Author Topic: The Bryce Harper Compendium (2012)  (Read 193120 times)

Offline ETNbaseballfan

Re: The Bryce Harper Compendium
« Reply #250: May 07, 2012, 09:28:13 PM »
Welcome. Cool first post. When my son was 15 he played in a wood bat tournament in Atlanta and Bryce's "San Diego Show" team was there. He was followed around like a rock star. I got to see him AB one time. He struck out looking on a very bad call by the ump. He left the tournament after that, after only six ABs.

People were talking about his BP like it was other worldly. My son still talks about watching him hit in BP. And Bryce was only 14 and was playing up.

Thanks.

He can definitely put on a show. A few weeks before I watched him play as a 13 year old, I read an article about his performance in an Alabama tournament. I don’t remember his exact stats for the Alabama tournament, but he was something like 11 for 11 with 9 homeruns against some of the best teams in his age group.  I decided that it would be worth my time to watch him play. Fortunately for me, he participated in a tournament in my area shortly after I saw that article.  During his AB’s, all the fans at the other fields would walk over to his field to watch him hit.

It also gives you an idea of how much he traveled for baseball even at a young age.