Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 425074 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2175: April 14, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »
I'm really starting to tire of all the SF and PC type comments.  I can usually tolerate the two of them, but it seems like so many posters are now just on the team's jock waiting for them to falter so they can complain.  I guess that comes with the territory now but I think I have had enough.  I somewhat understand why MDS isn't around anymore and I think it may be time for me to do the same.  Too much whining and overreacting and way too little sanity.

Kinda sick of them too.  Starting to ignore negative posts!

Offline Woodleygrrl

« Reply #2176: April 15, 2013, 08:48:41 AM »
Hey There:

Brand new to the boards, my name is Jennifer and my husband and I have been season ticket holders for 3 years.  We go down to Viera for Spring Training every March and consider ourselves addicted to the Nats.  If you ask my husband (who is on these Boards) he would probably tell you that I have it worse than he does.  During game 4 last year I screamed so loud I thought that I was having a heart attack and/or a stroke.  (really).

Trying to talk myself off the ledge after this weekend, but here is to a fantastic year.  GO NATS!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2177: April 15, 2013, 12:33:36 PM »
Welcome Jennifer - hope you're part of the Sunshine Squad and not Doomsday Club

Hey There:

Brand new to the boards, my name is Jennifer and my husband and I have been season ticket holders for 3 years.  We go down to Viera for Spring Training every March and consider ourselves addicted to the Nats.  If you ask my husband (who is on these Boards) he would probably tell you that I have it worse than he does.  During game 4 last year I screamed so loud I thought that I was having a heart attack and/or a stroke.  (really).

Trying to talk myself off the ledge after this weekend, but here is to a fantastic year.  GO NATS!

Offline Woodleygrrl

« Reply #2178: April 15, 2013, 12:53:56 PM »
All sunshine, all the time!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #2179: April 15, 2013, 03:40:27 PM »
All sunshine, all the time!

Well, then you shouldn't be standing anywhere NEAR the ledge...a lot happens in a years time, last year, this time, we were using Brad Lidge and Henry Rodriguez as go to closers and had a 9-3 record!
Welcome to the WNFF

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2180: April 15, 2013, 08:24:45 PM »
Hey There:

So which poster is a guy, married and traveled to Viera the last three years?  Do we start a thread and start throwing out names?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2181: April 15, 2013, 08:26:34 PM »
So which poster is a guy, married and traveled to Viera the last three years?  Do we start a thread and start throwing out names?

Ms. Powerboater?     

:rofl:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2182: April 15, 2013, 08:28:46 PM »
Hey There:

You sound like me!  I scream at ballgames too!  Even at the umpires!  Where are you at the park?  I'm in 310.

Btw, welcome!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2183: April 15, 2013, 08:34:20 PM »
Ms. Powerboater?     

:rofl:

Nope, I've been going to spring training since 2005, one name eliminated.  Mrs. TomTwerp?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2184: April 15, 2013, 08:36:09 PM »
Nope, I've been going to spring training since 2005, one name eliminated.  Mrs. TomTwerp?

I've never been to spring training.  Always a heavy workload time of year for me.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2185: April 15, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »

Why must people be identified?  That's why they have screen names!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2186: April 15, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »

Not ID'd as in his real name, ID'd as in screen name, and he doesn't have to be, I just thought it made for an interesting logic puzzle and test of knowledge of fellow posters.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2187: April 15, 2013, 09:03:16 PM »

It's those damn pictures.   :)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #2188: April 17, 2013, 08:42:35 AM »
Kinda sick of them too.  Starting to ignore negative posts!

Just starting to ignore negative posts now? Been doing that for years.

Actually, it not negative posts I ignore, I should say reactionary posts. You know, "We got swept by the Braves. The season is over. We will be lucky to make the playoffs..."

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #2189: April 17, 2013, 08:49:23 AM »
Just starting to ignore negative posts now? Been doing that for years.

Actually, it not negative posts I ignore, I should say reactionary posts. You know, "We got swept by the Braves. The season is over. We will be lucky to make the playoffs..."

Oh, so this is a constant thing?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2190: April 17, 2013, 09:36:31 AM »
Oh, so this is a constant thing?

Yes.  It's constant.  From both sides.

