Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 31500 times)

Offline KyleScha

I just had a deja voo reading your posts haha

Offline sportsfan882

Quote from: "KyleScha"

You think Ramon should still be out there right now??!!

Offline nats2playoffs

Look on the bright side - Ryan Howard did NOT hit his 59th home run.  

Offline PC

Quote from: "PC"
Speaking of Rookies of the Year, Alexander Ovechkin is supposed to throw out the first pitch tomorrow, according to the Caps website.

I wonder if he'll throw it to our Rookie of the Year????

Offline KyleScha

How the phillies only have 2 runs is beyond me...

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
Quote from: "Nats19"
We need a drinking game for the Nats. Every time the Nats leave a runner in scoring position, you take a shot. Every time they commit an error, you take a shot. And finally, every time FR brings in FR, you take 2 shots.

(Image removed from quote.)
2k6nats, another nice avatar.  You are our contact to see if the Nationals keep the Vermont Lake MONSTERS.  Gotta get some shirts, in case they change the name on me.

I can do that......although the Monsters are all but unaffiliated with the Nats.

Offline sportsfan882

unbelievable.. we are in the good side of luck for a change. if ramon hits for himself, i will...

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Quote from: "sportsfan882"

Would you rather wear out the bullpen?  It's not like it matters whether we win anymore games or not.

Offline sportsfan882

Does anyone else really think Ramon should be hitting for himself right now??  I think this shows how much Frank doesn't give a $hit about this game.

Offline KyleScha

Pleaseeeee no more Ramon

Offline sportsfan882

Quote from: "The Chief"

Would you rather wear out the bullpen?  It's not like it matters whether we win anymore games or not.

It damn well matters to the Phillies and the Dodgers and every other team in the NL playoffs

Offline PC

You could also make the argument that we need to see more of the younger pitcher to make a judgement about them.

...but there certainly was no reason to have him batting right there!  Now you're stuck with him for another inning in a one-run game in which he's been rocked!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

Speak for yourself.

The most important thing, however, is Zimmerman winning ROY!

Offline sportsfan882

10 hits allowed in 5 innings is good??? That is LUCK, it is only a matter of time before the Phils start to rake in the runs while Ramon is on the mound.  Why he just hit for himself is beyond me

Offline UMDNats

How are we still winning?

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "PC"

You could also make the argument that we need to see more of the younger pitcher to make a judgement about them.
...but there certainly was no reason to have him batting right there!  Now you're stuck with him for another inning in a one-run game in which he's been rocked!

Ortiz is at 93 pitches, so it's pretty bizarre, even for Frank, that he batted for himself.  What ya doin' Frank?  Take your meds today?
Castro gets a nice hit! But he's OUT!

Offline sportsfan882

Soriano is iceee cold

Offline The Chief

Obviously it matters to the Phillies, all I'm saying is that with the game already in progress, we might as well try to get six out of Ramon instead of wearing out the bullpen and making them useless for the next two nights.

Offline PC

Does Frank even follow pitch counts?  If Ortiz's pitch count is 93, there's no chance that he goes beyond this inning, at most.  Why would you have him bat??????

Offline sportsfan882

Obviously it matters to the Phillies, all I'm saying is that with the game already in progress, we might as well try to get six out of Ramon instead of wearing out the bullpen and making them useless for the next two nights.

4 innings out the bullpen makes them useless for the next two nights?? How many guys do we have in the pen right now, 7-8?

Offline PC

Good play, Jose.

Offline The Chief

QUALITY START FOR RAMON ORTIZ!!!

:rofl:

Offline PC

Getting that 20th homerun would cement Ryan ROY credentials!!!

Offline The Chief

Seriously, I worry about your blood pressure Sportsfan ;)

Offline sportsfan882

Nice D that inning..  Well, Ramon pitched poorly but he only gave up 2 er in 6 innings.  Pretty remarkable, good job...gulp...ramon