Author Topic: Curly W cap sightings (2012-13)  (Read 6349 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: Curly W cap sightings (2012)
« Reply #75: June 25, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »
The Marines wear desert-ish camo now, which of course makes sense. The blue and grey navy camo from the battle dress unis is just purely to look like badasses.

If you see me on the Metro you will have a curly dub sighting, but I can't find my Nats tie :rant:

Of topic but the Navy Working Uniform (blue digital camo) was designed to make the life of a sea-going sailor easier. The original working uniform for sailors was solid dark blue trousers and a lighter blue shirt. Due to the conditions on a ship they were often stained with grease, paint and other items that stood out against a solid background. The colors and design of the new NWU essentially turn it into "stain camo" so that small stains caused by day to day working conditions blend in and do not present an "unserviceable" appearance. This means that the sailor is not forced to come out of pocket for uniform replacements as often.

That being said, I'm still partial to the Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform, but that's probably just the Jarhead in me being biased.

Thread Relevant: