill with a light mexican beer and you have a submarine. While you drink it, the shot glass will tip and some Agavero will blend with the beer and change its flavor. Don't try this with cheap glasses, it will clank a bit.

Don't drink too many. They'll sneak up on you. Or do, based on whatever your looking for that evening.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #529: September 02, 2009, 12:33:28 AM »
intersting

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #530: September 02, 2009, 01:08:32 AM »
The Clipper Magazine $12.97 coupons for 30-pack cans of Pabst or Miller High Life, Busch Natural Lite have been available again since August 2009.  "Express Food", a Gaithersburg, MD beer and wine store.  16254 S. Frederick Ave, Corner of Shady Grove Rd &  Route 355.  301-258-7742, open 7 days until 1 AM!!  Clipper Magazine, 1-888-569-5100.  Many other coupons, including $1.97 for an Italian or turkey sub.

Ladies, drink a pair to get a pair

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #531: September 03, 2009, 08:29:07 PM »
Finally made it to the local Dogfish Head brewpub.  I think I'm in love.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #532: September 03, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »
Excellent place, excellent stuff.
Finally made it to the local Dogfish Head brewpub.  I think I'm in love.

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #533: September 04, 2009, 07:57:44 AM »
We made it out to the new Fairfax place last weekend.  How far is it from your house Tom ?  Falls Church is our favorite.

Finally made it to the local Dogfish Head brewpub.  I think I'm in love.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #534: September 04, 2009, 08:27:08 AM »
We made it out to the new Fairfax place last weekend.  How far is it from your house Tom ?  Falls Church is our favorite.

It's about 3 miles.  And, it was very packed, we had a 15 minute wait at the bar.   I had a Punkin ale, followed by a Palo Santo Marron, and my wife had a Raison d'etre, all good.  My son had a root beer and loved the bratworst meal.  My grilled tuna was excellent.

Offline blue911

« Reply #535: September 04, 2009, 08:35:08 AM »
It's about 3 miles.  And, it was very packed, we had a 15 minute wait at the bar.   I had a Punkin ale, followed by a Palo Santo Marron, and my wife had a Raison d'etre, all good.  My son had a root beer and loved the bratworst meal.  My grilled tuna was excellent.

Do they brew their own Root Beer?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #536: September 04, 2009, 09:06:28 AM »

I did not find out, but I don't think so.  Dominion brews a terrific root beer, so I was sort of hoping they did too, but saw no mention of it in their lists.  Didn't ask, though.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #537: September 04, 2009, 03:12:55 PM »
On the food side, you can't go wrong with any seafood item that they serve.  I'm looking forward to trying the Punkin Ale.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #538: September 04, 2009, 03:13:44 PM »
I've never seen Dogfish Root Beer. Surprising, given the number of people who bring their children there.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #539: September 11, 2009, 03:54:15 PM »
This sounds great for crab and beer lovers. Sorry I'm posting it a little late, but you can still register.

Saturday, September 19th: NASAcrabs – Come join in from Noon to 6pm at the Goddard Rec Center. All you care to eat crabs and all you care to sample cask conditioned ales, professionally prepared for this annual event. There will be homebrewed samples from members to share as well. They’ll also have BBQ chicken and bratwurst with sauerkraut from the grill, pulled pork, side dishes, soda, and water. All tickets must be purchased by September 12th, they may sell out sooner. Cost $35 for adults, $10 for kids ages 7-13, kids 6 and under are free. Goddard badges are not required, but you must have a ticket in hand to enter the Rec Center gate. Ticket sales and info can be found here: http://www.mdhomebrewers.com/crab. Any additional questions contact Melanie at mebida@yahoo.com.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #540: September 11, 2009, 07:28:22 PM »
that sounds awesome

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #541: September 13, 2009, 12:41:01 AM »
tequila makes me want to copy your avatar unless it's in a mixed drink. (Image removed from quote.)

come by and let me make you my Patron Margarita, whenever I get settled down in a permanent bar fulltime. (the Bar I am at now, is really a nightclub and I'm only there like 2-3 days a week. I'm trying to find someplace else to work on a more full-time basis.)

