Author Topic: Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP  (Read 5174 times)

Nats Bruin

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #25: October 09, 2006, 12:38:53 PM »
" can't find too many other NHL teams who show all their games on TV either.

:lol:
There are several

Offline bob2274

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #26: October 09, 2006, 10:20:22 PM »
Okay, well besides the NY/NJ teams that share markets and show some of each others' games, I know that NESN shows all Bruins games and FSN Pittsburgh shows the Penguins. I believe the Flyers have all games on TV unless you get DirecTV and can't see any CSN (Philly) games. I believe Detroit shows all their games on FSN Detroit and CW Detroit. The Canadian teams out west show most games on cable, but the rest of the games are only available on pay-per-view for ten bucks a game.
There are lots of teams however, that don't. The Hurricanes have "no TV" for several games, as well as the Thrashers, Blue Jackets, Wild, Sabres, and Predators to name a few. The owner of the Blackhawks doesn't want to even show any home games, although it looks like they are relucantly showing a few HD games on Comcast SportsNet this season.
All I'm saying is that it would be easy for Ted to use ticket sales as an excuse to not show all the games on TV. He isn't.

Nats Bruin

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #27: October 10, 2006, 06:43:21 AM »
Quote from: "bob2274"
Okay, well besides the NY/NJ teams that share markets and show some of each others' games, I know that NESN shows all Bruins games and FSN Pittsburgh shows the Penguins. I believe the Flyers have all games on TV unless you get DirecTV and can't see any CSN (Philly) games. I believe Detroit shows all their games on FSN Detroit and CW Detroit. The Canadian teams out west show most games on cable, but the rest of the games are only available on pay-per-view for ten bucks a game.
There are lots of teams however, that don't. The Hurricanes have "no TV" for several games, as well as the Thrashers, Blue Jackets, Wild, Sabres, and Predators to name a few. The owner of the Blackhawks doesn't want to even show any home games, although it looks like they are relucantly showing a few HD games on Comcast SportsNet this season.
All I'm saying is that it would be easy for Ted to use ticket sales as an excuse to not show all the games on TV. He isn't.

The true hockey towns do. There are too many teams in the NHL and the elimination of some of the non-hockey markets.....will improve the product on the ice. Ted doesn't have any excuses....just too many "plans". One of these days....one of them are going to come through.

Offline bob2274

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #28: October 10, 2006, 10:56:30 PM »
Quote from: "Nats Bruin"
The true hockey towns do.

Buffalo and St. Paul aren't true hockey towns? They don't show all of their games on TV.

All I'm saying here is that being in a "football town", it's nice that our team's owner believes in showing all the games on TV. It would be very easy for Ted to say that not all games should be on TV since comparable markets to the south of us don't show every game.

Nats Bruin

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #29: October 11, 2006, 07:05:46 AM »
Its GREAT of Steady Teddy to put the games on TV.
He's great...I mean he's in the Washington Sports
Alliance Hall of Champions (or some such nonsense).
 :lol:  :lol:

Offline UMDNats

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #30: October 11, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »
I'd rather had a Ted Leonsis than whoever the Bruins have.
Or Dan Synder for that matter.

Nats Bruin

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #31: October 12, 2006, 08:17:10 AM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
I'd rather had a Ted Leonsis than whoever the Bruins have.
Or Dan Synder for that matter.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
You can't come up with a reason either eh?

Jeremy Jacobs or anybody in the family
has nothing to do with the Washington Sports Alliance
Hall of Champions.

As far as Dan Snyder....I don't like the man either....
never mind.....lemme know if you come up with a
reason for our Hall of Champion inductee
 :lol:

Offline UMDNats

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #32: October 12, 2006, 04:21:33 PM »
I'm not agreeing with being the Washington Hall of Champions, I never said that, I'm just saying I like him as an owner and am happy the Caps have him.

Nats Bruin

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #33: October 13, 2006, 09:36:34 AM »
I'm not agreeing with being the Washington Hall of Champions, I never said that, I'm just saying I like him as an owner and am happy the Caps have him.

In comparison to Abe....I agree but I'm not impressed with
what he's done with the product on the ice. Sure, he is there
to shake hands with me on the concourse (yipeee) or answer
my e-mail complaint with short one/two word responses, but
again, compared to Abe.....

I'm afraid when he takes over the Bullets and has BOTH
teams on his plate.....Washington will be in the same boat
they were in before. The Bullets will be the revenue generator
and the Caps will suffer...... :(

Offline bob2274

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #34: October 14, 2006, 10:21:25 PM »
I'd hate to see what people would say if all the games WEREN'T on TV. Also, can anyone name any team in any sport where single game tickets can be bought directly from the team on-line without having to go through Ticketmaster or Tickets.com? Hmmmmmmm?
Watching the game tonight on TV, I saw lower level sections that looked empty. Let's face it...we are the Atlanta Braves of hockey. People just can't be bothered with going to games. People want to bag on places like Nashville, but as I'm watching the game against Phoenix, the place looks pretty full to me. Anyway, how is the owner of a team whose fans can't be bothered to show up expected to spend right up to the salary cap when other teams have so much more support?
While I'm on this rant, I'll point out that when the Caps are on the road, paople pack the buildings to see Ovechkin on the ice. Why can't we?

Nats Bruin

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #35: October 16, 2006, 07:44:48 AM »
We are Caps Community not Caps Nation!

"We're a tough team to play against.....!"
 :roll:  :roll:

Nats Bruin

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #36: October 16, 2006, 09:46:40 AM »

Interesting article in this weeks hockey news:

What have you done for us lately Teddy Bear????

On YOUR watch, our team hasn't won a playoff series.

You are paying half the salary for the 2nd highest scorer in the NHL last season.

You're charging NHL prices to watch a team with mostly AHL talent

Your radio deal is so bad, nobody can tune in our games because they can't get a signal after dark in the local area. Fans turn to WFAN (New York) and WBZ (Boston) to hear NHL coverage.

Attendance is horrible and atmosphere in the building makes it seem like a road game for our boys.

Yet, we love you more than Dan Snyder  :roll:

"We're a hard team to play against......"
- Capitals Owner Ted Leonsis

Offline UMDNats

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #37: October 16, 2006, 04:44:06 PM »
I'd rather have a team with an optimistic owner who stays (now) out of the hockey decisions than an a-hole owner in Snyder that tries to buy a SB. At least Ted knows you NEED the draft.

Nats Bruin

Teddy Bear Leonsis in WP
« Reply #38: October 17, 2006, 07:17:02 AM »
I'd rather have a team with an optimistic owner who stays (now) out of the hockey decisions than an a-hole owner in Snyder that tries to buy a SB. At least Ted knows you NEED the draft.

Two different philosophis....producing the same result.

If Ted is intent on using the draft....I suggest he consider firing the
scouting staff thats been there (Ross Mahoney) forever and get
some better talent evaluators. The Caps don't have a very good draft
history. O I know, Ovechkin...but to be truthful, Tony Kornheiser could
have made that pick...or even Stevie Wonder..... :lol:  :lol: