Author Topic: TACO CANNON!!  (Read 1060 times)

Offline houston-nat

TACO CANNON!!
« Topic Start: November 16, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »

TACO ATTACK!!!

At 750 pounds and powered by a car battery and pressurized carbon dioxide, the cannon has serious muscle.

“It takes 40 pounds of carbon dioxide to get through three rounds of Gatling gun-style shots,” Mandrella said. “12 barrels in each round, so 36 shots total per round.”

The cannon can shoot tacos around 200 feet if the wind conditions are ideal.

Inevitably, Mandrella and the crew experienced problems with the taco cannon during its early use, including deciding what material to properly wrap the tacos in and angling the cannon for the best trajectory results. Those involved went through multiple test runs to utilize the cannon’s full potential.

“We disintegrated several hundred dollars of tacos before our homies at Torchy’s helped us figure out how to make [the taco cannon] shoot perfectly,” Mandrella said.

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/life-and-arts/2012/10/31/torchys-launches-taco-cannon-for-fun-fun-fun-fest

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2012/11/taco-cannon/

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: TACO CANNON!!
« Reply #1: November 16, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

TACO ATTACK!!!

At 750 pounds and powered by a car battery and pressurized carbon dioxide, the cannon has serious muscle.

“It takes 40 pounds of carbon dioxide to get through three rounds of Gatling gun-style shots,” Mandrella said. “12 barrels in each round, so 36 shots total per round.”

The cannon can shoot tacos around 200 feet if the wind conditions are ideal.

Inevitably, Mandrella and the crew experienced problems with the taco cannon during its early use, including deciding what material to properly wrap the tacos in and angling the cannon for the best trajectory results. Those involved went through multiple test runs to utilize the cannon’s full potential.

“We disintegrated several hundred dollars of tacos before our homies at Torchy’s helped us figure out how to make [the taco cannon] shoot perfectly,” Mandrella said.

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/life-and-arts/2012/10/31/torchys-launches-taco-cannon-for-fun-fun-fun-fest

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2012/11/taco-cannon/

:lmao:

Saw/read this and thought about the crazies who launch pumpkins on the Eastern Shore of MD.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #2: November 16, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »
:lmao: thanks for the laugh!

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #3: November 16, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
Seems like a waste of good food :(

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #4: November 17, 2012, 12:42:44 AM »
The idea is to use it to shoot tacos into a crowd for them to catch, unwrap, and eat.

Offline blue911

« Reply #5: November 17, 2012, 01:22:16 AM »

Saw/read this and thought about the crazies who launch pumpkins on the Eastern Shore of MD.

Trebuchets, nages

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #6: November 17, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
Seems like a waste of good food :(

Like Nathan says, when it's operating successfully, it's like a T-shirt cannon: you catch the bundle, unroll it, and there's a taco inside waiting for you to eat it.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #7: November 17, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »

Punkin Chunkin, sir.   A friend of mine's company supplies the air compressors for the Second Amendment and Second Amendment Too.  We had "VIP" tickets 4 years ago.  VIP  tickets allows you to go in front of the fence. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #8: November 17, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »
Punkin Chunkin, sir. 

I like blue's French word better  ...  makes it sound more like lipstick on a pig.   :)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9: November 17, 2012, 11:32:07 AM »
Trebuchets are cool, but I prefer the big ass cannons.  They also have catapults, centrifuge-like machines, and human-powered stuff. 

A trebuchets I think drops a weight and has the thing to be thrown on a whip that uses centrifugal force to throw the object.  I think these go back to either roman or greek siege machines.  Big risk with a Trebuchet is when the load fires backwards instead of forwards.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #10: November 17, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »
Trebuchets are cool, but I prefer the big ass cannons.  They also have catapults, centrifuge-like machines, and human-powered stuff. 

A trebuchets I think drops a weight and has the thing to be thrown on a whip that uses centrifugal force to throw the object.  I think these go back to either roman or greek siege machines.  Big risk with a Trebuchet is when the load fires backwards instead of forwards.

I enjoy watching this "stuff".    I think Discovery does a show on the "Pumpkin Chunkin' ".

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #11: November 17, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »
You must be insane. Trebuchets, catapults - any mechanical device - are a billion times cooler than some diesel powered compressor fired cannon.
 :poke:
Trebuchets are cool, but I prefer the big ass cannons. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12: November 17, 2012, 06:16:35 PM »
Trebs can only put a punkin about 3000- 3500 feet.  The big cannons go closer to a mile.