Poll

When will NBA negotiations come to agreement and the  Wizards Season start?

Nov 2011
0 (0%)
Dec 2011
0 (0%)
Jan 2012
0 (0%)
Not gonna happen this season
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: September 29, 2011, 10:03:56 AM

Author Topic: NBA - Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Season- THEY'RE BACK........  (Read 15912 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
We give em hell, but they've been getting better. Last 5 games holding opponents to under 100. Damn good D. Just can't close. Glad they saved up to beat the crap out of the 76ers, freak PHILLY!!!!!!!!!!

It sucks to say stuff like this but we could've gotten 4 out of 5 wins of the last 5 games... It seems like we are improving easily. Nene was a great trade. The lack of Blatche and Rashard are also a big factor. Booker, Seraphin, Crawford and even Singleton are stepping it up. Its good news for the future. If we can get the guy from UNC or even Anthony Davis then I can guess we'd be a pretty good team.

Offline ronnynat

Great 4th quarter. Down by 3 with 1:18 left.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Great 4th quarter. Down by 3 with 1:18 left.

...but ultimately sadly, close-but-no-cigar again - 99-92 Raptors. No Nene + no Booker = pretty much goodbye any inside game. (Love the way Seraphin has come on since the Lakers upset a month ago though.)

We've got the Bucks coming into the Phone Booth tonight - they're just 2 1/2 games out of a playoff berth and no doubt will be bringing their 'A' game.

Offline HalfSmokes

This season is about balls in the hopper (gotta get the best euro available to ride the bench), nothing wrong with a loss (if wall was a legitimate number 1 overall, it would be about playoff positioning, but bad luck on the timing of that pick)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Yeah, that Vesley pick is kind of confusing. I really hope we get a good pick this year and get a decent starter with it.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Yeah, that Vesley pick is kind of confusing. I really hope we get a good pick this year and get a decent starter with it.

I've followed the Bullets/Wizards' drafts since ... the late '60s.      Unseld was the last good pick (LOL).    Forget about it.   It ain't gonna happen.    Earl worked out real well 'til we got rid of him.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I've followed the Bullets/Wizards' drafts since ... the late '60s.      Unseld was the last good pick (LOL).    Forget about it.   It ain't gonna happen.    Earl worked out real well 'til we got rid of him.

Don't forget that great Kenny Green pick.

(though, Karl Malone was available)

Offline OldChelsea

Except for a short bit of the first period it was pillar-to-post Bucks last night (admittedly they still have something to play for, now just 2 games behind the Knicks for the 8-seed in the East, and still no Booker or Nene).

...but why oh WHY does Leonsis feel he has to go back to Susan O'Malley Math? Published attendance is 16,234 (about 80% of basketball capacity)...if that place was even HALF FULL last night (some 400-level sections with as few as a half-dozen people in them) I'm a monkey's uncle. (And it's not like this is the Capitals, who are effectively sold out on season tickets and any empty seats you see are STH no-shows...the Wizards' STH base is a long, long way from that.)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Don't forget that great Kenny Green pick.

(though, Karl Malone was available)

I remember that.   Thought about it all through Malone's career.     Had a buddy in SLC, originally from Tidewater, and we used to ski in the spring at Alta/Snowbird/Park City  (actually drink beer mostly) and we'd ALWAYS talk about that choice.

But hey, he was good at WF.   :)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
holy crap Wizards lost 65-103

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
  Unfortunately, we are all betting that Randy won't be back next year as the Head Coach. Not because he hasn't done well, but we just think he would rather be somewhere else coaching - this is a very dysfunctional team. So much easier being an assistant coach somewhere else, then putting up with the headaches that this bunch brings.  They are going to have a h*ll of a time finding a veteran coach that would want to coach this lot........They don't listen, they don't listen....... :roll:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
aw Roger Mason Jr got released

Offline CatsEye

aw Roger Mason Jr got released

Do you understand that? I sure don't. I mean, he was a key contributor at the Lakers game that we won. What happened? Anyone know?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Do you understand that? I sure don't. I mean, he was a key contributor at the Lakers game that we won. What happened? Anyone know?

Well from what I heard its that he's injured temporarily so they had to clear up a spot.

So hopefully thats good news

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Yeah he's done for the season, from what I remember. Hell of a game last night.

Offline OldChelsea

...and for only the third time this season, the Wizards win back-to-back matches, beating the Bucks last night.

At the prior match they began putting STH renewal placards on the seats of all STH who had not yet renewed, and did this again last night...the Wizards' non-corporate STH base isn't that big to begin with but last night there were a LOT of empty seats with renewal placards fluttering from them.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Crazy how they're beating playoff caliber teams now. Plus a team that's still fighting for a spot. Impressive.

Offline HalfSmokes

Crazy how they're beating playoff caliber teams now. Plus a team that's still fighting for a spot. Impressive.

funny how they still have the second worst record in the NBA- I thought wall was supposed to be the savior?

Offline CatsEye

funny how they still have the second worst record in the NBA- I thought wall was supposed to be the savior?

He can't do it along - Wall that is. They still need a few more big guys like Nene and a 3 pointer shooting expert. And please give Randy a big bottle of Tylenol......  :roll:

Offline HalfSmokes

Look at the really good recent high draft picks- lebron, rose, durant, Carmelo, - they had their teams competitive almost by themselves in some cases by this point in their careers. Even Irving's cavs are better than the wizards

Offline ronnynat

Look at the really good recent high draft picks- lebron, rose, durant, Carmelo, - they had their teams competitive almost by themselves in some cases by this point in their careers. Even Irving's cavs are better than the wizards

The only good comparison would be Rose because he's a PG. The Bulls were only a .500 team in his second season and he had a much better supporting cast than Wall has this season (actually, all of those guys you mentioned had better players on their teams). Also, Rose is a scoring point guard while Wall is a distributor first, scorer second. We need a star scorer to get the most out of Wall.

Offline HalfSmokes

So because he's a point guard he's not expected to be as good? I don't blame wall- he was the best of a bad class, but watching other guys lead or contribute to playoff teams makes it seems like almost as much of a wasted pick as vessaly

Offline ronnynat

Over 17,000 people at the Wizards-Bobcats game tonight. That's crazy.

4 wins in a row.

Offline OldChelsea

Over 17,000 people at the Wizards-Bobcats game tonight. That's crazy.

4 wins in a row.

I was there and it looked like about 11-12k actual (attendance counts this season, particularly in the second half, are liberally padded with comp tickets and other freebies).

Good to see the win, all the same...also heard on the radio that if the Bobcats lose their remaining two matches (Magic away, Knicks home) they will break the NBA record for worst winning percentage ever (bad enough that last night's loss was a franchise-record 21st in a row - the Wizards may be bad, but the Bobcats are absolutely dire).