Author Topic: You can just feel it. This is where.....  (Read 8351 times)

Online aspenbubba

Re: You can just feel it. This is where.....
« Reply #150: May 25, 2011, 08:49:38 AM »
You can just feel it.  This is where the first long losing streak of the season begins.  I expect the Nats to be swept in Milwaukee and probably by San Diego when they return home next weekend.  By the time the Padres leave town the Nats will be at least 8 games under .500, but probably 10.
Maybe too early to have Gleason replace my stockbroker but it isn't looking good. If you check the stats in Syracuse and Harrisburg we really don't have any position players poised for a brief call up. Rizzo needs to make a trade  and I wouldn't mind Detwiler being the departing player. He is doing Jack in 'cuse.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #151: May 25, 2011, 09:03:34 AM »
How the hell did we lose last night?

We had a grand slam, an RBI hit by our pitcher, a quality start by our SP, and their best player got ejected early in the game.

Only the Nats would lose a game despite all that :bang:

Offline ProudNationalsFan

« Reply #152: May 25, 2011, 10:49:44 AM »
I tend to be a sunshiner, but even I'll admit. We should have won last night, that's just not acceptable.

Offline PC

« Reply #153: May 25, 2011, 04:02:07 PM »
I KNOW you feel it now!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #154: May 25, 2011, 04:05:46 PM »
I KNOW you feel it now!!!
freak that man. We'll be fine, we just need to catch a few good breaks and pray that some hits start falling in. The Nats will turn it around very soon.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #155: May 25, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
This is the end. My only friend, the end.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #156: May 25, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »
How long until we are 20 games under .500? By July 4th?

This team is boring and bad. Every year goes exactly the same. We've had the same team for 7 straight years now essentially. Choking bastards every year.

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #157: May 25, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
Surprising to see the Nats are already in mid-season form.

I expect Stairs gone by All-Star break. We'll have to suffer Wriggleman until October.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #158: May 25, 2011, 04:34:39 PM »
freak that man. We'll be fine, we just need to catch a few good breaks and pray that some hits start falling in. The Nats will turn it around very soon.

The problem is that the baseballs need to get their eyes checked because our hitters are smoking the ball but the freakers aren't finding the holes. The baseballs need contacts.  :hang:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #159: May 25, 2011, 04:39:58 PM »
Surprising to see the Nats are already in mid-season form.

I expect Stairs gone by All-Star break. We'll have to suffer Wriggleman until October.

The fact that he'll last that long says it all.

The only organization that accepts failure as much as the Nats do is the Pirates.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #160: May 25, 2011, 05:48:38 PM »
The fact that he'll last that long says it all.

The only organization that accepts failure as much as the Nats do is the Pirates.

Drew Butera has a -17 OPS+

Offline blue911

« Reply #161: May 25, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
Drew Butera has a -17 OPS+

His daddy had a -23 OPS+ when he played for the Expos.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #162: May 25, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
-23 OPS+ or -17 OPS+ just sounds stupid.  Why don't they just list it as 23 OPS- and 17 OPS-

Offline blue911

« Reply #163: May 25, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »
-23 OPS+ or -17 OPS+ just sounds stupid.  Why don't they just list it as 23 OPS- and 17 OPS-

OPS+ is an adjusted stat. OPS- is a LaRoche stat.

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
« Reply #164: May 25, 2011, 07:25:02 PM »
i feel bad for stras

Offline Coladar

« Reply #165: May 26, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »
How long until we are 20 games under .500? By July 4th?

This team is boring and bad. Every year goes exactly the same. We've had the same team for 7 straight years now essentially. Choking bastards every year.

I have to disagree. This isn't the same old same old. This is the most unwatchable, worst team we have ever fielded. The pitching is what it is. Aside from that, this team is just atrocious. By far the worst in our history, every night the lineup competes with the worst lineups in the history of the team. And we've had some stinkers for lineups.

Further, there really aren't any players, that I at least, feel like I can get behind, root for, enjoy watching, whatever. Part of it is their offense, or lack thereof. But we don't have guys like Johnson, Wilkerson, etc. Guys you like, guys that are awesome people, guys that are fun and entertaining to watch. This team is full of boring, awful offensive, so-so defensive, unentertaining bores. Our record is an out and out miracle, that we actually are having one of our better years record wise. But when it comes to watching the games, sitting three hours every night... This team is by far the worst ever in Nats history. By far. Every season since 05 I've gone to at least 60 games a year. This year I have been to two. Saying this team is the same old same old is an insult to our 100 loss seasons, even if we only lose 90 this year. This team is just beyond bad, from offensive to a lack of personalities. Werth might be close to Dunn output wise, but as far as rooting factor or fan favorite? Werth isn't even close. No one is a huge fan of Werth the way they were Dunn. He might be a decent ballplayer, but he doesnt have the personality. That's a huge problem with this team, even if they weren't hitting .230 as a team. Add that in, and they are beyond unwatchable. I never thought I could care so little about a Nats team, about an entire season... But this year... Wow, I just can't stand this team. Which one can tell since I'm not even posting hardly at all anymore, at least in the Clubhouse section. I just can't emphasize how unenjoyable, unentertaining, and bad this team is.

