Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417043 times)

Offline MtnJax

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2075: August 30, 2012, 09:08:44 PM »
Justin here from Charlotte, NC. Been following the team since last year. thanks to getting MASN/MASN2, I can watch all Nats games!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2076: August 30, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »
Justin here from Charlotte, NC. Been following the team since last year. thanks to getting MASN/MASN2, I can watch all Nats games!

Welcome!

Soooo.  Which do you watch next week:  convention or the Nats? 

The Dems are coming!  The Dems are coming (to Charlotte)

Offline MtnJax

« Reply #2077: August 30, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »
Welcome!

Soooo.  Which do you watch next week:  convention or the Nats? 

The Dems are coming!  The Dems are coming (to Charlotte)

Nats. I live about 20 miles north of Uptown where the DNC is going to be and will be staying far away

Offline Clever

« Reply #2078: September 02, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »
Shrewd.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #2079: September 02, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »
Welcome sirtoby.  When you visit Nats Park, don't be offended by what we call bratwurst.

You know, I got so frustrated by the sausage stands a few years ago - I forgot that they are even there.... They would never seem to have everything on the menu (if I was in the mood for the Italian, they didn't have it) and if they did - it wasn't ready.

Offline CurlyW4lyfe

« Reply #2080: September 02, 2012, 09:17:50 PM »
Hi. I go by CurlyW and I am a Washington native going to college in Atlanta . Started going to games this summer with a friend from WNFF (THAT WILL REMAIN UNNAMED) and got hooked. It's been wonderful following this team rain or shine.  :)

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2081: September 02, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »
Must be tough being in atlanta and being a nats fan!

Offline CurlyW4lyfe

« Reply #2082: September 02, 2012, 10:16:29 PM »
Must be tough being in atlanta and being a nats fan!

Haha we have our differences but I manage to get by.

Though if/when(emphasis on when) the Nats head to playoffs I will not shut up to my Atlanta friends :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2083: September 02, 2012, 10:21:12 PM »
Haha we have our differences but I manage to get by.

Though if/when(emphasis on when) the Nats head to playoffs I will not shut up to my Atlanta friends :lol:

:clap: :thumbs: :w:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2084: September 03, 2012, 04:06:21 PM »
Hi. I go by CurlyW and I am a Washington native going to college in Atlanta . Started going to games this summer with a friend from WNFF (THAT WILL REMAIN UNNAMED) and got hooked. It's been wonderful following this team rain or shine.  :)

stras37?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2085: September 03, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
I went off to college in '77 when the Red Sox, Os, and NYY were in a heck of a division race.  It was great to exchange barbs among fans of each team.  Well, it was great until the yankees won.

Offline ZManChoo

« Reply #2086: September 06, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
Hello Everybody,

I'm Ryan and I live in Hagerstown, Md. I've been a fan of the Nats since the day the team arrived. I come from a family of avid DC sports fans that never adopted the Orioles as more than a casual rooting interest, so we were all instant Nats fans. This season has been so enjoyable to the point when I sometimes wonder if what I'm watching is actually real! I'm especially happy that my dad is getting to enjoy this, as he has waited most of his 54 years to root for a good team (since his childhood Senators were of course never good).

I've been so wrapped up in baseball that I haven't even thought about the Skins opener in a few days (probably a good thing based on the last two decades). Normally I'd be counting down the hours.

Offline Clever

« Reply #2087: September 06, 2012, 04:36:55 PM »
A warm welcome to you, sir.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2088: September 06, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »
I'm especially happy that my dad is getting to enjoy this, as he has waited most of his 54 years to root for a good team (since his childhood Senators were of course never good).

