Author Topic: Ticket Questions  (Read 1469 times)

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Ticket Questions
« Topic Start: June 01, 2012, 10:15:41 PM »
Do the Nats release day of tickets?

It looks like a near sellout tomorrow and I was thinking of running over noon-ish and buying some if they release day of. The options left are not reasonable. No idea if the Nats do or don't sell day of tickets, but worth asking I suppose.

Thanks for any help!

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Ticket Questions
« Reply #1: June 01, 2012, 10:38:41 PM »
I suspect a lot of disgruntled Dierks Dingleberry fans will boycott...can't hurt to see what's available from the scalpers on half street after first pitch. 

Offline Dixon Ward

« Reply #2: June 01, 2012, 10:50:54 PM »
in the past they have released $5 tickets 2 hours before game time, available only at the box office. i assume they are still doing that but don't know for sure.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #3: June 01, 2012, 11:01:44 PM »
in the past they have released $5 tickets 2 hours before game time, available only at the box office. i assume they are still doing that but don't know for sure.

With the $5 tickets, they are uncalpable. You must go directly from purchase to inside Nats Park. So, you cannot just swing by and grab some. As for day of game, sure, every team in every sport does it, but it's risky to count on it. But by all means, to for it.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #4: June 02, 2012, 02:06:39 AM »

It looks like a near sellout tomorrow and I was thinking of running over noon-ish and buying some if they release day of. The options left are not reasonable. No idea if the Nats do or don't sell day of tickets, but worth asking I suppose.

Thanks for any help!

Great question, I've heard that they do release tickets reserved for the visiting team but no particulars as far as when they are release, how many, and what sections.  I haven't heard about day of game tickets much since opening day 2008 when they team apparently released a ton of tickets that they were holding out for season ticket sales.

One thing to look for in addition to the $5 seats is standing room only tickets that they will almost certainly be selling today.  These used to be $10 but I think that they raised the price to $15.  Not the best option for watching the game but certainly fine for the concert.

I can't believe the demand for tickets for this game, even the Red Sox series had cheaper tickets available on Stub Hub.  Right now you can't get in the door for under a hundred bucks.  Look for Lerner to turn Nats Park into the Grand Ole Opry North next season.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #5: June 02, 2012, 09:04:50 AM »
With the $5 tickets, they are uncalpable. You must go directly from purchase to inside Nats Park. So, you cannot just swing by and grab some. As for day of game, sure, every team in every sport does it, but it's risky to count on it. But by all means, to for it.

I've bought $5 tickets plenty of times before and did not have to go directly in. You buy them just like any other tickets as far as I know.

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #6: June 02, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
I've bought $5 tickets plenty of times before and did not have to go directly in. You buy them just like any other tickets as far as I know.

Yeah, they say you must proceed straight into the park, but no one's ever enforced that.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #7: June 02, 2012, 01:35:23 PM »
Just bought and sold six tickets for a $200 profit.  I wish I had priced them a bit higher, I got quick sales but could have made an extra $50 easy.  I really didn't think that last pair would sell at the price they did, I wanted to see Big and Rich, oh well.

The team shut off sales using the STH coupon code, I tried the code a couple dozen times, then I tried it without the code and was able to buy three pairs of tickets.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #8: June 02, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »
I suspect a lot of disgruntled Dierks Dingleberry fans will boycott...can't hurt to see what's available from the scalpers on half street after first pitch. 

Isn't the replacement act considered even better?

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #9: June 02, 2012, 01:49:06 PM »
Isn't the replacement act considered even better?

There's a few upset fans on Twitter, but I'd consider Big and Rich to be a major upgrade.

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #10: June 02, 2012, 07:42:59 PM »
One thing to look for in addition to the $5 seats is standing room only tickets that they will almost certainly be selling today.  These used to be $10 but I think that they raised the price to $15.  Not the best option for watching the game but certainly fine for the concert.

I understand that the SRO tickets went for $20 today  :$$$:

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #11: June 02, 2012, 07:52:31 PM »
I understand that the SRO tickets went for $20 today  :$$$:

Makes sense, if people show up at the park they're just as likely to pay $20 as $10, but when the standing room areas are four deep it's not a great way to watch the game.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #12: June 03, 2012, 08:02:18 AM »
Can anyone confirm the 5$ tix before gametime?

Supposedly the cheapest tix today are ~70$ on subhub n junk.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #13: June 03, 2012, 08:21:54 AM »
Can anyone confirm the 5$ tix before gametime?

Supposedly the cheapest tix today are ~70$ on subhub n junk.

The $5 tickets will go on sale at 11:30, they will sell 400 of them, there will almost certainly be a line to buy them when they become available.  They will also likely have standing room tickets available after the five dollar tickets are sold.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #14: June 03, 2012, 08:25:01 AM »
The $5 tickets will go on sale at 11:30, they will sell 400 of them, there will almost certainly be a line to buy them when they become available.  They will also likely have standing room tickets available after the five dollar tickets are sold.

So I should go down with 3 others and stand in line even w.o tix?

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #15: June 03, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »
Definitely glad I didn't fight that circus yesterday.

Will try again Tuesday.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #16: June 03, 2012, 09:19:53 AM »
So I should go down with 3 others and stand in line even w.o tix?

The only times I've bought the $5 tickets has been for sparsely attended games where they've been available at game time so I'm not the expert on this, but I'd recommend giving it a shot, get there at 11 and you should be fine. 

Post the results, I'm interested in how fast these tickets sell out in case I need to do this one day.

Offline RL04

« Reply #17: June 03, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »
There's a few upset fans on Twitter, but I'd consider Big and Rich to be a major upgrade.

I'm not a very much of a Modern Country fan but Big and Rich used to be HUGE.

Dierks Bentley?    Never heard of him.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #18: June 03, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »
Bought and sold six tickets at $150 profit for an hours work.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #19: June 27, 2012, 02:41:18 PM »
BUMPETY BUMP BUMP BUMP

Has anyone ever sat in Section 206-221? The 1st and 3rd Base Club? If so, opinions?

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #20: June 27, 2012, 03:03:19 PM »
I had seats on the 3b side a couple years ago (either the year the park opened or the second year).  They're pretty good and a bit of a sweet spot in terms of price/value, I think.  There's actually two tiers, there, I think - the sections further down teh baseline, like 206-209 and 218-221 are one tierd and then the ones closer behind home are a different (slightly higher priced) tier.  We were in the lower priced tier - I liked them.  I had to get used to the wire which holds up the screen being constantly in the field of view, but I did eventually.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #21: June 27, 2012, 03:25:01 PM »
I had seats on the 3b side a couple years ago (either the year the park opened or the second year).  They're pretty good and a bit of a sweet spot in terms of price/value, I think.  There's actually two tiers, there, I think - the sections further down teh baseline, like 206-209 and 218-221 are one tierd and then the ones closer behind home are a different (slightly higher priced) tier.  We were in the lower priced tier - I liked them.  I had to get used to the wire which holds up the screen being constantly in the field of view, but I did eventually.

Is it inside or what?

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #22: June 27, 2012, 03:33:27 PM »
I'm an idiot.  We were in 307, not 207.   :-[  Your "is it inside?" question made me think "How would it be inside?"  But then I realized that I had gotten confused.  Anyway, that section isn't inside, I don't think. There are lux boxes behind them, but they have their own seats.  They are outside.

By the way, everything else i said goes for 307, too.   ;)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #23: June 27, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »

Thanks for any help!

have you tried stubhub?

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #24: June 27, 2012, 04:28:49 PM »
have you tried stubhub?

That was an old question. Bumped it for a new question at Reply #19.