Author Topic: Burgers  (Read 6699 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Burgers
« Reply #25: November 13, 2008, 09:23:36 AM »
I eat all the fries, every time.

(Image removed from quote.)

There is nothing better than Cajun Fries and a Bacon Cheese Burger- I think I'm getting on for lunch after seeing that picture.

Offline blue911

Burgers
« Reply #26: November 13, 2008, 09:24:59 AM »
I eat all the fries, every time.

The fries are great,best fast food fries by far. I find the hamburgers lacking but I've only been to the one on New Jersey ave.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Burgers
« Reply #27: November 13, 2008, 09:33:53 AM »
The fries are great,best fast food fries by far. I find the hamburgers lacking but I've only been to the one on New Jersey ave.

The burgers are the best of any fast-food burgers.  Of course, if you're a three-year-old (like my son, Andrew) the burgers are best all loaded up so you can wear some home on your shirt.

Offline blue911

Burgers
« Reply #28: November 13, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »
The burgers are the best of any fast-food burgers.  Of course, if you're a three-year-old (like my son, Andrew) the burgers are best all loaded up so you can wear some home on your shirt.

I think I'm spoiled when it comes to hamburgers. I live within a mile of about a billion bars,so I can get "real" burgers.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Burgers
« Reply #29: November 13, 2008, 09:41:15 AM »
I think I'm spoiled when it comes to hamburgers. I live within a mile of about a billion bars,so I can get "real" burgers.

You make the right choice every time then.  Obviously Five Guys isn't going to compare to a pub burger.  That's like comparing apples to pub burgers.

Online HalfSmokes

Burgers
« Reply #30: November 13, 2008, 09:43:18 AM »
You make the right choice every time then.  Obviously Five Guys isn't going to compare to a pub burger.  That's like comparing apples to pub burgers.

I would put them against a lot of pub burgers, it just depends on how high you lack stacking them

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Burgers
« Reply #31: November 13, 2008, 09:46:45 AM »
FIve guys burgers are deficient in two ways:  One, they would be improved by charbroiling the patties, a la Burger King;  Second, if you could get them "medium" as opposed to "medium well", that would be a plus.

But they do have a vast array of options, flexibility of which is unmatched.  If only they had Heinz 57 vs. A-1....

Offline hammondsnats

Burgers
« Reply #32: November 13, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
FIve guys burgers are deficient in two ways:  One, they would be improved by charbroiling the patties, a la Burger King;  Second, if you could get them "medium" as opposed to "medium well", that would be a plus.

But they do have a vast array of options, flexibility of which is unmatched.  If only they had Heinz 57 vs. A-1....

They are equilivant to in-n-out burgers.  (i can't wait to get one of those when i go back out to cali in 3 weeks)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Burgers
« Reply #33: November 13, 2008, 10:55:01 AM »

Not directed at tom, just people in general in this thread that don't understand the Tao of Burgers:

Oy. You cannot decide how they cook your burger at 5 Guys. Back when there were only 3 of them, there was no time. Your burger was cooking already when you ordered. They only had grills, so no char broiling. Burger King burgers are low-grade frozen beef, and who knows at a pub, unless it's one of those rare places that say, serves organic food and grass-fed beef. Five Guys beef is never frozen. BBQ is the way to go, although I can't say I've ever tried 57 sauce.

The fries need malt vinegar. Not white vinegar like you get in New England for some bizarre reason.

This is relevant because Willingham and Olsen will need to acquaint themselves with Five Guys.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Burgers
« Reply #34: November 13, 2008, 11:06:11 AM »
Burger King burgers are low-grade frozen beef,
Five Guys beef is never frozen.
I can't say I've ever tried 57 sauce.
The fries need malt vinegar. Not white vinegar like you get in New England for some bizarre reason.

I like the way Burger King grills their patties, but agreed that Five Guys meat is better.
Heinz 57 > A-1.  Just ask Jimmy Buffet:  "I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes...."
Malt vinegar for fries is a must and is ubiquitous at Five Guys.  Old Bay spice on top of the malt vinegar is also very good, I've seen that at some Five Guys, but not standard. 

