Author Topic: It's the Breaking Bad thread, nag!  (Read 8900 times)

Offline PatsNats28

Re: It's the Breaking Bad thread, nag!
« Reply #125: August 19, 2013, 07:25:36 PM »
I don't think I've ever waited for each week's episode with more anticipation than this show's.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #126: August 19, 2013, 07:38:08 PM »
I don't think I've ever waited for each week's episode with more anticipation than this show's.

It's a new feeling for me and one I don't like.  I watched the first four seasons on Netflix and then the first half of this season on demand. 

Offline BerakosVA

« Reply #127: August 21, 2013, 01:20:02 PM »
Am i the only one that hasn't seen this show yet?

Online GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #128: August 21, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »
Am i the only one that hasn't seen this show yet?

I haven't, but I'm planning on Netflix-ing the sh!t out of it.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #129: August 21, 2013, 02:12:53 PM »
Avoid this thread like the plague then!

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #130: August 22, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »
I haven't, but I'm planning on Netflix-ing the sh!t out of it.

Careful, it's additive watching on NF, and then you'll get caught up to this season and have to wait a week like the rest of us poor bastards.

Online GburgNatsFan

« Reply #131: August 22, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »
Careful, it's additive watching on NF, and then you'll get caught up to this season and have to wait a week like the rest of us poor bastards.

I've got like three seasons to go through, right?

It's perfect to help me avoid interacting with my family.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #132: August 22, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »
No, there is 4+ seasons on Netflix.

Online GburgNatsFan

« Reply #133: August 22, 2013, 11:07:32 AM »
No, there is 4+ seasons on Netflix.

Excellent. I can avoid my family for weeks.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #134: August 25, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »
I'm ready for next week.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #135: August 26, 2013, 12:39:18 PM »
Well Jesse's come to life.

I'm really saddened and frustrated watching Hank. He's completely fallen apart and lost any sort of control over this situation. It's weird to see somebody with a mountain of evidence paralyzed with the inability to do anything about it, and it's so sad to see him basically wreck himself. He's hopeless. He has no chance. I just cannot see Hank going up against Walt, let alone bringing him to justice.

In fact, with Hank and Jesse both being ruled by their emotions, and with Todd merrily setting up his own lab, there's only one person who can truly match wits with Walt and fight him to the end. Which is why I think he's going to kill Skyler.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #136: August 26, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »
what. the. freak.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #137: August 26, 2013, 02:39:54 PM »
Well Jesse's come to life.

I'm really saddened and frustrated watching Hank. He's completely fallen apart and lost any sort of control over this situation. It's weird to see somebody with a mountain of evidence paralyzed with the inability to do anything about it, and it's so sad to see him basically wreck himself. He's hopeless. He has no chance. I just cannot see Hank going up against Walt, let alone bringing him to justice.

In fact, with Hank and Jesse both being ruled by their emotions, and with Todd merrily setting up his own lab, there's only one person who can truly match wits with Walt and fight him to the end. Which is why I think he's going to kill Skyler.

Ah, but the scene at the beginning of episode 1 has Walt, but no Skyler....how do you see that coming about? And ------ doesn't know where the money is hidden.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #138: August 26, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »
Ah, but the scene at the beginning of episode 1 has Walt, but no Skyler....how do you see that coming about? And ------ doesn't know where the money is hidden.
Easy... in the scene at the beginning of episode 1 she's already done for. Somebody pointed out that Walt always takes on characteristics of people he kills, like cutting the crust off sandwiches, putting his knees on a towel when he pukes, reading Whitman, arranging birthday bacon...

Offline Dave B

« Reply #139: August 26, 2013, 03:19:34 PM »
Easy... in the scene at the beginning of episode 1 she's already done for. Somebody pointed out that Walt always takes on characteristics of people he kills, like cutting the crust off sandwiches, putting his knees on a towel when he pukes, reading Whitman, arranging birthday bacon...

does  he ever see gus'  puking technique?  leaves of grass  was a gift, right?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #140: August 26, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »
i started watching this weekend with my roommate. into season 2 now. good show.

very dark, and sad, and depressing, and it makes me nervous watching it. but a good show.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #141: August 26, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
 people who are not up to date  should really stay out  of here. I did until I caught up.   there is very little for you to gain,  but a whole lot to be spoiled

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #142: August 26, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »
Okay, after the revelation Jesse figures out, does he kill Walt or decide to help hank?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #143: August 26, 2013, 03:49:55 PM »
does  he ever see gus'  puking technique?  leaves of grass  was a gift, right?
He never sees Gus' puking technique, but he does start using it. I don't know how to explain that, just storytelling freedom or something.

And yeah the book was a gift. Kinda like a trophy, I think.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #144: August 26, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »
Also in one of the flash forwards Walt is driving a Volvo, just like Gus. 

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #145: August 26, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »
Okay, after the revelation Jesse figures out, does he kill Walt or decide to help hank?

**THIS WHOLE POST HAS SPOILERS

Well in the first episode of this season (2013), Walt returns to the house, so he clearly doesn't burn it down. My guess is that Jesse sees Walt Jr./Holly (probably Walt Jr - Holly's probably not home alone... then again, considering how crappy Walt/Skyler are as parents, maybe) and comes off the ledge. There's a 30% chance Jesse dies in this episode I'd say.

One really fascinating outcome that I didn't think of until the end of the episode - and it's probably not possible - is what if Walt could convince everyone Hank was the mastermind? The Heisenberg in his house in the first episode suggests otherwise, but I wonder if Hank and Marie have been brought down too.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #146: August 26, 2013, 05:26:47 PM »
One really fascinating outcome that I didn't think of until the end of the episode - and it's probably not possible - is what if Walt could convince everyone Hank was the mastermind? The Heisenberg in his house in the first episode suggests otherwise, but I wonder if Hank and Marie have been brought down too.
Don't forget the neighbor lady who sees him and reacts exactly the same way you'd react if Charles Manson showed up.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #147: August 26, 2013, 05:39:12 PM »
why does jesse want to burn the house down? what does that accomplish? assumes the ricin is in there and destroys it? if he wants to kill walt, kill him. maybe he figures the money is in there???

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #148: August 26, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »
why does jesse want to burn the house down? what does that accomplish? assumes the ricin is in there and destroys it? if he wants to kill walt, kill him. maybe he figures the money is in there???
emotions > reason right now

I agree with PatsNats, he's gonna see Walt Jr. and realize he's behaving like a lunatic.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #149: August 26, 2013, 05:55:49 PM »
Don't forget the neighbor lady who sees him and reacts exactly the same way you'd react if Charles Manson showed up.

Yes, so Walt is definitely outed - but I still wonder whether Hank goes down too. Actually I'm sure he does, but I think there's a 10% chance people think he was involved versus a 90% chance he's killed (among situations in which he goes down - not including the scenarios in which he's fired, etc.).

And yes, Jesse's being really irrational about this right now - burning his house down is one of the worst ways to go about this.