Author Topic: Vermont Lake Monsters Announce Roster  (Read 9567 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Vermont Lake Monsters Announce Roster
« Reply #25: June 24, 2007, 12:34:35 PM »
I can tell you what it is.  It's the name.  VERMONT LAKE MONSTERS is money!

Second season's the charm.  We went 19-55 last year with the new name :?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #26: June 25, 2007, 02:13:02 PM »
Can someone tell me why Brandon Claussen has made 2 starts for this team? Is it rehab or is it just an error on the team's page?

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #27: June 25, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »
Can someone tell me why Brandon Claussen has made 2 starts for this team? Is it rehab or is it just an error on the team's page?

Latest from rotoworld:
Brandon Claussen struck out seven in five scoreless innings for the Rookie GCL Nationals on Sunday.

Claussen gave up five runs in four innings last week in his first start back from shoulder surgery. He might be an option for the Washington rotation in August.

He's rehabbing, and will likely be available in the second half of the season.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #28: June 25, 2007, 03:26:04 PM »
Latest from rotoworld:
He's rehabbing, and will likely be available in the second half of the season.

Thanks. That's awesome! This guy pitched well in a place (Cincy) where pitcher's DON'T pitch well. He's going to be a great addition.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #29: June 25, 2007, 03:27:36 PM »
If he could show something in the second half, he could definitely make a place on the roster for 2008.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #30: June 25, 2007, 11:37:50 PM »
Jordan Zimmermann pitched tonight.  2 innings, 1 hit, 0 BB, 3 K's 8)

Lake Monsters win, advancing to 5-2

P-Nats are at 2-3, unfortunately :(

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #31: June 26, 2007, 10:55:48 AM »
Jordan Zimmermann pitched tonight.  2 innings, 1 hit, 0 BB, 3 K's 8)

Lake Monsters win, advancing to 5-2

P-Nats are at 2-3, unfortunately :(

Only 2 innings? Because of the long layoff?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #32: June 26, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »

Only 2 innings? Because of the long layoff?

He's not pitching as a starter for Vermont.  He pitched two, starting in the fifth inning.

BTW the Monsters are undefeated @ home (4-0), and I've been to all of them :pimp:

Offline First Base Lady

« Reply #33: June 27, 2007, 02:31:33 PM »
BTW the Monsters are undefeated @ home (4-0), and I've been to all of them :pimp:

Ah yes, but were you at the loss last night in the sweltering heat? 

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #34: June 28, 2007, 03:11:33 PM »
Ah yes, but were you at the loss last night in the sweltering heat? 

Yep, it sucked.

By the way, when you go, do you sit in the first few rows of General Admission seats with some of your friends?

Offline First Base Lady

« Reply #35: June 29, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »
Yep, it sucked.

By the way, when you go, do you sit in the first few rows of General Admission seats with some of your friends?
Sometimes - We either sit in the 1st base GA section right in front of first base with some friends - or when we drink, we sit in our reserved seats in Section C, Row 1, Seats 3 - 8.  Stop by and introduce yourself sometime.  We are at EVERY game. 

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #36: June 29, 2007, 01:10:55 PM »
Sometimes - We either sit in the 1st base GA section right in front of first base with some friends - or when we drink, we sit in our reserved seats in Section C, Row 1, Seats 3 - 8.  Stop by and introduce yourself sometime.  We are at EVERY game. 

OMG, I Think I've contracted reading dyslexia... I had to read it twice to see it properly... The first time I thought it said, "We are VERY game"  Yes, I know, I need help... LOLOL

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #37: June 29, 2007, 06:50:23 PM »
OMG, I Think I've contracted reading dyslexia... I had to read it twice to see it properly... The first time I thought it said, "We are VERY game"  Yes, I know, I need help... LOLOL

Ken, that's just so much wishful thinking on your part. 

Not that I have any complaints about Vermont women, mind you.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #38: June 29, 2007, 10:59:42 PM »
Not that I have any complaints about Vermont women, mind you.

:lol:

By the way, the Vermont Lake Monsters commited SIX errors and still won the game 8-4 tonight.  The crowd was especially rowdy, and I can't say I wasn't part of that.

First Base Lady, did you go with two of your friends, sit in Reserved Seating, and between you and your friends, did you bring three kids.  If so, I was sitting right behind you :D

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #39: June 29, 2007, 11:34:10 PM »
:lol:

By the way, the Vermont Lake Monsters commited SIX errors and still won the game 8-4 tonight.  The crowd was especially rowdy, and I can't say I wasn't part of that.

First Base Lady, did you go with two of your friends, sit in Reserved Seating, and between you and your friends, did you bring three kids.  If so, I was sitting right behind you :D

LOLOL Why don't you just ask her to sit to wear a sign, or maybe you could wear one...

Offline First Base Lady

« Reply #40: July 01, 2007, 08:43:25 AM »

LOLOL Why don't you just ask her to sit to wear a sign, or maybe you could wear one...

I bounce back and forth between GA and Reserved and two friends are frequently with me - but NO KIDS!  Were you part of the rowdiness in Section D???  But Kenz is right - just ask if you think it is me.  The worst you could do is get your face slapped!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #41: July 01, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »
I bounce back and forth between GA and Reserved and two friends are frequently with me - but NO KIDS!  Were you part of the rowdiness in Section D???  But Kenz is right - just ask if you think it is me.  The worst you could do is get your face slapped!

"Hello, are you First Base Lady?" :D

And yes, I was in Section D, making the players realize their defense sucked.

Offline First Base Lady

« Reply #42: July 02, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »
"Hello, are you First Base Lady?" :D

And yes, I was in Section D, making the players realize their defense sucked.

Actually that might get you a yes answer from about 5 women!  Our group of host moms is called "The First Base Ladies".  So, a better question is "Hey - are you Freda?"

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #43: July 02, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »
By Kevin Goldstein, Baseball Prospectus, excerpted from his Monday morning article featuring 10 minor league players from around the country.

Glenn Gibson, LHP, Short-Season Vermont (Nationals)

Gibson was classified as a sleeper in my preseason Nationals Top 10 list, but he’s obviously wide awake now. On Sunday afternoon, the 2006 fourth-round pick allowed two hits over five innings, and in 16 innings over three starts, he has a 1.13 ERA to go along with 18 strikeouts and just two walks. His average-velocity fastball plays better because of command and movement, and his curveball and changeup are both highly advanced for a 19-year-old. Add in a long, lean, and projectable frame, and this gives the Nats fans a young pitcher to be excited about.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #44: July 02, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »
I've been looking to watching Godson's numbers since last season. He was thought of as a sleeper with a mountain load of potential to move up through the system this season. The kid is making the guys who wrote the early reports on him look like geniuses so far... I'd love to see his move up a couple times this summer.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #45: July 02, 2007, 07:06:22 PM »
I've been looking to watching Godson's numbers since last season. He was thought of as a sleeper with a mountain load of potential to move up through the system this season. The kid is making the guys who wrote the early reports on him look like geniuses so far... I'd love to see his move up a couple times this summer.

Gibson.

He's been pretty impressive in his two starts @ home with Vermont.  And for the record, I'd LOVE if he stayed in Vermont, he's a crowd pleaser with all the 1-2-3 innings and K's he's been having.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #46: July 02, 2007, 07:45:25 PM »
Gibson.

He's been pretty impressive in his two starts @ home with Vermont.  And for the record, I'd LOVE if he stayed in Vermont, he's a crowd pleaser with all the 1-2-3 innings and K's he's been having.

So if the Nats held him back, you'd love that. In that case I might as well hope he bomb, so the Nats don't promote him anytime soon.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #47: July 03, 2007, 02:14:01 AM »
So if the Nats held him back, you'd love that. In that case I might as well hope he bomb, so the Nats don't promote him anytime soon.

I was joking around.  I know he shouldn't be held in Vermont; I'm complimenting him on his great work in Vermont.  It's too bad in the minors when players do well, they leave...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #48: July 03, 2007, 07:27:58 PM »
I was joking around.  I know he shouldn't be held in Vermont; I'm complimenting him on his great work in Vermont.  It's too bad in the minors when players do well, they leave...

I knew what you meant, I was exaggerating things from my end. At least when a players is promoted it means there's a chance he makes it to the major leagues. If a player lingers, it means he's not that good and you are stuck with him, at least until he's demoted or let go.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #49: July 12, 2007, 10:43:52 PM »
Jordan Zimmermann's line for tonight:

5 IP, 0 R, 9 K's, 2 BB, 1 H

Very impressive. :clap: