Author Topic: Acta fires up Huff  (Read 685 times)

Offline NatsDad14

Acta fires up Huff
« Topic Start: May 15, 2010, 12:33:46 PM »
Indians manager Manny Acta is looking for a little more fire from left-hander David Huff.

After winning a team-high 11 games as a rookie last season, Huff is just 1-5 with a 5.35 ERA after a shaky outing against the Royals on Thursday afternoon. According to the Plain Dealer, Acta met with Huff and stressed a simple formula: throw more fastballs and don't be afraid to challenge hitters.

"He basically lit a fire under my butt," Huff said. "Me and him are on the same page. I'm going to make the adjustment and head in the right direction."

Huff has lost his past four starts, allowing 19 earned runs in 22 innings, so he had no choice but to pay close attention.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors/_/date/20100514

Who knew that Acta could make adjustments to his style. Firing him up is better than tipping his sombrero to him.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Acta fires up Huff
« Reply #1: May 15, 2010, 12:35:04 PM »
When the team is that bad, should they be goofing around lighting farts or doing extra fielding practice? :crazy:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #2: May 15, 2010, 02:26:56 PM »
Acta met with Huff and stressed a simple formula: throw more fastballs and don't be afraid to challenge hitters.

Wat.

Why didn't he say that to someone last year?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #3: May 30, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »
Only the Orioles and Astros have a worse record than Manny's Indians.   He's got a lot of firing up to do.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #4: May 30, 2010, 09:52:06 PM »
Wat.

Why didn't he say that to someone last year?

Joel Hanrahan and Daniel Cabrera.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #5: May 31, 2010, 08:39:01 AM »
http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors/_/date/20100514

Who knew that Acta could make adjustments to his style. Firing him up is better than tipping his sombrero to him.

Sure Acta fired him up in the clubhouse, in a few days when Huff takes the mound again Acta will stand in the dugout stone-faced and watch Huff impload.