Maybe the worst of all is the lack of caring by the FO. We haven't DFAed a single position player despite the worst offense in baseball. How the freak is that possible? On top of everything I've mentioned, we aren't even changing anything up, giving a reason for hope, or at least a change of scenery to keep us engaged. The fact Stairs is still here is like Rizzo pissing on all of our faces and calling it rain. Hell, we don't even have anyone in AAA to root for, give hope for the future, inspire us, etc. This team is awful from top to bottom. And now they are starting to play like it, and losing games like it, and their record is starting to show it. Just a truly unwatchable team, period.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #166: May 26, 2011, 12:31:03 AM »
I have to disagree. This isn't the same old same old. This is the most unwatchable, worst team we have ever fielded. The pitching is what it is. Aside from that, this team is just atrocious. By far the worst in our history, every night the lineup competes with the worst lineups in the history of the team. And we've had some drinkers for lineups.

Further, there really aren't any players, that I at least, feel like I can get behind, root for, enjoy watching, whatever. Part of it is their offense, or lack thereof. But we don't have guys like Johnson, Wilkerson, etc. Guys you like, guys that are awesome people, guys that are fun and entertaining to watch. This team is full of boring, awful offensive, so-so defensive, unentertaining bores. Our record is an out and out miracle, that we actually are having one of our better years record wise. But when it comes to watching the games, sitting three hours every night... This team is by far the worst ever in Nats history. By far. Every season since 05 I've gone to at least 60 games a year. This year I have been to two. Saying this team is the same old same old is an insult to our 100 loss seasons, even if we only lose 90 this year. This team is just beyond bad, from offensive to a lack of personalities. Werth might be close to Dunn output wise, but as far as rooting factor or fan favorite? Werth isn't even close. No one is a huge fan of Werth the way they were Dunn. He might be a decent ballplayer, but he doesnt have the personality. That's a huge problem with this team, even if they weren't hitting .230 as a team. Add that in, and they are beyond unwatchable. I never thought I could care so little about a Nats team, about an entire season... But this year... Wow, I just can't stand this team. Which one can tell since I'm not even posting hardly at all anymore, at least in the Clubhouse section. I just can't emphasize how unenjoyable, unentertaining, and bad this team is.

Maybe the worst of all is the lack of caring by the FO. We haven't DFAed a single position player despite the worst offense in baseball. How the freak is that possible? On top of everything I've mentioned, we aren't even changing anything up, giving a reason for hope, or at least a change of scenery to keep us engaged. The fact Stairs is still here is like Rizzo pissing on all of our faces and calling it rain. Hell, we don't even have anyone in AAA to root for, give hope for the future, inspire us, etc. This team is awful from top to bottom. And now they are starting to play like it, and losing games like it, and their record is starting to show it. Just a truly unwatchable team, period.
Spot on man.

This team is just miserable. A bunch of low ceiling players who won't be here for more than a year or two. Zimmerman is hurt. Werth looks miserable even if he is a true professional. Our entire team is playing like a group who thought they could compete for .500 in the preseason and all of a sudden have realized it won't happen. They're sort of like the fans.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #167: May 26, 2011, 12:54:23 AM »
the line-up would be better with zimmerman/dunn/werth/willingham.  why couldn't we keep dunn/willingham?  i don't understand that.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #168: May 26, 2011, 01:05:32 AM »
Spot on man.

This team is just miserable. A bunch of low ceiling players who won't be here for more than a year or two. Zimmerman is hurt. Werth looks miserable even if he is a true professional. Our entire team is playing like a group who thought they could compete for .500 in the preseason and all of a sudden have realized it won't happen. They're sort of like the fans.

You guys are sad. Seriously. I'm just as frustrated as the next guy, but you all come off as a bunch of emo douches. Really, if you're that miserable, jump on another team's bandwagon. That fact that people are shocked because we suck is hilarious. At best, I figure this to be a 70-75 win team. Guess what, we are in the neighborhood and will probably be just below that. Surprised? No. I'm frustrated and I want to see changes, but I don't want to see knee jerk reactions because fans are pissed that the actual product is exactly as it was expected to be. Sorry we don't lose flashy enough for you. I guess you like to see panache in our suckdom. Oh well, Espi's not hitting, but he's playing some damn good defense, as expected and Desi has, surprise, tightened up his D considerably.

