Author Topic: Bowden's monthly Q&A  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Bowden's monthly Q&A
« Topic Start: July 25, 2005, 03:38:42 PM »
At the end of Jim Bowden's question and answer session with the MLB.com reporter, he states, "Nobody complained when we were winning. Now they are complaining when they are losing. We had the best record of any team in baseball at home. This is about winning and losing. People that make excuses are losers. I have no place for losers. I don't want to hear about the food. I don't want to hear about the clubhouse. I don't want to hear about the size of the wall, the color of the grass and the depth of the mound. I want to see production and wins. I don't care about that other [stuff]. Winners go and win. Losers complain. I don't want to be around complainers and losers."

He then added, "So for those who want to complain and want to lose, they should come and ask to be traded."

My question to him is, "What does Jim Bowden do if a few key players line up and ask?"

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Bowden's monthly Q&A
« Reply #1: July 25, 2005, 04:19:06 PM »
wow...He's pissed.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Bowden's monthly Q&A
« Reply #2: July 25, 2005, 04:32:55 PM »
I hope he's pissed enough to DO SOMETHING, because I'm sick of hearing him talk and not doing one blessed thing, unless signing players off the waiver wire to help fill the farm system counts...

Trader Jim my ass...

Offline PC

Bowden's monthly Q&A
« Reply #3: July 25, 2005, 04:53:39 PM »
I'm sure his comments were aimed at one particular person.  I doubt if there's widespread mutiny on this team, after most of them had played in Montreal/Puerto Rico for years.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Re: Bowden's monthly Q&A
« Reply #4: July 25, 2005, 04:55:59 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
At the end of Jim Bowden's question and answer session with the MLB.com reporter, he states, "Nobody complained when we were winning. Now they are complaining when they are losing. We had the best record of any team in baseball at home. This is about winning and losing. People that make excuses are losers. I have no place for losers. I don't want to hear about the food. I don't want to hear about the clubhouse. I don't want to hear about the size of the wall, the color of the grass and the depth of the mound. I want to see production and wins. I don't care about that other [stuff]. Winners go and win. Losers complain. I don't want to be around complainers and losers."

He then added, "So for those who want to complain and want to lose, they should come and ask to be traded."

My question to him is, "What does Jim Bowden do if a few key players line up and ask?"

absolutely nothing.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Bowden's monthly Q&A
« Reply #5: July 25, 2005, 07:05:28 PM »
Try to melt into the woodwork I would imagine...