Author Topic: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 3  (Read 8126 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 3
« Reply #125: August 15, 2010, 07:09:35 PM »
Just got back from the game, what a great one. Strasburg was back in form, Zimm hit a freaking blast, and Willingham finally got one out too!

That said, I posted about this Tuesday. They drew under 26k for that game. Today, they drew 21,695 for a Sunday Strasburg start? WTF? And you can't blame the weather, every forecast even at 11pm last night was calling for a sunny day. And the rain clouds actually made the game more tolerable. I said Tuesday that it didn't mean much, it was a weeknight start, etc. And I said the real test was Sunday, that if they didn't draw then, there should be some alarm in the FO. I'd say 21.5k on a Sunday Strasburg following Tuesdays lackluster sales is really, really worrisome going into next season as far as how much of a draw Strasburg is going to be long term in this city. It looks like either people saw him once, and that's enough for DC fair weather fans, or a lot of people got pissed off when he got removed on Miss Iowa night. 40k that game, then 26k on a Tuesday and even less than that on Sunday? I guarantee the FO is concerned right now. That boosted revenue Strasburg brings in is definitely I portent to this franchise... Am I overblowing it? I don't know how you can't be a little worried about almost 20k on a Sunday in August, with excellent weather forecast up until a few hours before the game, for Strasburg. It's not a good sign about DC residents interest going forward.

The team has to be here for another 20+ years, correct? I'm not too worried about how big the crowds are, ever.

Also, check your PM!