You know what, freak it. I'm going to keep watching and rooting for this team and when they finally make it to the next level, I'll be celebrating like all hell, even if I am all by myself. Have fun wringing your hands.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #169: May 26, 2011, 01:19:02 AM »

You guys are sad. Seriously. I'm just as frustrated as the next guy, but you all come off as a bunch of emo douches. Really, if you're that miserable, jump on another team's bandwagon. That fact that people are shocked because we suck is hilarious. At best, I figure this to be a 70-75 win team. Guess what, we are in the neighborhood and will probably be just below that. Surprised? No. I'm frustrated and I want to see changes, but I don't want to see knee jerk reactions because fans are pissed that the actual product is exactly as it was expected to be. Sorry we don't lose flashy enough for you. I guess you like to see panache in our suckdom. Oh well, Espi's not hitting, but he's playing some damn good defense, as expected and Desi has, surprise, tightened up his D considerably.

You know what, freak it. I'm going to keep watching and rooting for this team and when they finally make it to the next level, I'll be celebrating like all hell, even if I am all by myself. Have fun wringing your hands.

I've loved rooting for this team no matter how bad they were, or how many losses we had, because they were enjoyable to watch, I loved the team, and it was just what it was. So don't go judging me so harshly because this team is so atrocious. As I said, record wise, we are almost as good as we've ever been at this point in the season. So your comments hardly have merit, because we have been winning up until now.

The problem, as I already said, and you seem to miss or simply ignore is the fact we have no players you can really root for. They're all bores. You don't see any threads about how everyone loves and is rooting for player A. You don't see fans going nuts over a player, or jerseys selling out. Rizzo comprised a roster full of players with no personality. Not the worst thing, and who cares how likable a player is if they are performing. But on top of that, they all, to the very last one, suck. We are the worst offensive team in baseball. Almost everyone is hitting between .180-.220. You've got uninspiring players combined with them performing horribly. Then add the fact we aren't shaking crap up, there's no hope for change, and guys like Matt Stairs not only were signed, not only played, but are still on the team. That's BS.

Bottom line, don't judge me for my opinions like that. I've got a ST I spend $60 every game on. So far I've used all of two of those tickets, and haven't resold a single one of them. So I think I have a right to express how extremely unhappy I am with how unwatchable and unenjoyable this team is, regardless of their record. It's inexcusable the team Rizzo put out there, and the way they are playing. Losing someone like Zimmerman definitely hurt badly the teams watchability, but even that doesn't excuse the roster we've got right now, and how unenjoyable the team is. If you enjoy watching this trainwreck, more power to you. But don't go going nuts and judging others for having to endure this nightmare, particularly after we all stayed with the team no matter how bad they were, or how many games they lost, for six seasons. This was the season things were supposed to change, we spent a truckload of money on Werth. And this is the worst, most unwatchable product we've ever put out there. Add the fact that this was the year things were supposed to start paying off, and yet we keep Matt stairs on the roster because we don't have jack crap in AAA to replace him? If you can't understand why, even if you don't share that opinion, people are beyond fed up and have had it with this godawful season and lineup this year, this probably isn't the right thread for you to be reading, much less posting in.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #170: May 26, 2011, 01:32:52 AM »

Lol, is this crap for real?

Dude, they're attacking a SPORTS TEAM.  Get a grip!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #171: May 26, 2011, 01:33:11 AM »
Coladar, while I agree with most of what you said.... I disagree about the mega bucks for Werth.

Most of his massive contract is just a back fill on payroll that left the team in the offseason. Even with Werth's massive contract, the payroll raised a total of 1% from 2010.

It's all been one big shell game.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #172: May 26, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »
I hate when people try to be almighty on here by comparing the way they root for their team compared to others. Like, I'll still be rooting for this team even when they're down while you're complaining!!! We get it, you'll "handle" this a different way.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #173: May 26, 2011, 01:35:24 AM »
Coladar, while I agree with most of what you said.... I disagree about the mega bucks for Werth.

Most of his massive contract is just a back fill on payroll that left the team in the offseason. Even with Werth's massive contract, the payroll raised a total of 1% from 2010.

It's all been one big shell game.

it's just pathetic.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/baseball/mlb/salaries/team

why does this team constantly have to be in the $50-60 million range?  why the hell can't they go up to 100 like half the league is?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #174: May 26, 2011, 02:06:37 AM »
Why?  He's a millionaire many times over for playing catch for a year.

[/quote]
i feel bad for stras