Author Topic: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 3  (Read 20888 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 3
« Reply #275: August 23, 2009, 04:15:40 PM »
OT: About 15 spots left in the WNFF fantasy football league. :lol:  PM me if you want to join.

:shock:  You should probably cut that league down to about 12 teams. I read here that several people wanted to join.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #276: August 23, 2009, 04:16:07 PM »
Here's the full list that I posted in the Minor League thread from Pete and that Debbi just mentioned:

Eight players from the Washington Nationals organization were cited in Baseball America's annual Best Tools survey voted upon by league managers...a closer look:

BEST TOOLS - National League

3B Ryan Zimmerman - Best Defensive Third Baseman in the NL
OF Nyjer Morgan - Tied as Best Baserunner in the NL with Juan Pierre (Los Angeles-NL) and 3rd-Fastest Baserunner in the NL.

BEST TOOLS - Triple-A

2B Seth Bynum - Best Defensive Second Baseman in the International League.
SS Ian Desmond - Best Infield Arm in the International League.
RHP J.D. Martin - Best Control in the International League.

BEST TOOLS - Double-A

SS Ian Desmond - Best Infield Arm in the Eastern League.

BEST TOOLS - Single-A

SS Danny Espinosa - Best Defensive Shortstop and Best Infield Arm in the Carolina League.
RHP Brad Meyers - Best Control in the Carolina League.
C Derek Norris - Best Batting Prospect and Best Power Prospect in the South Atlantic League.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #277: August 23, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »
:shock:  You should probably cut that league down to about 12 teams. I read here that several people wanted to join.

I can change it if necessary, but it'd be pretty cool to have a huge league.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #278: August 23, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »
I can change it if necessary, but it'd be pretty cool to have a huge league.

It would make the draft interesting. I'll probably join if you need a spot to be filled at the last minute.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #279: August 23, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »
Here's the full list that I posted in the Minor League thread from Pete and that Debbi just mentioned:

You should make up a player (like SI did with Sid Finch) and say he is the leading prospect for Bostock in the Rookie Canterberry League

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #280: August 23, 2009, 04:19:26 PM »
Good one, dildo - the whole stadium stands with most of the men removing their hats and a good number of peeps holding their hand over their heart. Now go back to your hole, hole.

Hook, line, and sinker :lmao:

"What ever happened to God Bless Africa? What about God Bless Haiti? God Bless Jamaica? I don't mean Sandals, Jamaica, I'm talking Stabbin' Jamaica."

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #281: August 23, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »
I had my auction draft a few weeks ago and have my other (normal) draft later this week.

I think I have a good feel for what to expect this year. Watched a little pre-season ball and did some reading/scouting.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #282: August 23, 2009, 04:28:19 PM »

Cutesy expression after being called out.  :blah:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #283: August 23, 2009, 04:28:22 PM »
finally. Clippard is fine when he throws strikes.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #284: August 23, 2009, 04:28:40 PM »
44-80, good game Stammen and the O does a good job

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #285: August 23, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »
Yeah T-Clip.

Best RP we got on this team.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #286: August 23, 2009, 04:29:04 PM »
Where are the Clippard haters now?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #287: August 23, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »

"What ever happened to God Bless Africa? What about God Bless Haiti? God Bless Jamaica? I don't mean Sandals, Jamaica, I'm talking Stabbin' Jamaica."

Head of State is a great movie.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #288: August 23, 2009, 04:29:54 PM »

barbershop is a stud

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #289: August 23, 2009, 04:31:14 PM »
Cutesy expression after being called out.  :blah:

How did you call me out? I baited you for your trolling behavior. Next you'll tell me I have to stand for Lee Greewood :bang: :roll:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #290: August 23, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »
who?

Clippard is a beast as long as he throws strikes. that is a major issue that he must improve to be a part of our future pen.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #291: August 23, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »
How did you call me out? I baited you for your trolling behavior. Next you'll tell me I have to stand for Lee Greewood :bang: :roll:

Anyone who disagrees with you is a troll. :yawn:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #292: August 23, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »
Let's end this on a non stupid note - Great win, great job Stammen, great job sluggers. Nice game for Belliard.

Offline madj55

« Reply #293: August 23, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »
At the game today knowing the head doctor of the team helps a lot, because I got to go back into the clubhouse before the game and get everybody's autograph. Anyway he informed me of the Dukes injury and I was happy that he didn't play, because he's a loser and we'd probably lose if he did. 3 homers and good pitching wins games.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #294: August 23, 2009, 05:43:41 PM »
Not sure, but he certainly knows all about it.

Not surprising there's a mole here somewhere.  That's part of the reason I'm hesitant to grant access to newbs.

Of course, I'd prefer you guys just laid off, but I also respect the right to free speech, so confining such talk to the private section seemed the best compromise.  If Nats320 is getting information from there somehow, he went looking for it.  Can't protect people from themselves.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #295: August 23, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »
Not surprising there's a mole here somewhere.  That's part of the reason I'm hesitant to grant access to newbs.

Of course, I'd prefer you guys just laid off, but I also respect the right to free speech, so confining such talk to the private section seemed the best compromise.  If Nats320 is getting information from there somehow, he went looking for it.  Can't protect people from themselves.

i don't think anything really that bad has been said, imo.  i hear he's a nice guy and he's a nats fan, so i'm cool with that.

anywho good win today.  stammen was the stopper that we badly needed and the offense teed off on parra.  love days like today!!!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #296: August 23, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »
It's uncalled for no matter what the medium. He's a nice guy and has a passion for the Nats which hardly makes him unique.
I'd almost rather listen to Debi Taylor than listen to that old guy spouting that Dutch gibberish.  :lmao:
Where's spider and his Exorcist jpeg collection when we need him?  :icon_mrgreen:

Way to talk out of both sides of your mouth :?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #297: August 23, 2009, 07:02:42 PM »
At the game today knowing the head doctor of the team helps a lot, because I got to go back into the clubhouse before the game and get everybody's autograph. Anyway he informed me of the Dukes injury and I was happy that he didn't play, because he's a loser and we'd probably lose if he did. 3 homers and good pitching wins games.

You know Dr. Doogie? How do you pronounce his name for real? I was really impressed that he participated in Zimmermann's surgery.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #298: August 23, 2009, 07:08:47 PM »
Not surprising there's a mole here somewhere. 

I'm pretty sure we have several moles.  :lmao:

Offline madj55

« Reply #299: August 23, 2009, 07:35:37 PM »
You know Dr. Doogie? How do you pronounce his name for real? I was really impressed that he participated in Zimmermann's surgery.
Haha yeah it's pronounced DO-O-GI and yeah he was telling me about how he was in Los Angeles with him and that they only went there because Dr. Andrews wanted a second opinion.