Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103619 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I certainly fit that demographic.    :)    You're right   ...  I mostly listen at the gym or on my 6 mile walks.     I used to tell the young guys at work that you can always tell the target audience by the commercials the station plays  ...   tv or radio.
yah, like when you were a DJ and all the commercials were about produce . . . mushrooms, I think.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Panera comes up with yet another - they plan on switching over sometime this year to only and all "clean food."  In contrast to what they have been serving?  Vegetables washed in Rio water?  Chicken with extra salmonella coating?  Pork dipped in stuff pigs dip in?

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Panera comes up with yet another - they plan on switching over sometime this year to only and all "clean food."  In contrast to what they have been serving?  Vegetables washed in Rio water?  Chicken with extra salmonella coating?  Pork dipped in stuff pigs dip in?

The girls voice just makes everything about their commercials annoying and pretentious, that voice gets on my last nerve.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
May I vote for the hipster Chevy commercial?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
The girls voice just makes everything about their commercials annoying and pretentious, that voice gets on my last nerve.
I'm guessing Panera will not introduce a bowl with dirty rice now.  Those commercials make me want to get a chicken biscuit at Dunkins in protest.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Oh God. Please make it go away.

(On the other hand, I find the Geico Marco Polo commercial very funny.)

Offline Natsinpwc

Must not be watching close enough cause not sure what that one is? 

The Carrie Underwood Sunday Night (Football) one has gotten to me already. And not in a good way.

Offline GburgNatsFan

All those stupid Chevy commercial with that bearded guy asking a focus group of brain-dead late-20-somethings about cars, and them acting surprised when the winner is Chevy. It's a sick series of awful commercials based on a concept only a moribund ad firm could come up with, and Chevy bought in.

If you haven't seen them, you are either incredibly blessed, or your brain is filtering them out. Either way, bravo.

Must not be watching close enough cause not sure what that one is? 

The Carrie Underwood Sunday Night (Football) one has gotten to me already. And not in a good way.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
The United Olympic ads are really annoying.  Maybe especially so given the % of my life spent waiting for their flights.

Offline Natsinpwc

All those stupid Chevy commercial with that bearded guy asking a focus group of brain-dead late-20-somethings about cars, and them acting surprised when the winner is Chevy. It's a sick series of awful commercials based on a concept only a moribund ad firm could come up with, and Chevy bought in.

If you haven't seen them, you are either incredibly blessed, or your brain is filtering them out. Either way, bravo.
Ok. I've seen them. They don't bother me too much. Not sure why.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Listen more closely to the responses from the vapid focus group actors. You'll understand.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Chevrolet's target market is vapid.  You are clearly not a Chevy man. 
Listen more closely to the responses from the vapid focus group actors. You'll understand.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

You're a hipster?       :couch:

Online HalfSmokes

I'm just surprised they have enough acting skill to be convincingly amazed by a Malibu

There's something wierd about the whole 'our brand isn't crap' approach that they share with Buick ads

Offline Natsinpwc

I'm just surprised they have enough acting skill to be convincingly amazed by a Malibu

There's something wierd about the whole 'our brand isn't crap' approach that they share with Buick ads
We bought a lumina that my wife drives back in 1999. Had some GM credit card points which made it cheaper. Has lasted until now with surprisingly few problems. So. Yea. They are not quality but not total crap and a little cheaper than others.

Offline Natsinpwc

You're a hipster?       :couch:
Nah. Just turn the sound down.

Online 1995hoo

The new Long Roofing jingle WTOP airs between the traffic and weather has gotten really annoying really quickly.

I guess the test will be whether it's annoying enough to get the music from "The Phantom of the Opera" unstuck from my head, since we're at the Kennedy Center to see that tonight.

Offline Natsinpwc

Food that you want to fork. Just sick.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

The one with the people attempting to communicate via emojis annoys Mrs. Chief quite a bit for some reason :lol:

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
New Gatorade commercial "you say potato I say potahto" is all I can think whenever it's on, it's not catchy or clever it's just clunky and stupid and bugs the hell out of me  >:(

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Skippy - you're easily moved

New Gatorade commercial "you say potato I say potahto" is all I can think whenever it's on, it's not catchy or clever it's just clunky and stupid and bugs the hell out of me  >:(

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Skippy - you're easily moved

That's just it-I usually love the sports commercials, they're usually inspiring or motivating but that one is plain annoying.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
...meanwhile in radioland Kars4Kids drones on endlessly as always (and does not make its essential disclosure) and continues to fall back on ancient commercials, such as for the asthma people and the drink-driving campaigners ('so glad we left that stupid party')...is there no originality anymore?

Offline GburgNatsFan

Because you don't support striving high school athletes. Hater.

That's just it-I usually love the sports commercials, they're usually inspiring or motivating but that one is plain annoying.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I'm a sucker for animals as spokeswhatevers, so I like the llama, but it has as much to do with BofA and banking as South Park's Panda has to do with sexual harassment. The llama should have a guest appearance on the Island of the Misfit Mascots next episode.