Author Topic: Forum Traffic  (Read 2560 times)

Offline bud

Re: Forum Traffic
« Reply #25: January 07, 2012, 08:19:47 AM »
And though I may post irregularly, I do check this page a few times a day.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #26: January 07, 2012, 09:16:32 AM »
This is by far the best Nats news source because there are over a dozen people who post rumors and tweets as soon as they come out.

It's also great because we have regular bloggers who post here as well so if you're looking for something more in depth you can follow them here as well.  I only use Nationals.com for two things:  1. to check standings; and 2. to use Nathan's MLB.tv.  :lol:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #27: January 10, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »
I will agree with bud, I searched A LOT for a nice Nationals forum and indeed signed up over here in 2008, I assume when the site opened or close to that time. Must not have been active yet or very active because I didn't stay long, but when I came back, big poppin. Haven't left yet.

Actually, this forum was pretty active darn near from the start.  The MLB board was going through the Troll Wars at the time, and WNFF was a refuge from the insanity.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=4.msg6#msg6

Chief, I couldn't find an earlier thread than this one. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #28: January 10, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »
I remember those days. I recall Chief posting in the MLB board about game threads at this location and asking people to come over to register and thinking to myself, "What the freak is a game thread?"  :rofl:

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #29: January 11, 2012, 12:42:49 AM »
Actually, this forum was pretty active darn near from the start.

You callin me a liah!!!!!!!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #30: January 11, 2012, 01:01:03 AM »
I used to post briefly on MLB but kept hearing about "the other forum" and decided to check it out.  Over 6135 hours spent online here later, here we are :-[

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #31: January 11, 2012, 01:34:50 AM »
You all and your 7,000, 30,000, 10,000 etc post make me sick :(

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #32: January 11, 2012, 01:39:00 AM »
SF has 55k.  Linty and I joined within minutes of each other and has 22k :lol:  if all my off topic bullcrap posts in the red loft and uncensored counted I'd have twice as many posts as I do.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #33: January 11, 2012, 01:45:29 AM »
Believe me I know. Before I was banned on Extremeskins, I racked up 6,000 post rather quickly.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #34: January 11, 2012, 06:24:54 AM »
Believe me I know. Before I was banned on Extremeskins, I racked up 6,000 post rather quickly.

How did you get banned from that place?  Did you call out AtlantaSkinsFan for being an assclown or something?

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #35: January 11, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
Haha. I told some Sean Taylor loonies to drink bleach so they could hang out with him all day....well, that was the final straw, I had done a lot of other stuff too. Apparently I was the "user note champion" over there. Heh.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #36: January 11, 2012, 08:30:55 AM »
I haven't bothered signing up for an account over there because I know I'd be banned in a day.  The homerism over there is sickening. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #37: January 11, 2012, 08:34:54 AM »
I haven't bothered signing up for an account over there because I know I'd be banned in a day.  The homerism over there is sickening.

It would be fair to point out that you are more than a bit trollish on the matter of the Redskins of course.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #38: January 11, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »

It was a nice play to sign up for in the earlier years, such as this site is right now, but once it became the teams "official" message board, it went downhill. You had THOUSANDS of people signing up just to post ridiculous stuff and it's still that way today, but worse IMO.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #39: January 11, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »
It would be fair to point out that you are more than a bit trollish on the matter of the Redskins of course.

Sure, it's also werth pointing out the MarquisDeSade handle is an act and should be viewed as such on all matters of posts under that name.  IRL I don't care for Rax Glassjaw but if he was the starter on say the Cleveland Browns I probably wouldn't care.  That he's the QB of a team that occupies 95% of all sports radio in this town I can't hold in the vitriol.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #40: January 11, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
Sure, it's also werth pointing out the MarquisDeSade handle is an act and should be viewed as such on all matters of posts under that name.

Wait a minute. You are not real? Bummer.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #41: January 11, 2012, 10:30:19 AM »
SF has 55k.  Linty and I joined within minutes of each other and has 22k :lol:  if all my off topic bullcrap posts in the red loft and uncensored counted I'd have twice as many posts as I do.

I'm in the same boat. I would probably be around 10,000 if all of my posts counted.  :lol:

I should get +2 for some of those BWT posts.  :lmao:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #42: January 11, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »
Wait a minute. You are not real? Bummer.

Certain parts certainly are, certain parts are definitely an act.  :lol:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #43: January 11, 2012, 10:36:15 AM »
Like I've said many times, this board is the best. I've posted on several other boards on the interwebz and this one beats them all. I think I found this one by seeing a post on the MLB boards about it. I was checking out that board, which was terrible, and saw something about WNFF. I was like "screw it...I'll check it out". I think I've been here for 3 years now...maybe 4. I only post on this board and the Bumper Boards (Washington Capitals).

Edit: I'll have 4 years in April.  :)

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #44: January 11, 2012, 01:17:17 PM »
Agreed Berkeley, I started getting active this past Spring Training. For some reason I didn't stay when I signed up in 08, don't know why. Maybe I forgot about the site, I thought it might have been because it was inactive, but it doesn't appear to be thanks to Tom, so no idea, either way, I find myself coming back here more and more now.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #45: January 11, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »
Certain parts certainly are, certain parts are definitely an act.  :lol:

Can personally attest to this!