Author Topic: Follow the Minor League Teams (2012)  (Read 44205 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Follow the Minor League Teams (2012)
« Reply #350: July 10, 2012, 02:30:36 PM »
N2P needs to get that gorilla suit out of mothballs.

Uncle Slam on the DL

I'm not certain, but I think some of the professional mascot costumes have a fan or some kind of air conditioning built in. 

A $100 gorilla suit will have the wearer soaked in sweat, head to foot, within 5 minutes.  It was quite comfortable at the 2008 Nationals Park Opening Day, when temperatures dropped into the 40s in the 7th inning. I do wear a tall patriotic hat with it, exactly like the one Uncle Slam has on.  (But not at Nationals Park, as it would block the view of the fans seated behind me.)

They'd have to pay me a LOT of money to wear that thing in July-August heat:

"The mascot would need to remain with Potomac for two months. The new mascot would also go under its current name, but would do the same in-game promotions that Potomac has had throughout the season.  Any mascot willing to sign a two-month contract with Potomac would be rewarded with baseball bucks, Chilli's Lemonade, Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and the opportunity to watch fireworks every Saturday night."

Like MDS, I really like Chick-Fil-A, but it doesn't sound like they're paying anything at all. The traffic to get to that area is horrendous, too.  A gorilla drinking a beer out of a bottle gets a lot of laughs, but that's probably not the image the Potomac Nationals have in mind...