Author Topic: What's wrong with Ryan Zimmerman?  (Read 30623 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: What's wrong with Ryan Zimmerman?
« Reply #200: June 17, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
if we were to give Zim a couple of days off, who would play 3rd?  Lombo?

Sure. Why not? He did it before and was decent.

Try a couple days off, then insert him in the 6 hole.

It would be nice if we had a competent medical staff that could diagnosis his shoulder.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #201: June 17, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »
lol

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #202: June 17, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »
Give Zim a week off and play Lombo at 3B. Maybe 10 days. Just have someone competent examine his shoulder.

Lpmbo doesn't have a strong arm, but he is a good glove-man, as the old-timers used to say. And quick enough to get to anything.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #203: June 17, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »
Give Zim a week off and play Lombo at 3B. Maybe 10 days. Just have someone competent examine his shoulder.

Lpmbo doesn't have a strong arm, but he is a good glove-man, as the old-timers used to say. And quick enough to get to anything.

May as well just stick him on the 15 day DL. We can call up Corey Brown :lol:

Offline madj55

« Reply #204: June 17, 2012, 09:18:29 PM »
Does Ryan Zimmerman even hit homers in batting practice?  Has anyone seen him in BP recently?

No he doesn't, I was at BP at Fridays game and he was just hitting high fly balls to CF that were somewhat shallow. He was also fouling a lot of them up into the cage. I was also there for todays game and he didn't even take BP.

Offline Slumpbuster

« Reply #205: June 17, 2012, 09:44:27 PM »
I think he has developed a huge mental block.  Davey needs to sit him for a period of time......a couple starts anyways. Leaving him in there while he struggles so bad is  like leaving a drowning man to work it out on his own.
His contract reminds me a little bit of some of the I'll conceived Redskins/Wizards contracts of years passed.
Does he anything other than ground out's?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #206: June 17, 2012, 11:02:17 PM »
Hit Harper third. Laroche 4th, Morse 5th, Zimmerman 6th.

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #207: June 17, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »
Hit Harper third. Laroche 4th, Morse 5th, Zimmerman 6th.

I like it. Who hits 2nd?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #208: June 17, 2012, 11:19:42 PM »
I like it. Who hits 2nd?

Espinosa or Desmond.

Offline PC

« Reply #209: June 17, 2012, 11:26:53 PM »
Desmond should bat 5th.  Zimmerman should bat 6th because he's no protect for anybody.  Batting him 5th will kill any chance Morse has of seeing anything.  Espinosa would bat 2nd.

...that's a terrible lineup.  The only way to make this better is to sit or DL Zimmerman.  Move Lombardozzi to 3rd.  DFA Nady and call up Brown so he starts.

Are we ever going to see if we actually got something for trading Willingham other than "salary relief"?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #210: June 17, 2012, 11:29:27 PM »
Fine. That lineup is better than having Zimmerman continue to suck with runners on base

Offline Fan037

« Reply #211: June 17, 2012, 11:31:10 PM »
How could it hurt to shuffle the line-up, moving Zimm down?  It isn't helping keeping it the way it is and maybe it takes the pressure off.

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #212: June 18, 2012, 02:22:52 AM »
No he doesn't, I was at BP at Fridays game and he was just hitting high fly balls to CF that were somewhat shallow. He was also fouling a lot of them up into the cage. I was also there for todays game and he didn't even take BP.

I went to BP for the Sunday night game in Atlanta a few weeks back, and Zimmerman was hitting some absolute BOMBS in BP that game at Turner Field. Granted that's been a few weeks. I was at the past two day games, but didn't see BP, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he isn't hitting anything out. He sucks right now.

But I do have faith in him. It's just sad to see how he has fallen, and I really hope he isn't done.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline GOON

« Reply #214: June 18, 2012, 07:48:08 AM »
Loving the Zimmerman apologists in this thread and see nothing wrong with his piss poor play.

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #215: June 18, 2012, 08:15:20 AM »

When Johnson says he's concerned, you know something is wrong. Maybe he just needs to put his bat on his shoulder like Granderson, instead of waving it around like a big dick.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #216: June 18, 2012, 08:30:48 AM »
Loving the Zimmerman apologists in this thread and see nothing wrong with his piss poor play.

Stop trolling.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #217: June 18, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »
When Johnson says he's concerned, you know something is wrong.

That's what especially struck me.
(...and Morse isn't hitting, either)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #218: June 18, 2012, 08:50:01 AM »
That's what especially struck me.
(...and Morse isn't hitting, either)

+1   

The first thing out of Davey's post game conference yesterday was his concern about the 3 and 5 hitters.  He then expanded his comments on Zim.     Having said that, DJ's been known to say things that he's had to back off on or were said "out of school".

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #219: June 18, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »
Stop trolling.

While I can see why you might see this guy as a troll, maybe even someone's sockpuppet account, it's hard not to look at what Zimmerman is doing and not say - what the freak.  Dude has been hot garbage at the plate and doesn't even have warning-track-power right now.  Batting him in the three hole, right now, is the definition of insanity.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #220: June 18, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »
While I can see why you might see this guy as a troll, maybe even someone's sockpuppet account, it's hard not to look at what Zimmerman is doing and not say - what the freak.  Dude has been hot garbage at the plate and doesn't even have warning-track-power right now.  Batting him in the three hole, right now, is the definition of insanity.

It was trolling, because everyone can in fact see his play is piss poor, nobody is saying it isn't.  And since when is attempting to discern the reason being an "apologist"?  If he has a reason for objecting to somebody's analysis he should make his case directly, not throw vague general insults around. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #221: June 18, 2012, 09:04:26 AM »
If he has a reason for objecting to somebody's analysis he should make his case directly, not throw vague general insults around.

No way, without the vague insults this place becomes a crushing bore. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #222: June 18, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »
Mental neckbeards.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Offline GOON