Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 174281 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #900: December 24, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »
Man, I finally watched Resident Evil Retribution. Huge fan of the series, and I was stoked Anderson was back.

What the f*** was that? I thought the last film was genius, and set the stage for some crazy sh**.

So they bring Anderson back again and he wrecks it? Jesus christ, the entire movie was a rehash of the FIRST one, except worse in every regard. crap, they moved the series to a global scale, then for this film they toss Alice in some godforsaken facility i don't care about and have her try and escape, again? wtf?  This is what I expect from some music video director coming into an aging franchise and stealing the concept of the original to squeeze out more bucks. Not only the fact they total went backward, but it's from Anderson, the original director who departed for the next several sequels? He comes back, makes an awesome sequel, then goes and ignores everything for a remake, in essence? I was literaly praying the movie would end, and then when it did I couldn't believe the entire film didn't go past the 'escape from evil complex' storyline.

God damn that was awful. I seem to recall reading Anderson is doing the next one, too. God I hope that's correct and he picks up from where he left here. World totally destroyed, Alice and Wesker fighting out of a surrounded DC as the last humans on earth would be epic. no, it'd be what this film should have been, where Anderson should have picked up after Afterlife. Seems to me Anderson was enthralled by 3D and wanted to remake the first film in 3D, thus retribution. Now he owes the fanbase something that doesn't suck to make up for wasting an entire film in the franchise on junk.

Man, I can't believe it. The Silent Hill sequel, which was almost impossible to screw up if it at all followed the first, was unintelligible garbage. But Paul Anderson, a genius from Event Horizon through the start of the RE franchise, produced this trite trash? What a horrible month for awful films from survival horror game franchises that had actually managed to produce some great, unique films. I'll never watch either of these two again as long as I live, I just wish I hadn't sat through them the first ti