Author Topic: Bill Rhinehart wins MILB hitter of the week for the South Atlantic League  (Read 6250 times)

Offline blue911

C'MON!!!!!!!  What does this guy need to do?

He's not going to displace Marrero. He isn't going to jump from low A to AA. It looks like he needs to be traded.

Offline Skinz72

• Say hello to the DL-inator!!
He's not going to displace Marrero. He isn't going to jump from low A to AA. It looks like he needs to be traded.

Correct.  The front office and scouting department has determined that Bill "Needs to be More First Basey".  The other problem with Bill, the front office has concluded, is that "He is not Chris Marrero-y enough, either".

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
We are stacked at 1B:

Marrero
Rhinehart
Jimenz
Broadway?

Offline Burgess

• K MONSTER!
Why trade Rhinehart? Yes, we have Marrero in front of him but you have to challenge Rhinehart whatsoever. The obvious solution its to either release or trade Broadway (NOT IN OUR PLANS ANYMORE)  and promote Jimenez to AAA, Rhinehart to AA because Marrero isn't ready for AA and by the time he will be, Rhinehart could be promoted.

MrMadison

Rhinehart should be jumped to AA. promote Jiminez or LeFave to Columbus and get rid of Broadway.

Rhinehart is way too old for Hagerstown, he is what 23 right?

Marrerro can stay in Potomac, he's like 19.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
Why trade Rhinehart? Yes, we have Marrero in front of him but you have to challenge Rhinehart whatsoever. The obvious solution its to either release or trade Broadway (NOT IN OUR PLANS ANYMORE)  and promote Jimenez to AAA, Rhinehart to AA because Marrero isn't ready for AA and by the time he will be, Rhinehart could be promoted.
If we can get the proper value or trade him for a team that is stacked at say SS why not?

Offline Skinz72

If we can get the proper value or trade him for a team that is stacked at say SS why not?

I doubt we could get very much for Broadway - he's no more than a AAAA player at best.  Spot duty on a MLB roster is a pipe dream for him right now.  Maybe trade for a draft pick?  Maybe somewhere in the 8-12 round range?

Regardless, moving Broadway is the key to promoting Lafavre, Jiminez, Rhinehart.  And it needs to be done. Soon.

Offline mikehughes

I doubt we could get very much for Broadway - he's no more than a AAAA player at best.  Spot duty on a MLB roster is a pipe dream for him right now.  Maybe trade for a draft pick?  Maybe somewhere in the 8-12 round range?

Regardless, moving Broadway is the key to promoting Lafavre, Jiminez, Rhinehart.  And it needs to be done. Soon.

Not positive but im pretty sure in the MLB you cant trade draft picks

Offline UMDNats

You can't trade draft picks in the MLB.

Offline Skinz72

You can't trade draft picks in the MLB.

Absolutely correct - I forgot.  That would be about as logical as trading a player for some bats.  Wait a minute...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/05/23/minor.leaguer.traded.bats.ap/index.html?eref=si_topstories

Offline Skinz72

Bill looks like he may be emerging from his recent slump.  Double header yesterday went total 3 for 7 with 2 runs and 2 HR's with 5 RBI's.  He is .309 AVG / 56RBI's / 9 HR's /.516% SLG for the season. 

Offline Paris

Rhinehart started at 1st base with the Potomac last night and hit a two run homer in the 3rd inning.  There was no doubt from the fist crack of the bat as the ball just wistled off into the dark woods over the fence behind center right.

Offline PennSkinsFan

• DC Pro Sports Report
Dude is hitting .381 in POT.  Outstanding. 

Offline Skinz72

Bill's been bumped up to AA Harrisburg after just 5 or so games in Potomac, which is probably the best place for him right now, developmentally speaking.  I saw somewhere that Luis Jimenez is listed at the DH - ouch!!  Broadway is still in Columbus, biding his time before his eventual reassignment or release.  I think our friend Bill is on the fast track...

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
From browsing the recent games on NFA, it seems like Rhinehart's been performing pretty well at AA. I wouldn't mind seeing him in September if he keeps it up.

MrMadison

Bill's been bumped up to AA Harrisburg after just 5 or so games in Potomac, which is probably the best place for him right now, developmentally speaking.  I saw somewhere that Luis Jimenez is listed at the DH - ouch!!  Broadway is still in Columbus, biding his time before his eventual reassignment or release.  I think our friend Bill is on the fast track...

a fast track that has likely been kicked into overdrive by Nick Johnson's annual DL vacation, and Chris Marrero's injury.

Offline Skinz72

I think he's proving that he's a really, really good hitter.  When I say good, I'm not talking about making contact with a flying object hurling through the air like a penata.  He knows what pitch to hit, he knows where to hit in the field, and he knows when to swing.  He's got very good hitting instincts.  I'd like to see Bill hit a homer or two this weekend...he's due for a couple.

As good as Rhinehart is doing, Leonard Davis is doing event better so far.  Baez has been hiitng well below his average since the promotion - I wonder what the problem is.   

Offline Skinz72

I'd like to see Bill hit a homer or two this weekend...he's due for a couple.

The day after I posted this Rhinehart hit his first HR for a grand slam for Harrisburg - batting in 4 RBI's.  Can I call them, or what?!  There's still three more days in the Independance Day holiday.  Bet you he hits at least one more HR and collects at least 5 RBI's over the next 3 games.

Offline hammondsnats

This guy is seriously something special.  He has never let the fact that Nick Johnson, Chris Marrero (and even Larry Broadway) deter his progress in the minors.  I don't know the estimated projected arrival to the bigs for BH, but he has made a name for himself and growing fanbase along the way.

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
10 RBIs in his first four games at Harrisburg. Keep it up man.

Offline Dave B

Can we just bring him up to the Majors now. Dmitri and Boone are hurt.  Bring him up maybe he gets lucky for a week then returns to earth. Then put the old bums back in

Offline Skinz72

Dave B - normally I would hesitate to promote a player so quickly, but Bill has taken so well to new environments and does not seem detered no matter where he is, nor the level of competition (so far).  Due to our teams circumstances, I would move Big Bill to the 40 Man Roster around mid-August, place Young on the 15 day DL (name your injury) and give Bill a taste of the majors for a two week period - maybe longer depending on his performace.  Start him at 1st, and see what kind of damage he can do.  Then in '09, place Bill on the 40 Man and start him in Columbus and dump/reassign Larry Broadway (BTW - what IS this guy still doing here? Keeping 1B warm?). 

I don't see much detering Bill and firmly believe he will be playing in D.C, if not this year, certainly next year.  If he continues his offensive trends, he will be starting in 2010.

Offline ronnynat

Rhinehart hits a double in this video (he bats around 1:15). He has a pretty cool batting stance and a nice swing.

Offline blue911

The left-handed Tony Batista!

Offline First Base Lady

And you won't find a nicer, more humble kid in the Nationals system.  I talked to him after his grand slam the other day and he was as casual as they come.  I can't wait to get the phone call that he has been called up.  I will be on the first plane to DC to see him play.  It will be worth whatever the plane trip costs.