Offline blue911

Burgers
« Reply #35: November 13, 2008, 11:07:02 AM »
They are equilivant to in-n-out burgers.  (i can't wait to get one of those when i go back out to cali in 3 weeks)

Although I haven't had one in 15 years,I'd rate In-N-Out above 5 Guys. Do they still sell the car themed T-shirts?

Offline PANatsFan

Burgers
« Reply #36: November 13, 2008, 11:21:30 AM »
I like the way Burger King grills their patties, but agreed that Five Guys meat is better.
Heinz 57 > A-1.  Just ask Jimmy Buffet:  "I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes...."
Malt vinegar for fries is a must and is ubiquitous at Five Guys.  Old Bay spice on top of the malt vinegar is also very good, I've seen that at some Five Guys, but not standard. 

I believe the secret is - the Cajun fries have Old Bay on them :)

I think they call them Cajun so that Balmer doesn't get credit for delicious fries

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Burgers
« Reply #37: November 13, 2008, 11:24:32 AM »
I dunno what pubs you guys go to, but every "pub burger" i've ever had was a dried out crusty piece of crap.

All your burgers are belong to Five Guys.

Offline PANatsFan

Burgers
« Reply #38: November 13, 2008, 11:25:49 AM »

Yeah a flame grill would be delicious, but not authentic. That's why I had to quote the Tao. Some of us tolerate no questioning of burger orthodoxy.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Burgers
« Reply #39: November 13, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
Some of us tolerate no questioning of burger orthodoxy.

JIMMY BUFFETT  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Burger Orthodoxy.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

:woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

:icon_mrgreen:

Offline blue911

Burgers
« Reply #40: November 13, 2008, 11:31:04 AM »
I dunno what pubs you guys go to, but every "pub burger" i've ever had was a dried out crusty piece of crap.

All your burgers are belong to Five Guys.

You need to go to bars with dead crap on the walls.

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
Burgers
« Reply #41: November 13, 2008, 01:56:31 PM »
We've got this great place in Richmond called Cary Town Burgers & Fries, it's a cut above Five Guys.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Burgers
« Reply #42: November 13, 2008, 01:58:07 PM »
As you can see in this thread, most of us had forgotten about Bergmann.

We had to leave it to his #1 fan, spidernat, to remind us of his existence and his outside shot at cracking the rotation.

Never fear, Beachball.  No matter how irrelevant you may be to a discussion, spidernat will never forget you!

(Image removed from quote.)

You guys are kicking my ass. I'm glad there isn't another person in that picture (aside from kimnat, tomterp and Chief) of Bergmann's rescue that could be mistaken as me.  :?

Offline UMDNats

Burgers
« Reply #43: November 13, 2008, 02:02:30 PM »
Urban Burger FTW

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Burgers
« Reply #44: November 13, 2008, 02:45:11 PM »
Gregg is a certainty to go.  Nobody in the organization want him, and the other guys in the clubhouse can't stand him.  The most widely quoted player comments after the season were about you have to wonder what may have been if Fredi hadn't stayed with Gregg and Hermida so long and hadn't waited until mid/late August to bench them.

And yet....he was just traded.....TO THE CUBS!    :rofl:

Offline NatsAddict

Burgers
« Reply #45: November 13, 2008, 03:01:44 PM »
And yet....he was just traded.....TO THE CUBS!    :rofl:

There is a God!

I could not have picked a better destination!

Offline PatsNats28

Burgers
« Reply #46: November 13, 2008, 03:38:53 PM »
There is a God!

I could not have picked a better destination!

Les Mutts?

Offline blue911

Burgers
« Reply #47: November 13, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
Urban Burger FTW

Better than Franklins?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Burgers
« Reply #48: November 13, 2008, 03:54:23 PM »
We've got this great place in Richmond called Cary Town Burgers & Fries, it's a cut above Five Guys.

If it's the place I'm thinking of, I've been there, and heartily disagree with you.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Burgers
« Reply #49: November 13, 2008, 03:55:22 PM »
Urban BBQ is pretty good too.

Cheeburger Cheeburger is also very commendable.  Lots of burger variations, and a huge array of milk shake type drinks.