Author Topic: If the Nationals do this - I'll be Ticked!  (Read 799 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
If the Nationals do this - I'll be Ticked!
« Topic Start: January 12, 2011, 08:49:05 PM »
I know many here are not O's fans.  I used to go to many an O's game and watched great players.  I USED to go to their FANFEST!  KEY WORD IS USED TO!  I haven't gone since the NATS arrived, and if this policy keeps up, I won't go ever!!!

They are not only charging $10 entry fee to Fanfest but $15 extra for each autograph.  Kids 4 to 14 will be able to get their autographs for free.

[quoteNew Autograph Policy to benefit local children's charities
The Orioles will introduce a new autograph policy for FanFest in 2011 designed to shorten wait times, avoid fan disappointment and support youth charitable endeavors through OriolesREACH. Children ages 4-14 will have a specially designated Kids Only player autograph station presented by ESSKAY that is free of charge and will operate continuously throughout the day. All other ESSKAY autograph stations at FanFest will require the advance purchase of autograph vouchers. Vouchers will be available at orioles.com for $15 each, with all of the proceeds to benefit children's charities through OriolesREACH, beginning on Saturday, January 15, at 10 a.m.
[/quote]

I pity the poor kid, who Mom or Dad will force to be in autograph lines all day.  I pity the persons who have already bought FAN FEST tickets before this policy went into effect.  I also pity the charities who may not make as much this year because even Baltimoreans have called to boycott this event.

If the NATIONALS ever do this, they will get an ear full from me!  I imagine from you too!