1 1/2 oz of Patron Silver Tequila, 3/4 oz Triple Sec, 1/4 oz Rose's Lime Juice, 2 Splashes of Sour.  Shaken in Ice(HARD) and strained into an ice-filled Collins Glass. Floated Grand Marnier on top.

my Bar Owner can't stand me (cause I'm a noob bartender. so I do a lot of noobish sh*t, but I'm learning :rofl:), but he loves my Patron Margarita.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #542: September 13, 2009, 12:50:07 AM »
speaking of noobish Bartender stuff..

I made a Zombie for a Lady last Monday. She hated it and said I made it wrong. I made it the same way I'd been making it every time someone ordered it and I never had any complaints before, but this lady just couldn't stand it.

and she wouldn't let me redeem myself by making it over, said she would come back in a week and let me try again.

this has been burning my soul all week. I've been obsessing about this single drink for this lady all week and where it went wrong, and which version of the Zombie she wanted(she described what color it was, and I couldn't figure out how to make it happen). pouring through recipes from as many different sources as I can find. I even went back to my Bartending School to use the practice Bar to work on it.

I hope she comes back on Monday, cause I really, really want to make her another Zombie. I think I got the correct version for her.

am I supposed to care this much about a single instance of making a drink? I mean, nobody else all week complained about any other drink I made, and infact I was complemented on quite a few Cocktails...but this one failed Zombie has been gnawing at me all week.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #543: September 13, 2009, 02:31:33 AM »
come by and let me make you my Patron Margarita, whenever I get settled down in a permanent bar fulltime. (the Bar I am at now, is really a nightclub and I'm only there like 2-3 days a week. I'm trying to find someplace else to work on a more full-time basis.)

1 1/2 oz of Patron Silver Tequila, 3/4 oz Triple Sec, 1/4 oz Rose's Lime Juice, 2 Splashes of Sour.  Shaken in Ice(HARD) and strained into an ice-filled Collins Glass. Floated Grand Marnier on top.

my Bar Owner can't stand me (cause I'm a noob bartender. so I do a lot of noobish sh*t, but I'm learning :rofl:), but he loves my Patron Margarita.
If I get down your way I sure will.  I don't do the night club thing, I prefer smaller more 'intimate' bars if that makes sense.  Something like a "Cheers" :lol:

Damnit, and now that song is in my head.  Sometimes you wanna go...where everybody knows your naa-aa-ame.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #544: September 13, 2009, 11:18:28 AM »
Best Bars to Watch Football.  Since it mentions both NCAA AND NFL, I thought I'd put it here!  After all, all bars serve beer!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/best-bets/best-bars-for-football-viewing,81469.html?hpid=gog

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #545: September 13, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »
Best Bars to Watch Football.  Since it mentions both NCAA AND NFL, I thought I'd put it here!  After all, all bars serve beer!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/best-bets/best-bars-for-football-viewing,81469.html?hpid=gog

I used to go to crystal city sports pub almost every saturday (the others were usually at Buffalo Billiards - gotta love shuffle board during a blow out), but ever since the third floor was finished, it seems too packed to get a table

« Reply #546: September 15, 2009, 02:06:57 PM »
Yesterday I had a can of Busch beer-- out of a Mossy Oak and blaze orange can.

It was hicktifying.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #547: September 15, 2009, 03:40:08 PM »
Yesterday I had a can of Busch beer-- out of a Mossy Oak and blaze orange can.

It was hicktifying.

What pattern was the Mossy Oak?

I watched a couple of NCAA playoff games at Mississippi State one weekend in a group that included Toxey Haas, the founder of Mossy Oak.  Talking baseball, talking beer, talking turkey.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #548: September 15, 2009, 03:43:01 PM »
I had some Delirium Noctunum and Le Fin Du Mond by Unibrau. Yum.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #549: October 04, 2009, 07:42:14 PM »
Did anyone go to the Beer Festival in Shirlington Saturday ?