Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1  (Read 27976 times)

Offline natsfan4evr

Re: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1
« Reply #425: August 25, 2009, 11:02:38 PM »
so I'm assuming that we are actually playing the Pirates and not the Cubs.

cause everyone knows that it is utterly impossible for the Nats to play well against teams that are not the worst in baseball.
Between this and his call for Willingham to go into a never ending nose dive, SF hasn't had a great 36 hours.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #426: August 25, 2009, 11:03:28 PM »
If we can get one more in Chicago or St. Louis, we'll have a shot in San Diego.
1 more the rest of the week? :?

Forgot we were even going to San Diego. that shouldn't count.

I want a winning record in the 6 games against the Cubs and Cards.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #427: August 25, 2009, 11:03:38 PM »
Somebody remind me to find a fairy smiley for SF's odds fairies.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #428: August 25, 2009, 11:05:06 PM »
Between this and his call for Willingham to go into a never ending nose dive, SF hasn't had a great 36 hours.
here you go again. every time the offense has a great game you claim the "offense is fixed" only for them to go on a massive cold streak over the following week+ of games. :lmao:

I want to see consistency. do it again tomorrow and the next day and the next day, etc.

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #429: August 25, 2009, 11:05:22 PM »
BANG ZOOM BABYYYYYYYYYYYY~!!!

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #430: August 25, 2009, 11:05:56 PM »
1 more the rest of the week? :?

Forgot we were even going to San Diego. that shouldn't count.

I want a winning record in the 6 games against the Cubs and Cards.
Well...yeah, we all do.  Why wouldn't the San Diego games count?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #431: August 25, 2009, 11:06:02 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)
spider beat me, took too long to copy and paste on the iPhone.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #432: August 25, 2009, 11:07:18 PM »
BANG!!!! ..............ZOOM!!!

NATIONALS WIN A LAUGHER!!!!!

ANOTHER CURLY W!!!!!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #433: August 25, 2009, 11:07:32 PM »
Well...yeah, we all do.  Why wouldn't the San Diego games count?
they are a team we should beat (I know they pwned us in our park earlier this year).

JMad brought up beating good teams. If we go 4-2 or better this week on the road against two teams over .500 I will be stunned. that should be the goal.

Offline d_mc_nabb

« Reply #434: August 25, 2009, 11:09:34 PM »
There goes the YNOT  :D I hope.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #435: August 25, 2009, 11:10:43 PM »
good for Dukes.

I'm sure he gets all kinds of nasty stuff yelled at him by fans in the OF, especially at a place like Wrigley.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #436: August 25, 2009, 11:11:36 PM »
Debbi Taylor is terrible. Dukes gave one of the better interviews of the year and she acted like she wasn't even paying attention.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #437: August 25, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »
good for Dukes.

I'm sure he gets all kinds of nasty stuff yelled at him by fans in the OF, especially at a place like Wrigley.

huh?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #438: August 25, 2009, 11:13:13 PM »
they are a team we should beat (I know they pwned us in our park earlier this year).

JMad brought up beating good teams. If we go 4-2 or better this week on the road against two teams over .500 I will be stunned. that should be the goal.
I'm glad we've started beating the bad teams, we weren't even doing that early in the year and we've been doing that lately.  That was step 1.  Now the next step is to stop getting blown out against good teams, which isn't happening quite as much as in the past, then we need to start beating them.  I'm not expecting to go 4-2 vs. the Cubs and Cards, but this is a good start. 

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #439: August 25, 2009, 11:13:46 PM »
what did Dukes say?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #440: August 25, 2009, 11:15:53 PM »
what did Dukes say?
That he appreciates the fans being hard on him and it keeps him from being flat footed.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #441: August 25, 2009, 11:16:32 PM »
I'm glad we've started beating the bad teams, we weren't even doing that early in the year and we've been doing that lately.  That was step 1.  Now the next step is to stop getting blown out against good teams, which isn't happening quite as much as in the past, then we need to start beating them.  I'm not expecting to go 4-2 vs. the Cubs and Cards, but this is a good start. 

exactly.

I just find it funny that people are saying that there has been absolutely no improvement from the first half to now, and using the fact that we aren't beating the Cardinals and Dodgers of the world as evidence of no improvement.  the first half and 2nd half records speak for themselves. we aren't a good or great team yet, but we are moving in the right direction finally.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #442: August 25, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »
here you go again. every time the offense has a great game you claim the "offense is fixed" only for them to go on a massive cold streak over the following week+ of games. :lmao:

I want to see consistency. do it again tomorrow and the next day and the next day, etc.

there is not a team in all of baseball that puts up 6 runs EVERY game. every team runs into little streaks where they only score 2-3 runs a game.

the difference between them and us is that they have pitching to pick up the slack and we don't. we need to score 6-7 runs a game, because our starting pitching sucks. the good/great teams can win when their offense only scores 2 runs. we can't.

bottom line, we've got a good offense. not a great offense, not a perfect offense, but a good one. offense is NOT our problem, not by a long shot. anyone who thinks so is delusional.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #443: August 25, 2009, 11:20:45 PM »
Nice. 19-20 under Riggleman now. This team is still trying to catch the Royals...come on guys!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #444: August 25, 2009, 11:20:49 PM »
Debbi Taylor is terrible. Dukes gave one of the better interviews of the year and she acted like she wasn't even paying attention.
she has to go in the off-season.

huh?
Debbi: you haven't faced Aaron Heilman before, what was your approach?
Dukes: I was looking off-speed. I was going up there with the intent to drive the off-speed pitch the other way.

Debbi: you have 21 RBIs in your last 19 games. situational hitting is something you have really improved on. why is that?
Dukes: I want to be that guy. I like to be up there with guys on base. It's not much pressure on me, it's more pressure on the pitcher to keep the runners from scoring.

Debbi: How did the fans treat you out in RF?
Dukes: oh, they good. they sort of respect me after a while. they were just telling me that it was all out of love. I appreciate that but without the fans getting on me I'd probably be flat-footed all game.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #445: August 25, 2009, 11:21:30 PM »
Can everyone stop crapping on Willingham? He's always been a good player, he's hitting his prime and becoming a great one. Every batter runs hot and cold, but he is a serious slugger and deserves a bit of respect.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #446: August 25, 2009, 11:24:18 PM »
Nice. 19-20 under Riggleman now. This team is still trying to catch the Royals...come on guys!
Yeah, but Greinke had a great game tonight and they finally won a game.  He tied the franchise record for K's in a game.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #447: August 25, 2009, 11:25:07 PM »
Can everyone stop crapping on Willingham? He's always been a good player, he's hitting his prime and becoming a great one. Every batter runs hot and cold, but he is a serious slugger and deserves a bit of respect.

Willingham has been a very pleasant surprise. acquiring him for nothing is one of the few truly great things that Jim Bowden accomplished.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #448: August 25, 2009, 11:26:59 PM »
Yeah, but Greinke had a great game tonight and they finally won a game.  He tied the franchise record for K's in a game.

That's ok. At least we didn't lose any ground. We just went out and beat Zambrano silly and Mock pitched decently enough. If Lannan gets his crap together and/or the offense keeps this up we should be able to tie them very soon.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #449: August 25, 2009, 11:43:59 PM »
one of my most favorite wins of the year!