Author Topic: [SUSPENDED]Nationals vs Astros, Game 2  (Read 29393 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: Nationals vs Astros, Game 2
« Reply #675: May 05, 2009, 06:00:52 PM »
Don't we have to play that game with the same roster as today?

That would make sense, atleast the same pitchers used and all that, i was just thinking if we signed a nice reliever since then would we be able to use him

Offline daveb32

« Reply #676: May 05, 2009, 06:00:57 PM »
Will this resume in the tenth inning with Dukes on first and the same lineups on 7/9? Will the Nats bat last even though they're in Houston?

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #677: May 05, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »
But it makes no sense to not count them now because they've already been recorded.  None of these stats from today's game will change between now and July 9th.

But the game's not over.  It's a bit of a silly rule, but look at it this way: Who are the winning and losing pitchers?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #678: May 05, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »
Will this resume in the tenth inning with Dukes on first and the same lineups on 7/9? Will the Nats bat last even though they're in Houston?

Yea, I wonder if we'll be wearing the away jerseys though.

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #679: May 05, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »

Yes.  It's like when they took the tarp off the field, we were all warped to Houston.  Nats'll bat last, probably in the road uniforms.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #680: May 05, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »
i come back to see the game has been suspended. SMH. that's just stupid.

Bags

« Reply #681: May 05, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
But it makes no sense to not count them now because they've already been recorded.  None of these stats from today's game will change between now and July 9th.

It doesn't matter, that's the way the rulebook is written, the stats will be added back in once it's complete.

Offline blue911

« Reply #682: May 05, 2009, 06:05:04 PM »
Don't we have to play that game with the same roster as today?

NO.

But any player on today's roster will fall under the game day rules. Any player that is added to the roster will be allowed to enter the game at the manager discretion.

Bags

« Reply #683: May 05, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »
i was just thinking if we signed a nice reliever since then would we be able to use him
I don't think so.

Offline blue911

« Reply #684: May 05, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »
It doesn't matter, that's the way the rulebook is written, the stats will be added back in once it's complete.

You're correct. A player could have a 32 game streak before they had a 31 game streak.

Bags

« Reply #685: May 05, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »
The danger in all of this is if a key member in your effort to win today's game gets hurt, or released, in the meantime, since the bench is already very short.  They've actually used all their bench/position players, so if something happened to any of those guys currently in the lineup, we will see one of our starting pitchers who didn't pitch today playing out in the field somewhere, the outfield most likely... lovely.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #686: May 05, 2009, 06:10:53 PM »
The danger in all of this is if a key member in your effort to win today's game gets hurt, or released, in the meantime, since the bench is already very short.  They've actually used all their bench/position players, so if something happened to any of those guys currently in the lineup, we will see one of our starting pitchers who didn't pitch today playing out in the field somewhere, the outfield most likely... lovely.

Atleast we know they have a strong arm.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #687: May 05, 2009, 06:11:46 PM »
Since they are going to resume the game anyway and since Zimmerman actually already extended the streak they should go ahead and count it because the rest of the game will not impact the streak. Of course it would make sense to wait for the game to end to count it as official if he were still hitless but he isn't so I don't see the big deal.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #688: May 05, 2009, 06:19:33 PM »
I freaking hate this team. hate them.

freak the entire pitching staff

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #689: May 05, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »
freak the entire pitching staff.  and wil nieves.  who?  wil nieves!

fixed

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #690: May 05, 2009, 06:28:07 PM »

No.  You play with the roster on hand at time, minus whoever was already in the game.  If Mock's in the minors, for example, they could pitch Bergmann. 

If they traded Kearns to Houston, he would be eligible to play for the Astros against the Nats.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #691: May 05, 2009, 06:29:42 PM »
fixed
he's been terrible this year. no doubt about it. clearly trying to do to much and his bat hasn't been much. he hasn't gotten a lot of playing time but when he's been in there he hasn't been sharp. but who else do we have to back-up? no one. Bard is worse.

Offline blue911

« Reply #692: May 05, 2009, 06:31:23 PM »
No.  You play with the roster on hand at time, minus whoever was already in the game.  If Mock's in the minors, for example, they could pitch Bergmann. 

If they traded Kearns to Houston, he would be eligible to play for the Astros against the Nats.

Not if Kearns had been removed from the game.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #693: May 05, 2009, 06:34:13 PM »
I think it's safe to say after this series that the Nats and Astros are the two clear-cut worst teams in baseball.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #694: May 05, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »
Although in NC we have a joint called Cookout which has great burgers and over 41 different milkshakes. Yum.

Yum is right! We went to one over by Charlotte and liked it so much we made a stop on the return leg.  :icon_mrgreen:

One thing we weren't too keen on was the absence of going inside to eat and even order.  Maybe it was this particular Cookout or it's their standard business design but you order thru a small walkup window and stand around and wait for your order.  When it's ready you either eat at picnic tables or in your car. But the food was fantastic.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #695: May 05, 2009, 06:38:10 PM »
he's been terrible this year. no doubt about it. clearly trying to do to much and his bat hasn't been much. he hasn't gotten a lot of playing time but when he's been in there he hasn't been sharp. but who else do we have to back-up? no one. Bard is worse.

i agree with the first part he's been terrible this year.  can't blame it on playing time, as backup catcher you gotta be ready to go everyday and step in a pinch to hit or go in for defense/injury or get a start or two a week. 

i really don't know how bard can be worse than nieves. 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #696: May 05, 2009, 06:41:31 PM »
i really don't know how bard can be worse than nieves.

Six of one, half dozen of the other is the typical way to describe it. That or they both suck.  :rofl:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #697: May 05, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »
Nah its the run teddy run, cinco de mayo shirt.

Best. Shirt. Ever.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #698: May 05, 2009, 06:43:36 PM »
Best. Shirt. Ever.

Worst. Game. Ever.

I've never seen pitchers let great hitters down so often, or so many lead changes in one game. Craptastic.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #699: May 05, 2009, 06:45:23 PM »
Worst. Game. Ever.

I've never seen pitchers let great hitters down so often, or so many lead changes in one game. Craptastic.
definitely. When I got home from work I skipped through the game and it made me sick watching all the ups and downs. felt like watching 5 different games in 1. The game should have been over after we went up 8-5. Our relievers are constantly falling behind hitters and walking them. disgusts me.