Author Topic: Someone put Icy-Hot in Strasburg's jock strap today  (Read 9997 times)

Offline Rasta

Or so that is what Davey said after the game.  WTH?

Mark Zuckerman ‏ @MarkZuckerman
As if 1st inn wasn't strange enough for Strasburg, Davey also said he got "hot stuff in the wrong place." Strasburg wouldn't talk about it.

The insinuation from Davey: Somebody put something like Icy-Hot on Strasburg in a place it shouldn't have been before game.

Offline Rasta

Adam Kilgore ‏ @AdamKilgoreWP
Asking around, there's no way it was a prank on Strasburg. No one in there is that dumb. Strasburg seemed miffed Davey brought it up.

Strasburg, when asked about "hot stuff": "You know, I'm going to keep that in the clubhouse."

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
what the freak

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline houston-nat

I call sabotage.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Stras seems like a very shy, private guy. I bet he's pissed at Davey. Davey should know better.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Stras seems like a very shy, private guy. I bet he's pissed at Davey. Davey should know better.

Just wait til ESPN gets on this story.

:wtf:

Offline 114D

Agree 100%.  This troubles me greatly.  Luckily Stras is locked into the Nats for a long time for that relationship (between him and either Davey or the next coach) to be repaired.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

That or Stras needs to learn to deal with the fact that he's a public figure.

Offline houston-nat

@MLBFakeRumors

BREAKING: Strasburg to the DL with testicle burns. RHP scheduled to see Dr. Andrews about Tommy Jock surgery.

Offline ZIM4MVP

Jesus.  If this is the reason for his poor performance, whoever did this should be forced to eat the icy hot from the jock.

Offline Rasta

@MLBFakeRumors

BREAKING: Strasburg to the DL with testicle burns. RHP scheduled to see Dr. Andrews about Tommy Jock surgery.

That is funny. 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Why are you all asuming, the wrong place is where you think it is? 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
My guess? Lannan.

And I definitely think Strasburg should petition to have all runs be unearned today. :lol:

Offline ZIM4MVP

Now i understand why they call him the young fireballer

Online zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
"We pray for his balls and his family."

Offline PC

This is beyond idiotic.  On the day he starts???

Why not take out a bow and arrow and shoot him in the arm?  Or poison the post game spread?  That should be good for a few chuckles!  >:(

Offline bklynnats

Offline Obed_Marsh

Somebody is just asking for the rubber nunchucks.

Offline houston-nat

Somebody is just asking for the rubber nunchucks.

Yes, a visit from Livan Hernandez is in order.

Offline PC

From Kilgore:

The sense in the Nationals’ clubhouse was no one would have pulled a prank on Strasburg on the day he pitched – nobody would be that dumb. Baseball clubhouses are full of jocularity and pranks, but they don’t take precedence over winning.

Players found it plausible that the ointment had found the wrong place by accident. Some pitchers will use the Hot Stuff to prepare for a start and get their blood flowing. It is possible the rain and wet conditions caused the ointment to move to the wrong part of Strasburg’s body.

HE is the someone!  :shock:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quit grabbing your junk!