Author Topic: Nats2playoffs King of Useless Information Thread!  (Read 1693 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

I would have thought you'd be in California, getting exclusive photos of Paris.  (Related?)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
I would have thought you'd be in California, getting exclusive photos of Paris.  (Related?)
She's going through a tough time right now...we've been telling Kathy (her mom) that she's been spoiling and sheltering Paris from the real world.  Now she's finally getting a taste of discipline.  Unfortunately, it's been in front of the cameras for all the world to see.  :?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
She's going through a tough time right now...we've been telling Kathy (her mom) that she's been spoiling and sheltering Paris from the real world.  Now she's finally getting a taste of discipline.  Unfortunately, it's been in front of the cameras for all the world to see.  :?

Is that a joke or are you seriously related?

Offline nats2playoffs

Is that a joke or are you seriously related?

It doesn't really matter, as long as he gets to stay for free at any Hilton Hotel, in the best suite.

There used to a restaurant near Sens' neck of the woods, in Lorton, VA called Hillbilly Haven, which I recall was owned by actor Dan Ackroyd's father-in-law, the father of actress, Donna Dixon (Miss Virginia 1976, Miss District of Columbia 1977, 1st runner-up Miss USA 1977.)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Where in the world do you come up with these facts, N2P?  Are you an encyclopedia salesman?

Offline nats2playoffs

Where in the world do you come up with these facts, N2P?  Are you an encyclopedia salesman?

I drove past the Hillbilly Haven at one time, which was on Route 1.  I thought the name was so hysterically funny that I took a photo of it.  I'm not sure if it ever got developed.  Adjacent Woodbridge VA was very redneck at one time; I remember telling my brother about the restaurant, and he didn't believe me until he saw it himself. 

When Ackroyd married Donna Dixon, I think the newspapers mentioned her father owning that "night club."  I just thought "small world" at the time.  I didn't know Dixon was a beauty queen until I just Googled her today.  That kind of explains how she got her foot in Hollywood's door.  She co-starred with a young Tom Hanks in a sit-com in 1980-82 called Bosom Buddies, which may still appear in re-runs on cable TV.  It was a weak TV version of 1959's Some Like It Hot, which starred Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon, and Tony Curtis.  In the tv version, Two and a Half Men's Holland Taylor was the ad agency boss of both Hanks and Peter Scolari.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Hillbilly Haven's been there for ages...it's a bonafide biker bar roadhouse - lotsa long bearded guys with chains attached to their wallets.  Fights and shootings about once a month...not for the faint of heart.  I recommend to continue down the road for your sight-seeing pleasure.   ;)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Blows Rain Man away!!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Sens is related to Paris Hilton?  And his name is Ronald Hilton?   :shock:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
We need to preserve such places...it's getting harder and harder to find a place to get a beer and a shot at 9 a.m...there are countless places to park your Prius for a skim latte, but hawg bars are almost nonexistent between Winchester and Laurel!

Hillbilly Haven's been there for ages...it's a bonafide biker bar roadhouse - lotsa long bearded guys with chains attached to their wallets.  Fights and shootings about once a month...not for the faint of heart.  I recommend to continue your sight-seeing in a different place.   ;)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
We need to preserve such places...it's getting harder and harder to find a place to get a beer and a shot at 9 a.m...
Yeah, you'll get your beer and a shot alright. 

Offline nats2playoffs

Hillbilly Haven's been there for ages...it's a bonafide biker bar roadhouse...

Does it have the same name?  I tried to Google it and came up with nothing.  But that's what it looked like, a typical tiny redneck restaurant.  I remember reading that its ownership changed hands a long time ago, after Donna Dixon made her name.

There also used to be a big restaurant at the northern edge of Woodbridge that did a ton of business and drew people in for Monday Night Football.  I can't remember the name of it, but it had good-looking waitresses running around in shorts, serving beer at night, long before anyone heard of Hooters.

Bosom Buddies cast, Dixon on right

Offline nats2playoffs

Has Donna Dixon ever been there?
I'm pretty sure she's been to the Hillbilly Haven...

nospinzone1

does anyone believe that Paris has seen the light?

Offline kimnat

Uh, not sure.  But time will tell.  Her interview w/ Babs would indicate so.  But we'll see.  I'm not convinced.

nospinzone1

Uh, not sure.  But time will tell.  Her interview w/ Babs would indicate so.  But we'll see.  I'm not convinced.

I WILL WAIT TIL HELL FREEZES OVER.

nospinzone1

I GOT A GREAT EMAIL ABOUT USELESS INFORMATIONJ BUT I CANT OR DONT KNOW HOW TO TRANSLATE IT TO OTHER SITES SINCE IT IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT YOU GOT TO KEEP HITTING THE ARROW TO CHANGE THE PAGE.