Author Topic: Strasburg TJ surgery & ongoing recovery news  (Read 21088 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: UPDATED 8/27 - FML - Strasburg needs TJ Surgery
« Reply #625: September 29, 2010, 10:28:43 AM »
I like his competitive fire but he needs to quit talking smack. Dude is a rookie. A very good rookie, yes, but he should shut up and rehab and do his "talking" on the field when he gets back.

I love the kid but he is not very polished when it comes to media.

Come on... Stras is a class act period. He is VERY polished with the media and has been since he blew up a couple years ago.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #626: September 29, 2010, 10:43:14 AM »
I like his competitive fire but he needs to quit talking smack. Dude is a rookie. A very good rookie, yes, but he should shut up and rehab and do his "talking" on the field when he gets back.

I think you meant to write this post about Ian D(Error)smond

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #627: September 29, 2010, 10:43:30 AM »
I hate to be cynical but what the hell ...   Of course Zimmerman want's to keep Dunn around no matter what it costs ... $15 million per for 3.    Imagine what he'll be asking in a few years.    $15 millions puts him at $20 million ... minimum.    Alright, I'm done with the cynical thing.    Oh yeah, Dunn's a great clubhouse guy.

Zimmerman will be worth whatever it cost. Especially to a winning team.

He's MVP this year on a contending team.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #628: September 29, 2010, 10:44:36 AM »

Yeah I don't take that at all.

He is confident, but he has NEVER been cocky ... at least not that I can remember.  This type of comment was merely one saying hey one day we'll have our fun.  Also should be served as a good pump up to the Nats fan base.  His comments made me feel assured things will be okay (although we need vast improvements).

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #629: September 29, 2010, 10:46:24 AM »
I think you meant to write this post about Ian D(Error)smond

Yeah, yeah I'm a Desmond fan but obviously nobody on the team has a problem with what he's saying.  Nobody else speaks up.  For all we know everyone in the clubhouse likes Desmond and the way he is being a leader. 

Yeah do his errors suck?  Of course.  But he's getting better.  And he is one of the best hitters on the team.  Imagine if he the type of season he's had in the second half - if he had it all year. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
bump for updated thread title.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline Section214

Hope this didn't get anyone's hopes too high or anything but I just wanted to know if anyone has an update on him, knows what he is doing or anything. He tweeted that tomorrow is a big day for him and I was wondering if that had something to do with recovery.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Hope this didn't get anyone's hopes too high or anything but I just wanted to know if anyone has an update on him, knows what he is doing or anything. He tweeted that tomorrow is a big day for him and I was wondering if that had something to do with recovery.

He's suppose to throw off the mound tomorrow I think. That's exciting

Online imref

He tweeted that tomorrow is a big day for him and I was wondering if that had something to do with recovery.

A new Taco Boy is opening near his home in San Diego.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
A new Taco Boy is opening near his home in San Diego.

:lmao:

Offline hammondsnats

If strasburg comes back like JZ did...we have potentially one of the best rotations in a long time.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
If strasburg comes back like JZ did...we have potentially one of the best rotations in a long time.

How do you figure that? Who are the other 3 that are going to make up this "one of the best rotations in a long time"?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
:?

How do you figure that? Who are the other 3 that are going to make up this "one of the best rotations in a long time"?

Zimm and Stras alone would make it the best Nats rotation ever. Yeah, that's pretty sad to say.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Zimm and Stras alone would make it the best Nats rotation ever. Yeah, that's pretty sad to say.

Strasburg is considered the best pitching prospect pretty much ever and Zim2 is a damn good pitcher. If both are healthy and pitching like they are capable, that's an excellent rotation for anyone.

Not to suggest that dumpster diving rotations of the past haven't been horrifying, because they have. But Strasburg and Zimmermann would be a lot of teams "best ever"

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
It's sad but I've lost my enthusiasm about Strasburg. Breaks my heart... Had so much hope for him. Now I expect him at best to come back and pitch around a 3.00 era. Good! But not great...

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Jordan Zimmermann is a solid, solid pitcher but I doubt he is ever an all-star.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
It's sad but I've lost my enthusiasm about Strasburg. Breaks my heart... Had so much hope for him. Now I expect him at best to come back and pitch around a 3.00 era. Good! But not great...

What?

1. Around 3.00 is very good.
2. What makes you think, all of a sudden, that he can't be great?  Did he have a setback or something?

But Strasburg and Zimmermann would be a lot of teams "best ever"

:shock:

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.

Where did this come from?

Online imref

Jordan Zimmermann is a solid, solid pitcher but I doubt he is ever an all-star.

he's a year removed from TJ, still recovering, still young, and pitching very very well, thought he still hasn't shown he can go reliably past 6.  I can't believe folks are down on him.  Most teams would absolutely kill for a guy like him.

Online imref

we have a rotation every bit as good as Freak/Cain in SFO, but we still need to fill in the rest of the slots with guys who are legit 2-3's, not 4-5-AAAA types if we want to compete with Philly, Atlanta and Florida.  Adding C.J. Wilson to the mix next season could do the trick.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I'm hoping that we trade Marquis and Livo so that a few rotation spots open up for us to see if Milone/Meyers/Peacock are any good.

Offline Sharp

Dude... a true talent level of 3.00 for a starter is amazing.