:old:  Oh yeah?  I bet your old man could share a few good stories about the '69 Nats if you gave him an opening!    :P

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #2089: September 06, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »
Hello Everybody,

I'm Ryan and I live in Hagerstown, Md. I've been a fan of the Nats since the day the team arrived. I come from a family of avid DC sports fans that never adopted the Orioles as more than a casual rooting interest, so we were all instant Nats fans. This season has been so enjoyable to the point when I sometimes wonder if what I'm watching is actually real! I'm especially happy that my dad is getting to enjoy this, as he has waited most of his 54 years to root for a good team (since his childhood Senators were of course never good).

I've been so wrapped up in baseball that I haven't even thought about the Skins opener in a few days (probably a good thing based on the last two decades). Normally I'd be counting down the hours.

Welcome from your neighbor to the east (Thurmont)!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2090: September 07, 2012, 06:28:26 AM »
Hey. ZMANCHOO!  How are the Suns doing in the playoffs?

Offline UncleAtom

• UncleAtom
« Reply #2091: September 07, 2012, 09:43:01 AM »
Hi all,
Happy to be here - and extra happy to have such a good team to root for!
I've been registered for a while but it's hard to find time to check in.  Anyway, I just posted a haiku commemorating last night's sweep, over in the haiku thread.
GYFNG!

Uncle Atom
Annandale, VA

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2092: September 07, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »
Saw the haiku.  You have potential as a poet.  Welcome.

Offline WerthHisWeight

« Reply #2093: September 14, 2012, 10:52:59 PM »
Greetings, fellow Nats fans.  I was living overseas when the Nats first came to DC, but have followed them from afar since Day 1.  Now based in Arlington, just in time to watch this amazing season.  Looking forward to sharing the ride with so many other great Nats fans.

Edit:  Oh, and I won't be writing any haiku...

Offline Clever

« Reply #2094: September 14, 2012, 10:53:54 PM »
Greetings, fellow Nats fans.  I was living overseas when the Nats first came to DC, but have followed them from afar since Day 1.  Now based in Arlington, just in time to watch this amazing season.  Looking forward to sharing the ride with so many other great Nats fans.

Edit:  Oh, and I won't be writing any haiku...
What's cracking, homeskillet?

Offline WerthHisWeight

« Reply #2095: September 14, 2012, 10:54:55 PM »
What's cracking, homeskillet?

Pistachios, mainly.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #2096: September 28, 2012, 09:17:44 AM »
Hi everyone -

I'm  originally from Miami, FL, but moved to DC as an intern in 2007, and permanently in 2009. I'm a huge fan of Miami sports teams (as the name suggests, big Heat fan) but I've adopted DC United and George Mason (my grad school) as my local teams, along with the Nats.

I grew up a huge, season ticket holding every-game-watching Marlins fan, but slowly and surely they lost me as a fan. The breaking point was the Miguel Cabrera deal; couldn't stand to root for a team ran by liars and crooks. Needless to say their continued cheapness and incompetence even with a new stadium has really vindicated me (unfortunately for them.)

I was in baseball limbo for a year or so, and actually became a Nats fan in 2007. My first game, I believe, was against Cleveland in 07 when Chad Cordero blew a save by giving up a bomb to Grady Sizemore. I kept thinking "damn, him, Cliff Lee and Brandon Phillips should be Nationals!" That worked out for us in the long run huh?

Really became devoted in 2009 with partial season tickets I had up to 2011. Couldn't in 2012; I have a terrible in-attendance record, so I'm not re-upping for 2013 either.

Anyway, long time reader of WNFF, figured I'd finally sign up.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2097: September 28, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »
Welcome, NationalHeat.  I admire that you were able to become hooked in the 100 loss era, especially when it seemed the Marlins owned the Nats.  Bad owners will drive away fans.  I'm sure you've seen the LAC / LANC debates (If you ignore them, then you are not only welcome but also smarter than most of us).  Somehow, someway, the ownership here seems to have brought in good people and let them do their job.  That's a nice change from Loria.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2098: September 28, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »
The NBA sucks.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2099: September 28, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
The NBA sucks.

Minty rolling out the welcome mat.

:roll: