Author Topic: Game 5 roll call & info/tips/meeting spot  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Game 5 roll call & info/tips
« Reply #50: October 12, 2012, 02:28:30 AM »
... If I get hit by a bus and die tomorrow, I will be there. I'll have my corpse wheeled in Weekend at Bernie's style. So cheering alive or swarming with flies and dead, my ass will be in the second row in 129 tomorrow night.

Hell yeah! Friday night baseball! Friday night October baseball! Friday night playoff baseball! Friday night elimination game baseball! F••• yeah! 8:37pm start time, a game that won't end until midnight? Are you kidding me? This is what I live for baby! NLCS, here we come!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #51: October 12, 2012, 05:57:04 AM »
Steak Of The Union is one of the best places to get food in Nats Park

So the way the cheese steak stand works is, one guy takes your order and puts the meat on it, another guy puts the cheese on it and hands it to you.

I didn't know this. So when the guy went over to put cheese on my steak, I thought he didn't know that somebody was already making my order, so I said "that dude is making my cheese steak"

to which I heard "WE are making your cheese steak, we work as a team!"

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #52: October 12, 2012, 06:32:59 AM »
The fairgrounds/bullpen/biergarten whatever is a good place to let the post-game metro crush subside.  And I had no particular trouble with lines for concessions, the pissoire, or anything else at either of the games thus far.  Max's had run out of shawarma by about the 6th inning but Blue Smoke and the taqueria were still serving right up to the 8th.  The one thing is that with all of the SRO tickets they are selling, it is impossible to wander about the ballpark watching from the concourses as I generally do a lot of during the regular season...you pretty much need to be in your seat unless you want to fight for a view.  That said, there are TV monitors pretty much everywhere.   

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #53: October 12, 2012, 08:20:28 AM »
Shabbat tonight so no Max's.  Max's should be in full operation for the NLCS. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54: October 12, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »
OK, I'll nominate a meet up spot if no one else will.    How about between the CF stairs to the scoreboard walk and the Jamaican Jerk stand? Aim for 7 PM, but if you get there early, fine.  Start breaking up around 8 so we can find our seats?  Leaves it flexible where to grab food and drink (loft, porch for a round, scorebaord walk, steak shack, etc...)

Anyone have a better idea?  If we got a spot around 7, would the loft be feasible?

Offline Hondo

« Reply #55: October 12, 2012, 08:48:38 AM »
You can only sit outside if you have a game ticket with a face value of $105 or more.

Also, I'd you have SRO tix get there early at the CF gate and bum rush the red porch as well lol. You can get a seat at the restraurant for the whole game lol

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #56: October 12, 2012, 08:53:19 AM »
You can only sit outside if you have a game ticket with a face value of $105 or more.

We sat inside last time I was there (a few weeks back) and the server told us that there was time limit of 90 minutes.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #57: October 12, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »

Is that just for playoffs?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #58: October 12, 2012, 09:09:24 AM »
So what's the deal with standing room tickets for today?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #59: October 12, 2012, 09:18:33 AM »
Capital Weather Gang's NatCast has 'This late evening playoff game may be chilly, so opt for bringing a jacket. Let's send the Cardinals home for the season! with low 50's at first pitch, upper 40's by ninth inning, 5% chance of rain.

In TBSITH as always.

Online 1995hoo

« Reply #60: October 12, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »
Ms1995hoo arrived during the sixth inning last night (couldn't take off work two days in a row after taking off three days last week for a family issue) and she commented that the concourses were an absolute zoo, especially the Scoreboard Walk area near Shake Shack and Blue Smoke. She was going to get a hot dog or pretzel but she said it was such chaos that she couldn't even figure out where the lines were or which people might potentially be standing on line instead of milling about aimlessly. So consider that in terms of your eating and drinking plans, as tonight will no doubt be even more jammed out there.

I think tonight I'm just going to get down there before the ballpark even opens. I enter through the home plate gate and there's usually no line there.

OK, I'll nominate a meet up spot if no one else will.    How about between the CF stairs to the scoreboard walk and the Jamaican Jerk stand? Aim for 7 PM, but if you get there early, fine.  Start breaking up around 8 so we can find our seats?  Leaves it flexible where to grab food and drink (loft, porch for a round, scorebaord walk, steak shack, etc...)

Anyone have a better idea?  If we got a spot around 7, would the loft be feasible?

It'll be mobbed by 7:00 around there. Wednesday and yesterday I was up at the Red Loft for a while and I found that the most open space was around to the left side as you face the bar—that is, the walkway that leads around the back to the restrooms. Wide-open. I believe yesterday I headed for my seat about 35 minutes prior to gametime (left earlier on Wednesday based on the incorrect press reports that Frank Robinson's first pitch would be at 12:30).

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #61: October 12, 2012, 10:02:37 AM »

Is that just for playoffs?

Yes, I'm not sure of the "ticket with a face value of $105" part, since tickets in actaul seats on the Red Porch are only face valued at $55 for the NLDS, but they have restricted seating at the Red Porch resturant's outdoor, able to see the game live, seats to pre-reserved, baought some sort of ticket type people.
I believe you can still get one of the interior tables with patience and I have not seen restrictions on the resturant bar.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #62: October 12, 2012, 10:03:37 AM »
If you get a table in the red loft and buy brew the entire time you should be good right?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #63: October 12, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »

I probably won't make it in until a little after 7 but I'll definitely try to swing by at some point. It's going to be a madhouse tonight.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #64: October 12, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »
If you get a table in the red loft and buy brew the entire time you should be good right?

I'm honestly, not sure....the rules changed during the playoffs, if you are inside, without a view of the field, you should be OK, seems like I pass the same faces at my 2nd and 5th inning bathroom breaks...

The bar has gotten realatively empty starting about the 3rd inning, most folks have angled a place to stand and see the game live by then.

Offline Slumpbuster

« Reply #65: October 12, 2012, 10:31:54 AM »
How early do think I need to get there to get a parking spot in that $10. lot in front of the Navy yard entrance?

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #66: October 12, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
I'll be there, gone to/going to all three NLDS games, I don't know if my blood pressure can take it.

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #67: October 12, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »
It will be cold tonight.  Dress warmly!

Offline DC_Nats

« Reply #68: October 12, 2012, 11:18:45 AM »
Anyone have any confirmation on what time the gates open? Do the gates open at the usual 2.5 hours before game time (meaning 6pm)? Or do they change it for playoffs/game 5/friday night? If opening at 6, will there still be BP going on or will it just be a waiting game? Thanks in advance!

Offline DC_Nats

« Reply #70: October 12, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=gate_opening_times

I think it's the same time.

Thanks, LO.

Not only will it be 6pm but access to the rest of the stadium won't be until 7pm. Maybe not worth it to get ther too early.

Offline nicksnats

• Uk Natitude!
« Reply #71: October 12, 2012, 11:25:48 AM »
After spending the past 4 years working in DC watching the Nats every summer, Its finally got to the point I can be proud and watch it back home in England.

Spending my friday night inside the house with a couple of beers waiting for this game. The biggest game in Nats history in my opinion.

I dont want to temp fate but if we make the World Series, Im flying back over for it!

Hope everyone enjoys the game tonight, those who are going! Show some Natitude for me!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72: October 12, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »
Based Obed's call, the Loft / Porch probably should be out as a meeting spot. 

How would the alternative work? 

How about between the CF stairs to the scoreboard walk and the Jamaican Jerk stand? Aim for 7 PM, but if you get there early, fine.  Start breaking up around 8 so we can find our seats?  Leaves it flexible where to grab food and drink (loft, porch for a round, scorebaord walk, steak shack, etc...)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73: October 12, 2012, 11:31:36 AM »
Nicks - so with an 8:37 Pm washington time start, does that make it a 1:37 AM start in england?

Offline nicksnats

• Uk Natitude!
« Reply #74: October 12, 2012, 11:34:11 AM »
Yeah, Going to be a late one. Its got to be done though!