Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417041 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Well, hello again, WNFFers!  After visiting these boards every once in a while for the past few days, I decided to rejoin.  I see that a lot of the old-timers are still here (The Chief, tomterp, PC, CALSGR8, OldChelsea [who I know from the Capitals message boards], etc....even good ol' sportsfan882!  Looks like he's toned the negativity down a notch...just messin' with you, SF!).  I've only been to the home opener so far this year, and with my family and I living in Fredericksburg now instead of Vienna, it's a bit more of a trek to make it to games.  Doesn't mean I'm any less of a diehard Nats fan, who is pleasantly surprised by the team's great start, and I hope they can keep it up!  So anyway, glad to be back!

Hey Jayman, what you been up to?

I am confused though, how come you only have 2 posts?  Do I know you from the MLB board and not this one? 

Offline Jayman77

Hey terp!  Not too much.  Like I mentioned, I've been lurking here off and on since I deleted my old account a while ago (last season or the season before, I'm not sure).  I decided to rejoin the other day, hence the two posts so far, and it's nice to see a lot of the original posters.  I don't believe I've ever been on the MLB board; the only other message boards I participate in are the unofficial Capitals boards.

Offline SkinsNatFan21RIP

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2002: June 08, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »
Well I'll go ahead and say hello to everybody....

I've been reading this website for years but never considered my baseball knowledge to be anywhere near or on par with most of you guys.  Love the site, I will mostly continue to read but I'll occasionally post.  Just wanted to say I get a lot of laughs from you guys while reading at work, thanks for making the work day a little bit easier.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2003: June 08, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »

I've been reading this website for years but never considered my baseball knowledge to be anywhere near or on par with most of you guys.  Love the site, I will mostly continue to read but I'll occasionally post.  Just wanted to say I get a lot of laughs from you guys while reading at work, thanks for making the work day a little bit easier.

That shouldn't matter.  Just stay within yourself, don't try to BS anyone and you'll be fine.  Don't be shy about asking questions if something is confusing, that's how you learn and benefit from a forum.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #2004: June 08, 2012, 10:37:10 PM »
That shouldn't matter.  Just stay within yourself, don't try to BS anyone and you'll be fine.  Don't be shy about asking questions if something is confusing, that's how you learn and benefit from a forum.

I just thought it was hilarious how we had him (or her) fooled that we all knew what we were talking about :P

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2005: June 08, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »
I just thought it was hilarious how we had him (or her) fooled that we all knew what we were talking about :P

I go onto fancy assed baseball websites, and copy/ paste a lot of stuff.  Bringing you astute analysis since 2005.

:P

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #2006: June 09, 2012, 12:05:04 AM »

Maybe we can start a "dumb questions" thread here, my baseball knowledge is pretty lacking as well and having a place to ask the "silly" or easy questions would be nice :)

Welcome!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2007: June 09, 2012, 12:46:15 AM »
Welcome Jayman (currently visiting Boston)

Hope you have fun here.  HMM.  Sounds like a recruit for the Sunshine Squad!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2008: June 09, 2012, 12:58:17 AM »

Welcome aboard.  :clap:  Make sure you join the game threads whenever you can. The board is even more fun when you contribute to the laughter.  :lol:

Maybe we can start a "dumb questions" thread here, my baseball knowledge is pretty lacking as well and having a place to ask the "silly" or easy questions would be nice :)

Welcome!

Start the thread yourself but don't call it "the dumb or silly question thread". Just call it "baseball for the beginner".

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2009: June 09, 2012, 05:34:03 AM »
Welcome aboard.  :clap:  Make sure you join the game threads whenever you can. The board is even more fun when you contribute to the laughter.  :lol:

Start the thread yourself but don't call it "the dumb or silly question thread". Just call it "baseball for the beginner".

ROOKIE QUESTIONS

Offline Wheat

« Reply #2010: June 12, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »
Hello all. Born in the District, raised in MoCo. Passive baseball fan until D.C. got a team back. Now its an obsession. Like Natitude....loved Natstown.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2011: June 12, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »
Hello all. Born in the District, raised in MoCo. Passive baseball fan until D.C. got a team back. Now its an obsession. Like Natitude....loved Natstown.

Welcome Wheat.  Me too, where in Moco?

Offline JdoubleU

« Reply #2012: June 12, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
Hello to Nats Nation! Frequent games attendee, live a few blocks from the stadium, and my dream of ALL DC sports teams contending may be coming true sooner than I thought...

Offline Wheat

« Reply #2013: June 12, 2012, 02:38:20 PM »
Welcome Wheat.  Me too, where in Moco?

Mont Village till 94. Then College Park at Maryland. Now in Germantown.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2014: June 12, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »
Mont Village till 94. Then College Park at Maryland. Now in Germantown.

Grew up in Bethesda.  Now in Manassas, VA.  Have a friend in Germantown though.  Off Middlebrook Rd.  Not far from the Lancaster Market. mmmmm Lancaster Market  Agggggg (trying to be Homer Simpson)

Offline Wheat

« Reply #2015: June 13, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
Grew up in Bethesda.  Now in Manassas, VA.  Have a friend in Germantown though.  Off Middlebrook Rd.  Not far from the Lancaster Market. mmmmm Lancaster Market  Agggggg (trying to be Homer Simpson)

I'm not far from your friend. Then again, Germantown isn't exactly big.

Offline sloanxavier

• What if there were no hypothetical situations?
« Reply #2016: June 14, 2012, 02:21:39 PM »
Hello all. I have been reading this board for a quite some time and finally decided that I should join. I grew up in Brooklyn and was a Yankee fan for quite a while but since the Nats arrived in Washington, I have a new love! Thanks for having me....

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2017: June 14, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
Hello all. I have been reading this board for a quite some time and finally decided that I should join. I grew up in Brooklyn and was a Yankee fan for quite a while but since the Nats arrived in Washington, I have a new love! Thanks for having me....

Welcome.   You joined us on the appropriate weekend.   :)

Offline sloanxavier

« Reply #2018: June 14, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
Agreed!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2019: June 14, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »
Agreed!

I grew up a Pirates' fan.   First game I went to (purposely) was the Nats and Pirates I believe in May, 2005.    Never looked back   ....

Offline sloanxavier

« Reply #2020: June 14, 2012, 03:32:19 PM »
I've lived her since 1988 so not being able to go to games regularly made the transition somewhat easier...

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #2021: June 19, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »
Hi All!!!! I'm Adam. Moved out here from California due to the needs of the Marine Corps and stayed in the area due to the job market. Life long cubs fan (due to family tradition) but have always been a hometown team guy so I cheer for the Nats now. Went to my first game at Nats park last month and plan on going to many more.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #2022: June 19, 2012, 06:29:08 PM »

After attending Saturday's game and taking in the other 2 on TV, I can say that I am still a rabid Yankees fan, but the Nats have finally edged them out for emotional commitment. Welcome!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2023: June 19, 2012, 06:32:11 PM »
After attending Saturday's game and taking in the other 2 on TV, I can say that I am still a rabid Yankees fan, but the Nats have finally edged them out for emotional commitment. Welcome!

Welcome newbie.   :)

Offline saltydad