Author Topic: Dibble apologizes  (Read 15405 times)

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
Re: Dibble apologizes
« Reply #125: August 30, 2010, 08:33:03 AM »
He's changed though... I don't know what happened... but the dude went from funny, to nagy in the blink of an eye.

I think for me it's just over-exposure.  When he first started it was like this guy will speak his mind, and it took a little while to realize that means he just won't shut up.  I am more than ready for him to go.  If you actually listen to what he says, the only thing he's actually good at is having an attitude.  He doesn't provide any sort of analysis and when he does it's completely biased.  I know some people like his rah-rah crap, but it galls me because if he was hired by any other team in baseball tomorrow he would do the exact same stuff.  It's his shtick, what does he care about the Nationals?  And I don't know what the source of his grudge against Strasburg is, but I want to hope he's a franchise player, not hear some loudmouth ex-Nasty Boy call him a wussy and say his talent doesn't compare to Tommy Hansen. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #126: August 30, 2010, 09:03:14 AM »
Just saw this on twitter:

@CapitolBaseball: #Dibble on XM this morning made a joke about how he USED to call baseball games. Is that the end?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #127: August 30, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
I know some people like his rah-rah crap, but it galls me because if he was hired by any other team in baseball tomorrow he would do the exact same stuff.  It's his shtick, what does he care about the Nationals?

He has lived in the area and watched 300 games over the past couple years, not to mention personally getting to know the players, coaches, and staff. It's not shtick just because he would root for the next team that (basically) employs him.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #128: August 30, 2010, 09:38:03 AM »
He has lived in the area and watched 300 games over the past couple years, not to mention personally getting to know the players, coaches, and staff. It's not shtick just because he would root for the next team that (basically) employs him.

Yunesky Maya just became a huge Nats fan.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #129: August 30, 2010, 09:39:40 AM »
I don't care...I hope he's back.  Sutton was the next best thing to a pet rock, and if that's the type of 'personality' the team wants in the broadcast boot, I won't be wasting time listening (I'll go back to watching on mute like I used to do).   

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #130: August 30, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »
  I think Dibble is done in the Nats organization's eyes. His comments about Strasburg, imo, were the final straw. I would be surprised if he came back, but instead worked his contract with MASN out in another capacity. He went too far on his cracks about Strasburg, and what finally happened to Strasburg.
  I also noticed this season, what several other posters have raised, that he was much more critical of the team, and irrate, then before. Don't know what happened, but his style of broadcasting changed.
                                                :dibbs:     :popcorn:

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #131: August 30, 2010, 11:41:53 AM »
I thought you weren't fond of color guys?

lmao yes

Offline Rojo Johnson

• formerly Southeast Jerome
  • nages leave
« Reply #132: August 30, 2010, 05:31:17 PM »
I don't care...I hope he's back.  Sutton was the next best thing to a pet rock, and if that's the type of 'personality' the Nats Nats bloggers want in the broadcast booth, I won't be wasting time listening (I'll go back to watching on mute like I used to do).  

FTFY. Nats bloggers give lot of vitriol to Dibble. They've done it all year (even before the recent comments), and it shows their personal vendetta.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #133: August 30, 2010, 05:40:32 PM »

Offline PC

« Reply #134: August 30, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »
I was wondering what he was saying on his radio show because I was sure that he'd been on the air since this all started.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #135: August 30, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »
FTFY. Nats bloggers give lot of vitriol to Dibble. They've done it all year (even before the recent comments), and it shows their personal vendetta.

there is no personal vendetta. what are you talking about?

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #136: August 30, 2010, 07:11:03 PM »

WTF?  What vendetta have you conjured up in your own mind?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #137: August 30, 2010, 07:21:45 PM »
I don't know who "started" the back-and-forth between Dibble and...  well, the whole internet...  but regardless, Dibble has never made a secret of his disdain for bloggers, message boards, twitter, etc.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #138: August 30, 2010, 09:06:28 PM »
The bloggers have a  huge vendetta against Dibble. Look at Biel, Needham, and Harper. They have made their dislike of him no secret.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #139: August 30, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »
The message board posters are generally siding with Dibble while the bloggers and the twitterers are generally anti-Dibble.  Also I'd say that guys are much more likely to be Dibble fans.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #140: August 30, 2010, 09:44:43 PM »
there is no personal vendetta. what are you talking about?

He's a serious mindfact enthusiast.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #141: August 30, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »
Three-two-zero probably hates Dibble.  Dibble is not a Lernercorp sycophant.

Offline NFA Brian

• Nationals Farm Authority
« Reply #142: August 31, 2010, 04:59:52 AM »
The bloggers have a  huge vendetta against Dibble. Look at Biel, Needham, and Harper. They have made their dislike of him no secret.

No vendetta here. I just don't enjoy Dibble's style. I moved to the radio only this season because I found his cheering and complaining distracting and never learned anything new from his repetitive comments. I know there are those who like him, I'm just one of them

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #143: August 31, 2010, 09:07:02 AM »

Time to start watching MASN with the volume off if Dibbs isn't going to be the color announcer...at least that way I won't have to hit the mute button every time the go to commercial.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

« Reply #144: August 31, 2010, 09:16:50 AM »
I can not believe that I am the only one who likes Knight more than Dibble.  Way more insightful without all the "look at me" antics. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #145: August 31, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »
I can not believe that I am the only one who likes Knight more than Dibble. 
You're not.  Not by a long shot.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #146: August 31, 2010, 09:22:12 AM »
I can not believe that I am the only one who likes Knight more than Dibble.  Way more insightful without all the "look at me" antics. 

You aren't. I loved Dibble last year but not this year.

Knight is a nice change of pace.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #147: August 31, 2010, 09:32:21 AM »
Knight is a nice change of pace.
But if you go with the change of pace too much you hurt your arm.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #148: August 31, 2010, 01:32:35 PM »

I agree, I think that Knight knows a lot about the game.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #149: August 31, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if he is on a week long bender with Charlie Sheen. ;)

I really hope he is not gone. The games are just not the same on MASN. The dry duo is going to drive me nuts if this is the long term solution.