Author Topic: The Mens Wear Thread  (Read 15020 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: The Mens Wear Thread
« Reply #75: January 30, 2012, 11:26:24 PM »
Right, my goal is by this time next year have lost enough weight and gotten into good enough shape to drop three dimes on a really nice suit.  Afterward I plan on reenacting this scene everywhere I go:

my friends and i were literally just watching this two days ago. love it

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #76: January 30, 2012, 11:53:01 PM »
freak you guys are as bad as Jersey Shore...do you lift weights in front of mirrors too?!  :shock:

Just get some Oshkosh overalls and maybe a full set of long johns with the snap hatch on the ass.  What else do you need??

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #77: January 30, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »
It would work for me if they were cheap and came in size fat ass :shrug:

• babble on
« Reply #78: January 31, 2012, 12:07:48 AM »
$1000 shoes. Five dolla shake. Damn. 

Bet you light your partegas with burning c-notes too, eh?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #79: January 31, 2012, 07:15:07 AM »
freak you guys are as bad as Jersey Shore...do you lift weights in front of mirrors too?!  :shock:

Of course, how else do you know if you have poor form or not?  I actually like admiring myself in the gym mirrors after a hardcore session of lifting heavy things up and down.  I get to see a slimmer me that's drenched in sweat instead of this disaster that was drenched in bacon grease and depression:

Offline Dave B

« Reply #80: January 31, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations for good, white kicks/shoes/sneakers/tennisshoes/whatever other name you wanna call them, that go good with jeans? I really can't wear my white new balance shoes because they're so hideous.

Oh yeah, I also got to rock a suit this weekend at a wedding I attended. Been awhile since I have worn one. They're dope. Swag.

why must they be white? mix it up a little. i used to be a one pair of plain sneakers kinda guy, then i bought a pair of brown skateboard looking shoes a couple years ago. changed my life. i probably buy two pairs a year to add to the collection. they dont really get messed up because i dont play in the mud anymore.

i kinda liked the skateboard looking shoes. now all the kids are into running shoes. New Balance are actually very popular, more so in the gray and black range as opposed to white.

if you really want to waste a ton of time on the internet, you can design your own shoes on the adidas website and buy them. pretty sure nike and reebok have it too.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #81: January 31, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »
brooks brothers = the crap

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #82: January 31, 2012, 02:17:37 PM »

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #83: January 31, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »
As for suits and shirts, I plan to lose weight so I don't want to waste my money on designer stuff just yet. I think it would be a crime to have a $1000 suit taken in 2 inches like I just did with my Jos A Bank suit.

PAC 8)

Jos A Bank is nice though.  I like BB better, but I do have a couple Jos.  My one friend swears by that spot.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #84: January 31, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #85: January 31, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
If you want to dress like a W.A.S.P. at least shop at J. Press or the Andover shop so you aren't wasting your money on a long dead name.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #86: January 31, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
If you want to dress like a W.A.S.P. at least shop at J. Press or the Andover shop so you aren't wasting your money on a long dead name.

:shrug:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #87: January 31, 2012, 03:17:25 PM »
White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. :lol:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #88: January 31, 2012, 03:26:01 PM »
So I can't dress like Blackie Lawless, lead singer of W.A.S.P.?

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #89: January 31, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »
Off course you can and you will likely get the same amount of respect from Ivy League snobs as the guy wearing the off the rack Brooks Brother's suit. Granted when you are dressed like Blackie Lawless you obviously don't give a freak.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #90: January 31, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »
When you dress like Blackie Lawless with the circular saw blade crotched pants, it means you do give a freak.  A freak like a beast :lol:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #91: January 31, 2012, 04:40:39 PM »
Only took 3 pages and a bit for this thread to go bizarre places :doh: :lol:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #92: January 31, 2012, 04:41:46 PM »
Every time I see this thread title I read it as "This Means War Thread".

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #93: January 31, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »
For some reason I thought the title said "This Means War Thread" :lol:

:lol:

Offline blue911

« Reply #94: January 31, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »
Only took 3 pages and a bit for this thread to go bizarre places :doh: :lol:

Is that a Ralph Lauren trash can?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #95: January 31, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

:lmao:

Sorry :-[

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #96: January 31, 2012, 06:57:40 PM »
Off course you can and you will likely get the same amount of respect from Ivy League snobs as the guy wearing the off the rack Brooks Brother's suit.

When you show up to work in blackface, like I do, the clothes really don't matter.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #97: January 31, 2012, 09:53:22 PM »
why must they be white? mix it up a little. i used to be a one pair of plain sneakers kinda guy, then i bought a pair of brown skateboard looking shoes a couple years ago. changed my life. i probably buy two pairs a year to add to the collection. they dont really get messed up because i dont play in the mud anymore.

i kinda liked the skateboard looking shoes. now all the kids are into running shoes. New Balance are actually very popular, more so in the gray and black range as opposed to white.

if you really want to waste a ton of time on the internet, you can design your own shoes on the adidas website and buy them. pretty sure nike and reebok have it too.

I've been buying black shoes for pretty much my entire life. I'm not one to own a bunch of shoes. I'd just like to have a pair for wearing out and a pair for running/sports. I think white shoes would go well jeans and shorts which is pretty much my target.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #98: January 31, 2012, 11:21:57 PM »
I think white shoes would go well jeans and shorts which is pretty much my target.

This summer my wardrobe is going to be Bermuda shorts, American Apparel tee shirts, Swatch watches, and Chuck Taylors.  MLB authentic on-field hat optional.

• babble on
« Reply #99: January 31, 2012, 11:23:32 PM »
"big bear...?"

This summer my wardrobe is going to be Bermuda shorts, American Apparel tee shirts, Swatch watches, and Chuck Taylors.  MLB authentic on-field hat optional.