Author Topic: The Bryce Harper Compendium (2012)  (Read 190212 times)

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
Re: The Bryce Harper Compendium
« Reply #500: June 04, 2012, 01:16:36 PM »
3-4-5 guys were 0-12 yesterday

Our number 3 hitter is, by his own admission, sucking.
Our number 4 hitter has 2 hits in his last 5 games
Our number 5 hitter hasn't faced MLB pitching all season.

Keep on doing what you do Bryce.

Our number 3 hitter has two career Silver Sluggers, 500+ RBI, and drove in 100 runs when Bryce was 13 and is the best player in Nats history.
Our number 4 hitter led the league in RBIs earlier this year and has been the best hitter all year long.
Our number 5 hitter led the team in HRs and RBIs last year.

Don't get me wrong.  I love the kid.  Love. The. Kid.  Love the way he plays, generally, but even he admits that he should have backed off on that one.  He's fantastic - beyond my wildest expectations in terms of how he'd play at 19, but he's not the only guy on the team.  Let somebody who's been an MLB player more than a month do what they do, too.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #501: June 04, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »
"Cised for Bryce" t-shirts available from the Junkies

I can't believe you listen to that garbage.

Actually, yes I can.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #502: June 04, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »
I need me a Bryce Harper jersey

I've never wanted to buy a jersey of any player since they change teams so often, but I may have to make an exception this one time. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #503: June 04, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
"Cised for Bryce" t-shirts available from the Junkies

:picard:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #504: June 04, 2012, 02:02:55 PM »
:picard:

On the plus side, ASSCLOWN will be easy to spot at the stadium because he'd be the only one retarded enough to buy one of those things.  :lmao:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #505: June 04, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »
I've never wanted to buy a jersey of any player since they change teams so often, but I may have to make an exception this one time.

I'm sorry, but you're quite simply wrong on this point.  My autographed, bullpen worn Klej MacDougal jersey is standing the test of time quite nicely I'll have you know.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #506: June 04, 2012, 02:04:43 PM »
On the plus side, ASSCLOWN will be easy to spot at the stadium because he'd be the only one retarded enough to buy one of those things.  :lmao:

I have a beware the gyro ball tshirt that my in laws bought me- if you're a sports fan and you family knows, I'm sure you have at least one utterly retarded tshirt

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #507: June 04, 2012, 02:05:48 PM »

the sox are my al team, I have a papplebon tshirt- it's now a cleaning rag

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #508: June 04, 2012, 02:25:47 PM »
Someone gave me a Nats Jersey as a gift with MY name on the back. I will literally, never wear it. EVER.

I appreciate the gesture and all and it's an authentic MLB Jersey so I know it was expensive, but I will never wear it - EVER

Offline madj55

« Reply #509: June 04, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
Our number 3 hitter has two career Silver Sluggers, 500+ RBI, and drove in 100 runs when Bryce was 13 and is the best player in Nats history.
Our number 4 hitter led the league in RBIs earlier this year and has been the best hitter all year long.

Don't get me wrong.  I love the kid.  Love. The. Kid.  Love the way he plays, generally, but even he admits that he should have backed off on that one.  He's fantastic - beyond my wildest expectations in terms of how he'd play at 19, but he's not the only guy on the team.  Let somebody who's been an MLB player more than a month do what they do, too.

Well if our number 3 hitter was playing like he did when Bryce was 13 now that he's 19 I don't think Harper would've gone for the triple personally. This kid is wise beyond his years and he knew that the best chance for us to get the tying run across was with him on third, considering what Zimmerman has done recently.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #510: June 04, 2012, 02:57:24 PM »

You can't love the guy and then get upset when he does that. That is a part of his game. That's why he got a double on a bloop infield hit. It's why he stole home. If he dials it back and plays conservative, he won't be doing those things.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #511: June 04, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
Someone gave me a Nats Jersey as a gift with MY name on the back. I will literally, never wear it. EVER.

I appreciate the gesture and all and it's an authentic MLB Jersey so I know it was expensive, but I will never wear it - EVER

When I get a custom jersey I just get a number on it - no name.  If people ask "who's number 17" I just answer, "me."  If someone asks me "who's number 42" I punch them in the face.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #512: June 04, 2012, 03:09:36 PM »
When I get a custom jersey I just get a number on it - no name.  If people ask "who's number 17" I just answer, "me."  If someone asks me "who's number 42" I punch them in the face.

Mariano Rivera?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #513: June 04, 2012, 03:18:28 PM »
lmao at anyone saying Bryce cost us the game

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #514: June 04, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »
Well if our number 3 hitter was playing like he did when Bryce was 13 now that he's 19 I don't think Harper would've gone for the triple personally. This kid is wise beyond his years and he knew that the best chance for us to get the tying run across was with him on third, considering what Zimmerman has done recently.

Wait, didn't Zim clear the bases TWICE just last week, after the teenager in front of him was pitched around?

The reports of Zim's demise are greatly exaggerated

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #515: June 04, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »
You can't love the guy and then get upset when he does that. That is a part of his game. That's why he got a double on a bloop infield hit. It's why he stole home. If he dials it back and plays conservative, he won't be doing those things.

This.  If you don't get thrown out every once and a while, then you aren't being aggressive enough. 

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #516: June 04, 2012, 03:59:43 PM »

Fine line between being aggressive and reckless.  I'm not saying dial it back - I'm saying know there's a line and know when to cross it.  Hard skill to learn and a sign that he's still a rookie.  And yes, I admit, this is completely arbitrary.  If he's safe, I love the play.  Thing is, I think he goes for it no matter who's batting 3-4-5 and no matter how they happen to be playing at the moment.  This is who he is.

Online Slateman

« Reply #517: June 04, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »
Fine line between being aggressive and reckless.  I'm not saying dial it back - I'm saying know there's a line and know when to cross it.  Hard skill to learn and a sign that he's still a rookie.  And yes, I admit, this is completely arbitrary.  If he's safe, I love the play.  Thing is, I think he goes for it no matter who's batting 3-4-5 and no matter how they happen to be playing at the moment.  This is who he is.

Harper is reckless. Thats what we want. Just like Charlie Hustle

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #518: June 04, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
There's one reason I hope Harper dials it back, and that's to avoid injury. Otherwise it's to his benefit.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #519: June 04, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »
He can dial it back when he's 20

For now he's 19, he's a Peacock he needs to fly!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #520: June 04, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »
For now he's 19, he's a Peacock he needs to fly!

notsureifserious

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #521: June 04, 2012, 04:30:28 PM »
notsureifserious

Movie reference

The Other Guys

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #522: June 04, 2012, 05:11:42 PM »
Harper is reckless. Thats what we want. Just like Charlie Hustle

You missed my point.  That's what we want - except when it doesn't work.  ;)

Online Slateman

« Reply #523: June 04, 2012, 05:42:52 PM »
You missed my point.  That's what we want - except when it doesn't work.  ;)

I want it when it doesn't work. I want it all the time. Zimmerman will probably just hit in to a double play.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #524: June 04, 2012, 05:45:52 PM »
If Zimmerman hits into a double play with Harper on second, wouldn't that still be harper's fault?