Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 4  (Read 23025 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 4
« Reply #575: April 22, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »
How do you guys think we match up overall against the Rockies? I think we're pretty damn even. That's not a bad thing.
I think Colorado has better offensive talent and probably a bit better defensively.  Both teams have injuries and/or in the rotation and their bullpen is a little deeper.  I like our closer situation a little bit better right now with Street out.  I think Colorado is still better than we are right now. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #576: April 22, 2010, 07:23:10 PM »
Ok ok and that is what I'm preparing myself for.  But I think it is also just as likely that he could turn it around and be hitting .260-.270 with a couple dingers.

yikes ... i don't think he'll reach down that low.  at least i hope not.  guarantee he'll get on base a bit tomorrow.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #577: April 22, 2010, 07:25:49 PM »
The Dodgers' pitching has been horrible so far, unfortunately their hitting has been amazing. I expect a couple of high scoring games coming up.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #578: April 22, 2010, 07:26:23 PM »
The Dodgers' pitching has been horrible so far, unfortunately their hitting has been amazing. I expect a couple of high scoring games coming up.

i think we'll take two out of three ... we'll at least get one to finish no worse than 5-5 on the homestand.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #579: April 22, 2010, 07:26:29 PM »
yikes ... i don't think he'll reach down that low.  at least i hope not.  guarantee he'll get on base a bit tomorrow.

We'll see what happens.  He hasn't done much to change my opinion this week, but I remain optimistic that Eckstein will help him out some.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #580: April 22, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »
WTF, did Peter Angelos draw up the Nats' early season schedule?  :evil: :evil:

This is crazy.  I didn't realize the Nats have to play 15 consecutive games in April, followed by a day off, followed by the Marlins' series, follow by another day off right after that?? (WTF?)  Then they play 17 straight freaking games (going home, then going on the road from New York to Colorado to St. Louis, then coming back home) before going into the Orioles' series.  They will have played 20 straight at the end of that.

Piss off, MLB. :evil: :crazy:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #581: April 22, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »
Piss off, MLB.
We're not the only one that has a similar problem.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #582: April 22, 2010, 07:36:15 PM »
We're not the only one that has a similar problem.

yeah ... and that's why i don't mind some of our regulars getting days off.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #583: April 22, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »
Livo is sick. Wish this offense backed him up. I passed out in the 7th so I didn't see much of the last innings. Hope the skins take Okung.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #584: April 22, 2010, 08:59:20 PM »
Late to the "worst game" discussion but in no way was today's loss anywhere close to being as bad as opening day.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #585: April 22, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »
Late to the "worst game" discussion but in no way was today's loss anywhere close to being as bad as opening day.

yeah ... it was a well pitched game by our guy ... it stinks we had to waste it because their guy was just a tad better.

oh well i like our bats against charlie tomorrow.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #586: April 22, 2010, 11:42:58 PM »
yeah ... it was a well pitched game by our guy ... it stinks we had to waste it because their guy was just a tad better.

oh well i like our bats against charlie tomorrow.

When you say waste, put it on our lineup. Today's lineup was a bad choice against a guy like Ubaldo. Should've done it yesterday. Without our hot hitter Willingham and then having to be unlucky with Zimmerman, it was a longshot to win. Glad Livo is pitching like this though. Hopefully next time through he'll get another W.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #587: April 23, 2010, 08:58:01 AM »
Great performance by Livan. Questionable lineup. Jimenez is great, so fun to watch.

Nyger cost us a critical out there with that CS. I love being aggressive, but how many times does Olivo have to throw us out before we show him some respect. Oh well.

Who is scheduled to pitch for us on Sunday? Olsen?

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #588: April 23, 2010, 09:12:42 AM »
            MLB analysts at the beginning of the season projected the Dodgers to be World Series contenders for this season..............amazing. I don't think the Nats are going to do too well against the Dodgers.............but hopefully I'll be proven wrong..          :popcorn:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #589: April 23, 2010, 09:15:18 AM »
Billingsly has fallen apart, that really hurts their chances this year

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #590: April 23, 2010, 09:15:35 AM »
                 You can say that again.  And let's not forget some of the UGLY, and I'm talking really ugly losses last season. Less we forget how good we have it right now.        :popcorn:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #591: April 23, 2010, 09:38:16 AM »
For all of those who were pissed at Olivo after he threw out TPlush yesterday, please read this from Mr. Kilgore:

When Nyjer Morgan walked up to the plate yesterday, he would turn to the Rockies catcher, Miguel Olivo. "I'm stealing on you, I'm stealing on you," he said, playful but still audacious. Morgan had been caught by Olivo earlier in the series, but that only emboldened him.

When Morgan walked in the middle innings, he bolted for second - and Olivo threw him out. Olivo smiled at Morgan as he ran back into the dugout.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #592: April 23, 2010, 09:40:27 AM »
I thought it was pretty obvious the way they were both shown smiling at each other that it was a friendly rivalry thing.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #593: April 23, 2010, 09:40:34 AM »
For all of those who were pissed at Olivo after he threw out TPlush yesterday, please read this from Mr. Kilgore:

They both smiled, it was obviously a good-natured rivalry.  I didn't think anyone was seriously complaining.

EDIT:

KEVROOOOOCK!!!

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #594: April 23, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »
They both smiled, it was obviously a good-natured rivalry.  I didn't think anyone was seriously complaining.
Ok, good.  I didn't get to see it, I just remember some spewing when it happened.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #595: April 23, 2010, 09:58:20 AM »
Olivo is building his stock up, that's for sure.