Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118721 times)

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
Re: Define Natitude: #VoteBill
« Reply #2075: February 12, 2013, 06:52:21 AM »
I think that's the pattern for lo's afgan

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #2076: February 12, 2013, 07:37:07 AM »
Is it possible the organization isn't reaching out to them?   When I think of large companies in this area, I think of government contracts, etc.   Maybe I'm a different fan demographic but they could give away Miller Lite steins every night and I wouldn't drink Miller Lite.  :)   I agree with you though  ....  the kids (mine did anyway) love bobble heads, towels, hats, etc.

As a government contractor, these corporations don't advertise much. The business model is to respond to a gov't RFP and win the contract. Advertising and corporate sponsorships won't help win an RFP. Also, on a federal contract, the profit amount is limited and there isn't the millions lying around to sponsor a stadium.

Agree with you on Miller Lite. Blecchhh. But the masses lap it up; it's truly a horrible product.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2077: February 16, 2013, 12:48:13 PM »
From Luis, pretty frickin bueno:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Define Natitude
« Reply #2078: March 16, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »
Quote from: AlyssaWolice
‏@awolice Screech just nailed a half court shot, backwards. #Nationals #Wizards

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Googling up applicable images...

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
This thread is impenetrable. It rambles like a pre-schooler. What the hell is it about anyway?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
This thread is impenetrable. It rambles like a pre-schooler. What the hell is it about anyway?

Natitude is like the sunshine squad, except without the stick up your ass.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

PB  ...   this is my laugh for the morning.   Time for my run.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Funny. :)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

:rofl:

But I still don't understand what all this rambling is about.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
probably should have a "2013 Natitude - Define it" thread to separate it from last year's natitude.  Natitude evolves over time, like e.coli and multi-drug resistant bugs.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
probably should have a "2013 Natitude - Define it" thread to separate it from last year's natitude.  Natitude evolves over time, like e.coli and multi-drug resistant bugs.

I'd be happy to start a new thread unless someone else wants to take over. Lots of pressure with this gig, making sure that the subject line always matches the mood of the moment.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Would anyone be interested in a beer garden in Tysons to hang out and watch Nats games?  Sounds good to me, but the Tysons crowd generally goes with the more trendier (uptight) bar scene.

Temporary Concept That Has Sticking Power
April 4, 2013By Tysons Engineer

Lerner Tysons Metro site is not likely to be developed for a few years but sits at a prime location, click to enlarge
There has been a lot of discussion, and perhaps even partial agreement on the part of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, that interim construction and pop up retail would be a good fit for properties adjacent to Tysons Metro Stations until which time more permanent construction replaces it. There are a myriad of concepts that could work in Tysons, but one could be a perfect fit that could be great even if it lasted for several years.

Lerner Properties has been on hold with their Tysons development plans since they perceived the commercial real estate market had cooled in Tysons in 2011. After having excavated the property which encompasses 1775 Tysons Boulevard, they have sat idle for nearly two years. What many people might not know is that Lerner also owns the property directly adjacent to the Tysons Metro Station, currently an asphalt lot used for temporary parking of Silver Line construction workers.

This property has direct connection to the new metro station, and will stand as an eyesore until it is filled in with Lerner’s plans for a new hotel and residential tower, but there is a concept that might make this stop a destination, an amenity for residents and commuters, and create a true marketable product for Lerner.

Anyone who has been to National’s Stadium has likely noticed the carnival atmosphere surrounding the stadium at the Fairgrounds. The problem is a lot of Northern Virginian’s, many of whom work in Tysons, aren’t able to make it to the stadium on weekday nights to watch a game. Even with the silver line, some in Herndon or Ashburn would face a 90 minute drive or rail trip to a game, meaning they will have to leave work around 4pm to go to a game at 7pm. That’s not including any time to enjoy the atmosphere. Why not provide a Bullpen to the Fairgrounds that can bring in more Nats fans, provide a civic atmosphere in Tysons for residents and workers, and fill in a hole that in 6 months will serve no purpose.

Providing concessions, games, and seating to watch Nats games on a big screen is exactly what Tysons needs to create a sense of place in our community. Everyone wins. Food trucks will have a good location for evening service in Tysons, Lerner will gain funds from a currently unused property, residents get something to do when they come home from work, commuters can wait out the traffic while enjoying a Nats game.

http://thetysonscorner.com/temporary-concept-that-has-sticking-power/

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
:rofl:

But I still don't understand what all this rambling is about.

PB's alternative to seeing a shrink

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
PB - it's your ever-changing subject line that keeps this an up-to-the-minute state of Natstown our mindset mirror.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
PB - it's your ever-changing subject line that keeps this an up-to-the-minute state of Natstown our mindset mirror.

In that case, I'd just keep the original thread going, Natitude is not defined based on time or space.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
So you are saying Natitude is like Margaritaville?

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
This thread was about trolling the Lerners and the Nats.  Go to page 1 to get the general flavor of most of the thread.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
This thread was about trolling the Lerners and the Nats.  Go to page 1 to get the general flavor of most of the thread.
This thread is the reason for the continued vigilance of the Sunshine Squad.

Our enemy lurks in the dark waiting for their day to again rise. We must stand ready for that fateful day to come.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Money.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
This thread is the reason for the continued vigilance of the Sunshine Squad.

Our enemy lurks in the dark waiting for their day to again rise. We must stand ready for that fateful day to come.

The LOD has temporarily relocated to a Yankees board

Offline HalfSmokes

The LOD has temporarily relocated to a Yankees board

If 17 years from now,  harper is a shell and Storen has announced it'll be his last season after a run that included 5 rings,  I'll be fine with a few years of suck

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
If 17 years from now,  harper is a shell and Storen has announced it'll be his last season after a run that included 5 rings,  I'll be fine with a few years of suck

Why would people think the LOD wanted the Nats to lose?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

This actually seems to be the opposite of what you think it means.  It's the LOD types who possess the sour outlooks, who would seemingly have the rhetorical ass sticks causing their faces to contort in displeasure. 

SSS are much more sanguine regarding the future.  Calm, pleasant smiles all around.    :)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
This actually seems to be the opposite of what you think it means.  It's the LOD types who possess the sour outlooks, who would seemingly have the rhetorical ass sticks causing their faces to contort in displeasure. 

SSS are much more sanguine regarding the future.  Calm, pleasant smiles all around.    :)

Except, of course, the main "leader" of SSS.