Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 3  (Read 22711 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 3
« Reply #25: April 29, 2009, 05:30:29 PM »
Um... that would be 1.000.

swing and a miss.  hey it's been a long day, even i'm allowed to make mistakes.

« Reply #26: April 29, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #27: April 29, 2009, 06:05:48 PM »
Lets go Natinals!

I feel a good performance from Scott is in the works tonight.

I'll be watching from class on my iPod MLB Gameday app.

Absolutely love it!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #28: April 29, 2009, 06:07:50 PM »
Lets go Natinals!

I feel a good performance from Scott is in the works tonight.

I'll be watching from class on my iPod MLB Gameday app.

Absolutely love it!
I know the MLB app gives audio, but do you also get to listen to the audio from the website?  I'm not allowed to carry a cell phone into my work place, but if I bought the app, could I listen to the audio stream from the MLB website as well?  I'll buy the app at $9.99 if that is the case.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #29: April 29, 2009, 06:10:24 PM »
No you don't.

But you can buy the 19.99 Gameday advanced thing they run on their website. It's an enhanced version of what they present and it also gives you the home/away audio streams.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #30: April 29, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
lighten up i'm just joking.  you do excellent work on the forum.

i was just letting the public know, i'm 1-0.  i'm batting 1.000

Yeah, I know you were, it's cool.  However, you have to understand why I'd be a bit touchy about such things, especially after last year's Gameday debacle ;)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #31: April 29, 2009, 06:24:16 PM »
There's no Caps game on tonight so I guess we're all stuck with the Nats.   :|

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #32: April 29, 2009, 06:30:05 PM »
Yeah, I know you were, it's cool.  However, you have to understand why I'd be a bit touchy about such things, especially after last year's Gameday debacle ;)

oh snap, please do tell.  had no idea there was an issue last year.  interesting.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #33: April 29, 2009, 06:33:40 PM »
Willingham is in the lineup like I expected. everything else is the same. good to have Guz back

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #34: April 29, 2009, 06:39:18 PM »
once again trying not to post too much tonight, but i'm sure this is how it will play out in the gameday thread:

>sportsfan types he loves Adam Dunn for getting on base in one of his first two at bats

>:az: comes on and posts get ready for the beast to unleash :az:

>SpiderNat, DCFan or another member of the LAC campaign chimes in and NOTLD quickly shuts them down saying they aren't cheap.  But NOTLD's blog gets another shout out too which is cool.

>sportsfan types he hates Adam Dunn for not getting on base in one of his last two at bats.

>someone posts how well one of our minor leaguers are doing, but of course it's years away until we see that player contribute at the big league level (how long does this plan work anyway).

>spidernat posts a photo of an attractive woman barely clothed, only for chief to say not again.

>i come on in the 7th inning and if we're winning i can see the thread is 15 pages deep with all sorts of levels of excitement or we're losing and i blast the lerners for being cheapies (chief says not again, again), sportsfan wants everyone kicked off the team (except for zimmerman, flores, martis, lannan and nieves) and the fire manny acta thread is 15 pages deeper.

go nats.

7-3 win tonight.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #35: April 29, 2009, 06:55:29 PM »
phil wood with another condescending rant demeaning fans and their lack of intelligence while he defends manny acta

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #36: April 29, 2009, 06:57:26 PM »
phil wood with another condescending rant demeaning fans and their lack of intelligence while he defends manny acta

Did he just make the case for keeping Manny?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #37: April 29, 2009, 06:58:43 PM »

Of course.

He starts it off with commenting on how anyone who played softball at recess thinks they know how to manage MLB teams, but they don't know the first thing about being a manager

MrMadison

« Reply #38: April 29, 2009, 06:58:51 PM »

where is this?

Offline MDoyle

• UMW 2010
« Reply #39: April 29, 2009, 06:59:03 PM »

Well he made the case for not firing him, if that's the same thing.  He'd go be a bench coach for the Mets and would be the next manager.  "Who wants to see that?"

...I wouldn't mind seeing the Mets subjected to his terrible managing.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #40: April 29, 2009, 06:59:26 PM »

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #41: April 29, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »
glad to see Guzman back in the lineup...THE HITTING MACHINE IS REPAIRED AND READY TO GO!

« Reply #42: April 29, 2009, 07:01:29 PM »
Of course.

He starts it off with commenting on how anyone who played softball at recess thinks they know how to manage MLB teams, but they don't know the first thing about being a manager

Phil Wood is just mad he always got picked last and the kids threw food at him in the cafeteria.

MrMadison

« Reply #43: April 29, 2009, 07:02:15 PM »
Of course.

what's Phil's record as a Manager?

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #44: April 29, 2009, 07:02:32 PM »
I think I will watch the top of the 1st, then Im going to watch a movie

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #45: April 29, 2009, 07:03:59 PM »
:rofl:
once again trying not to post too much tonight, but i'm sure this is how it will play out in the gameday thread:

>sportsfan types he loves Adam Dunn for getting on base in one of his first two at bats

>:az: comes on and posts get ready for the beast to unleash :az:

>SpiderNat, DCFan or another member of the LAC campaign chimes in and NOTLD quickly shuts them down saying they aren't cheap.  But NOTLD's blog gets another shout out too which is cool.

>sportsfan types he hates Adam Dunn for not getting on base in one of his last two at bats.

>someone posts how well one of our minor leaguers are doing, but of course it's years away until we see that player contribute at the big league level (how long does this plan work anyway).

>spidernat posts a photo of an attractive woman barely clothed, only for chief to say not again.

>i come on in the 7th inning and if we're winning i can see the thread is 15 pages deep with all sorts of levels of excitement or we're losing and i blast the lerners for being cheapies (chief says not again, again), sportsfan wants everyone kicked off the team (except for zimmerman, flores, martis, lannan and nieves) and the fire manny acta thread is 15 pages deeper.

go nats.

7-3 win tonight.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #46: April 29, 2009, 07:04:19 PM »
what's Phil's record as a Manager?

he's seen the players naked. he's an expert.

MrMadison

« Reply #47: April 29, 2009, 07:04:45 PM »
just did a search on Baseball Reference for "Phil Wood" and this was the result:

Found 0 hits for your search.

Standard form is First_Name Last_Name or Last_Name, First_Name

Try refining your search in the box above, or go to our Major League Player Index or our Minor League Player List.

Search The Bullpen Further personnel, topics, and events can be found at the BR Bullpen with 40,000 pages of history.

STFU Phil.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #48: April 29, 2009, 07:07:42 PM »
The Nats are 0-15 when they take a strike on the first pitch.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #49: April 29, 2009, 07:07:48 PM »
just did a search on Baseball Reference for "Phil Wood" and this was the result:

STFU Phil.

This would look good in my backyard.

http://www.philwoodgardens.com/