The only thing worse than the LoD and the SSS is the posters who whine about the LoDor the SSS.  Just mock them.  It's funnier that way.

Offline Woodleygrrl

« Reply #2191: April 17, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »
I have no idea what his screen name is!  I guess I am a bad wife!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2192: April 17, 2013, 11:13:40 AM »
I have no idea what his screen name is!

Sometimes it's better not to know.  :)     Welcome !

Offline coldbeatle89

« Reply #2193: April 17, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »
Hey, my name's Patrick, and actually, I'm not actually a Nats fan, I'm a Braves fan.

BUT BEFORE YOU HANG UP AND HIT THE BANHAMMER AND ALL THAT JAZZ- I'm here to apologize for all the idiotic trolls that visited your boards last week. They don't really represent us in a good way, period. And there are always some idiots out there who just like to antagonize.

I have an immense respect for the Nationals organization and their fans, and I look forward to a good race this year, it should be exciting. I think both teams are clearly the class of the NL if not all of MLB. My cousins live in DC and are Nats fans, so I guess that counts? Maybe?

So this is just me coming here as an apology for the idiotic trolls that always exist and wishing you all the best of luck. Plus I think I'd post here from time-to-time as well- I'm a huge LaRoche fan (always have been, always will be- he's one of the nicest people in baseball), and y'all have a great community here it seems.

And I am trying to figure out a way to get up to DC to see my cousins while also attending a Nationals game at some point this year, so I figured I could turn here if I had questions about Nationals Park. So yeah.

Anyways, again, sorry for the ridiculous trolls. And best of luck this season to you!

--Patrick

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2194: April 17, 2013, 12:00:19 PM »
coldbeatle89 - thanks.  Reality is that the worst trolls for any team really don't represent the teams fanbase, except for the Phillies ;) .  Feel free to chime in occasionally and even straighten us out we are way the heck off base. We don't like looking like idiots, either, so if it is a factual mistake, feel free to pipe up.  This site is not a bad read if you are tracking sentiment in this region, and certainly if you want to compare reactions to moves by other NL teams, having another perspective is fun.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2195: April 17, 2013, 02:21:26 PM »
patrick, i used to root for the braves before we got a team here in D.C., I still have a lot of respect for the organization.  Like the Nats, they have always been classy.   I've been to several games at the stadium and always had a good time.

I look forward to knocking you guys out of the playoffs, but welcome.  :)

Offline coldbeatle89

« Reply #2196: April 17, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »
coldbeatle89 - thanks.  Reality is that the worst trolls for any team really don't represent the teams fanbase, except for the Phillies ;) .  Feel free to chime in occasionally and even straighten us out we are way the heck off base. We don't like looking like idiots, either, so if it is a factual mistake, feel free to pipe up.  This site is not a bad read if you are tracking sentiment in this region, and certainly if you want to compare reactions to moves by other NL teams, having another perspective is fun.

TRUTH about the Phillies. If y'all remember when the Mets were actually pretty good in the late 90s and early 2000s, those fans were... gah. Oh man. But Phils fans are annoying. Just like Eagles fans. And Sixer fans. And Flyers fans (well, when I had a hockey team that I could FOLLOW they were annoying, IDK if that's changed since the Thrashers left).

But thanks for the kind words. It always is good to get a fresh and different perspective on things.

patrick, i used to root for the braves before we got a team here in D.C., I still have a lot of respect for the organization.  Like the Nats, they have always been classy.   I've been to several games at the stadium and always had a good time.

I look forward to knocking you guys out of the playoffs, but welcome.  :)

Haha, it should be a great season. And I've heard from people like Don Sutton who say absolutely the nicest things about the Nats organization. Can't forget that Stan Kasten was there too for a few years. Always liked him, well, when he was with the Braves. Mostly when he was with the Hawks too, but he also didn't stop Pete Babcock and Lenny Wilkens from trading Nique in the middle of the Hawks best season and Nique's best season. Gah.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2197: April 17, 2013, 04:06:31 PM »
But thanks for the kind words. It always is good to get a fresh and different perspective on things.

If you've come for a fresh perspective then BOY have you come to the wrong place!   :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2198: April 17, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
Cold Beatle doesn't have a hockey team?   How about the Caps?

Welcome

Offline mitlen