Author Topic: Lannan Watch  (Read 17462 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Lannan Watch
« Topic Start: April 14, 2012, 02:40:32 AM »
agreed.  he can pitch for a major league team, no problem.  results - in this case - are meaningless.

I still say it's psychological, that he just doesn't think he should be in the minors at this point in his career, thus not trying or putting any real effort into his starts. He was godawful in AA last June. He was getting destroyed, aside from one or two gems, and brought back up only due to desperation on the Nats part. Then he returned to form, and pitched well with a couple stinkers mixed in. So bottom line, even though he's clearly not as bad as it looks when he is in the minors, I don't think having someone who isn't always giving 100% regardless of the legitimacy of the reasons is someone I want to see anywhere near our ML roster.

End result is I'd be willing to bet big time he continues sucking in AAA with a couple decent games mixed in. If he ever gets called up due to injuries, I would likewise bet he'll perform well, with a couple stinkers thrown in. Add that to his demands to be traded and the current level of talent we have at the SP level, do we really want someone like that in the organization, particularly a #4 or 5 SP at best? He's definitely not as bad as this one game indicates, and yeah, it is just three freaking innings. But I think it all adds up to a point where Lannan, if we got ideal output from him based on career numbers, just isn't worth it considering lack of effort and demands to be traded. The guy just ain't that good, and the face he was our ace for quite a while is just sad, but definitely not a source of legitimacy for arguing he's "just too good" to let go so early, based on so little. Lannan has some amazing games mixed in with horrible ones, and his career numbers aren't indicative of just how bad he can be at points due to being balanced out by legitimate ace SP games.

And no, he needs at least a freaking terabyte of memory. 128 for a SP? Wtf are you on? His fastball will be way too slow with only 128gb, come on. A terabyte of ram, and he should be getting 95fps on his fastball, easy. 128gb of memory, come on. Nobody uses that little this day and age, if you don't have at least 256gb, you are in some very serious trouble. I bet with only 128gb, you only have a dual core processor, too. Real men have 16 cores at least, and I hope Lannan has at least 64 cores in his processor. Moar cores, moar RAM!