Poll

When will NBA negotiations come to agreement and the  Wizards Season start?

Nov 2011
0 (0%)
Dec 2011
0 (0%)
Jan 2012
0 (0%)
Not gonna happen this season
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: September 29, 2011, 10:03:56 AM

Author Topic: NBA - Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Season- THEY'RE BACK........  (Read 15012 times)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
I'd like me some Harrison Barnes or Andre Drummond in the draft.

Offline Upark25

This team is god-awful might be historically bad.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
The Wiz suck.   That is all.

Offline ronnynat

Sometimes Nick Young looks like one of the best shooters in the NBA.

Good game so far.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Sometimes Nick Young looks like one of the best shooters in the NBA.

Good game so far.

I agree. I think if we got two solid players out of SF/PF/C and had the other slot filled with something we currently have, we could be a good team. I'd prefer a SF/PF with McGee as the center.

It's like us to let the opposing team to go on a 20-7 run before half but so far its been all hustle. The last 6-7 minutes were very boneheaded though. I think there was at least 4 turnovers with two of them being passes thrown out of bounds (however they were still good looks). Seraphin with 3 fouls in less then 3 minutes. Now 4 of our big men have 3 fouls.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I wish we got rid of Lewis. Just make Singleton the starter. He's got more minutes tonight and has a better stat line by far.

Offline ronnynat

Man, I hope we get to see THIS team many more times this season. Great effort. Just need to close this one out.

Offline ronnynat

Oh well. Good game.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Oh well. Good game.

Yea nothing you can do. 23 turnovers leading to 7 Knicks points and then a couple of rushed shots in the remaining two minutes. I can't blame them. That was a fun game to watch.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Someone want to tell my why Wall was attempting a three-pointer before we had our last shot? The kid is TERRIBLE at shooting threes. Yeah he's made a couple and has had ONE winner off a lucky bank shot against the Celtics last year. Just don't understand the logic of the team. Get Flip's simple self out of here and make sure the door hits Ernie in the a$$ on the way out too!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Someone want to tell my why Wall was attempting a three-pointer before we had our last shot? The kid is TERRIBLE at shooting threes. Yeah he's made a couple and has had ONE winner off a lucky bank shot against the Celtics last year. Just don't understand the logic of the team. Get Flip's simple self out of here and make sure the door hits Ernie in the a$$ on the way out too!

John Wall is better at three's then he is at mid range shots. It's weird. It was understandable why he shot it since he was wide open but I still would've preferred a Nick Young/Mcgee post up shot. To bad we couldn't score on the two-three previous possessions. Hopefully the hustle in the following games are equivalent to tonights because it was pretty good.

Offline ronnynat

Singleton is a keeper. He's going to be in the NBA for a long time.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
This team is hilarious to watch. Silly me for thinking they would have improved. Guess it was high hopes with mullet assbackward Flip Saunders.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Worst Wizards/Bullets team I've ever seen. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Holy crap I did not know they played early today. That's one ugly boxscore. Hurry up and get a good SF/PF and let Booker and Singleton come off the bench.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Why is Flip Saunders still the coach?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
They are back and they stink!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Might be the only guy that will take the job. God, do they suck.
Why is Flip Saunders still the coach?

Offline Bloo

I think they would lose to the Washington Generals at this point.

Offline GNatsNoMore

I think they would lose to the Washington Generals at this point.
Somebody in a Post chat the other day - I think it was Tracee Hamilton - was asked what she thought about a prediction that the Wizards would get 7 wins this season.  Her response was "I'm wondering where the 7 wins will come from".  At the time I thought she was exaggerating for a little dramatic effect, but at this point, not so much. 

Also, Blatche has gotta go, for a number of reasons.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
This is almost like following the 1988 Orioles (the team that lost an AL-record 21 straight to start the season)...when will it end?

And the fans are voting with their feet, despite reduced ticket prices - Wizards haven't sold to over 85% of capacity at home yet, and yesterday afternoon, despite a 'family fun' promo, drew only a bit over 13k (all right it was an uncompelling opponent and they were going up against the NFL playoffs, but still...) - tomorrow night's turn-out for the Raptors should be very interesting.

Online HalfSmokes

If Leonsis believes on taking your time and building a winner the right way, I'm sure he understands that fans will take their time and show up when it's built

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Apparently Wolf Blitzer is a Wizards fan.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Apparently Wolf Blitzer is a Wizards fan.

In fact, the last few seasons he used to do a 'Situation Room' clip before each home match, involving the Wizards and that night's opponent (rather generic actually)...this has not been continued in the current season.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
If Leonsis believes on taking your time and building a winner the right way, I'm sure he understands that fans will take their time and show up when it's built
In Ted's Takes (Ted Leonsis) his blog, dated january 9, it was his birthday on January 8, Sunday, and he was sitting in the front row (courtside) seat of the Wizards game and he was not happy. He stated, in his blog, that some hard non-emotional decisions are going to have to be made about the Wizards team. Looks like changes are coming down the pike. Hope so, or it will be the worst season of record for the Wizards. Hope they realize they just have to let Flip Saunders move on, to somewhere else, and bring in a new coach and crew; and that Blatche time has come to go.......away..... :smh: