Author Topic: Iron Man  (Read 992 times)

MrMadison

Iron Man
« Topic Start: May 01, 2008, 09:55:03 PM »
tomorrow is my dad's birthday, and we're going to see Iron Man.

(this plan was made 2 months ago when he discovered that an Iron Man movie was coming out on his birthday.)

I'll tell you what I thought when I get back.  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Iron Man
« Reply #1: May 02, 2008, 12:31:05 AM »
YOU MEAN THIS ISN'T A POST ABOUT CAL?!!  :shock:  ;)  :lol:

« Reply #2: May 02, 2008, 09:51:25 AM »
I'm seeing it at 12:30pm today. I love me some Robert Downey Jr.!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #3: May 02, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
I'm seeing it at 12:30pm today. I love me some Robert Downey Jr.!

I'm a huge fan as well. If you get the time, I'd recommend watching this short he did a few years ago called Whatever We Do. Amanda Peet, Tim Roth (I've always been a big fan of his, too), and Zooey Deschanel are also in it. I thought it was great.

http://content.foxsearchlight.com/searchlab/node/1480

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: May 02, 2008, 10:32:18 AM »
I'm a hug fan as well.

You're a hug fan huh? ;)

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #5: May 02, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »

« Reply #6: May 02, 2008, 03:40:24 PM »
Just got back.

I didn't think it was earth shattering, but I did find it very cool. A nice start to a potential franchise. I would of loved to see a little more "Iron Man Action", but the first movie in this sort of thing is almost always the "setup film."

Downey was fantastic as Stark. He really nailed the character, full of the cockiness, style, and swagger. Jeff Bridges was pretty good as well.

Oh and stay after the credits. There is a little scene with a bit of a "surprise" and story arc to it. Not a worthless scene like at the end of the the Pirates of the Caribbean 3.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #7: May 02, 2008, 05:16:57 PM »
I always thought RDJ was very talented and am so glad to see his career come back after the trouble he went through. He's one of my faves...

natsfan1a

« Reply #8: May 02, 2008, 05:32:27 PM »
I've always liked RDJ, too. (p.s. Nice avi, Chief. :thumbs:)

MrMadison

« Reply #9: May 02, 2008, 11:03:14 PM »
Just got home from the movie.

It was *very* good, imo. I enjoyed it a lot.  Robert Downey Jr. nailed his role as Tony Stark, and I can't wait to see Terrence Howard as War Machine in the inevitable sequel.

oh and.....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #10: May 04, 2008, 07:22:51 PM »
I saw this last night. Had it not been for wanting to get home for the fight I would've stayed to watch it again. It was that good, IMO. Downey did a fine job as Tony Stark, however, maybe my mind is fuzzy but I always thought Tony Stark was a little less crude than the way Downey portrayed him. I was shocked to see Gwyneth Paltrow in the movie. She looked fabulous though.