Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 22321 times)

Offline PC

Quote from: "The Chief"
WTF is Ortiz doing???

Servin' 'em up!

Quote from: "PC"
This team desperately needs pitchers, next season.  And not the leftovers from the previous seaosn (hello, Tony Armas) and not the scraps remaining from the bottom of the barrel (hello Pedro Astacio).

Stan Kasten (and the Lerner Family): Open the damn pursestrings and get some MLB caliber pitchers!

Now, now....we can't do that.  We have to unload and do with what we have so we can accumulate enough payroll to sign the Multi-Million Dollar Left Fielder....

Offline PC

He even served it up on the third out!

Offline sportsfan882

yeah, hard to win when you are always down big.. especially with ortiz on the mound

Offline PC

Ortiz's pitch count is already 57.  I'd pinch hit for him, here.

What are the chances that he finishes another inning???

Offline sportsfan882

I'd pinch hit for him as well but it seems like our starters never go deep unless it's the two AAA pitchers.  Our bullpen has been taxed.  Our veterans can't get out of the 3rd inning.

Offline sportsfan882

That was way low

Offline sportsfan882

BOOOOO.. This ump's K zone is terrible!
****ing rookie pitcher has the ump in his back pocket

Offline PC

Good gracious that third strike was low!

Offline sportsfan882

Did you hear what Bob said?? He said this isn't Tom Glavine out there, Blue.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Zimmerman's not happy about it, either.  I think that's the first time I've seen him really get visibly ticked about a call.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
this umpire is awful....i'm livid about those strike calls...it wouldn't be so bad if it were going both ways but it isn't...but it was nice to see zimmerman finally show his frustration about a bad call to the umpire....

Offline sportsfan882

McCann chased two bad pitches, so what does Ramon do? ........ Throw him a hanging slider of course.. He doesn't have an effing clue.  You don't have to throw strikes to get the Braves hitters out!!

Offline sportsfan882

Nice DP Zim. See, Ramon, you don't have to throw strikes to get these chumps out.

Offline sportsfan882

Kearns jusssst gets in 2nd. nice

Offline sportsfan882

Vidro, a hit with RISP. omg. But the runner only gets to 3rd. Come on Alex

Offline sportsfan882

great hitting Alex. He crushed it

Offline sportsfan882

0-2 count and Ramon hits em.. WTF?

Offline PC

Giles and Renteria should NEVER get hits because you never should throw a strike to them.

Offline PC

Brian Schneider should start swearing and throwing chairs at the beginning of the season!

Offline sportsfan882

Quote from: "PC"
Giles and Renteria should NEVER get hits because you never should throw a strike to them.

and Francoeur and LaRoche.
Nice throw Brian!  He is looking more like last year's Schneider at the plate and behind the plate

Offline PC

Go Felipe!

Offline sportsfan882

Come on, don't leave Lopez on 2nd!  I would kill for AK to hit one to the opposite field like Lopez and Zimmerman

Offline UMDNats

I gave up on this game and decided to watch my Steelers pre-season game instead of a game that counts. We suck. :(

Offline PC

HMMMMMM  :x  :x  :x