Author Topic: Video Games (2009-2011)  (Read 88814 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Video Games
« Reply #275: December 30, 2009, 08:57:43 AM »
I've got 2 PS3's, an Xbox 360, and a Wii.  When I had to get a new TV I took advantage of a deal that gave me a PS3 and a game plus a bluray with the TV.

It sucks having to choose between platforms.  I wish you could just buy a game and have rights to play it on either console.  Like Madden '10.  I got it for 360, but some friends play it on PS3.

Good grief, man.  You've got way too many gaming systems.  You should read a book.  :lol:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #276: December 30, 2009, 08:59:33 AM »
Yeah, I hear you about that. It sucked back in the PS2/Xbox days but I think I got alot of my friends to go 360. They should be cross-platform at least for the internet. That'd make it so much cooler.

I think the language for the games is different so I don't see how you could possibly get that to work unless Sony and Microsoft were to merge and that would be a disaster. 

I find the 360 to be superior to the PS3, but that's just me.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #277: December 30, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »
I picked up a PS3 and MLB The Show a little while back.

Holy cow, this might be the best sports game I've ever played.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #278: December 30, 2009, 11:16:11 AM »
I think the language for the games is different so I don't see how you could possibly get that to work unless Sony and Microsoft were to merge and that would be a disaster. 

I find the 360 to be superior to the PS3, but that's just me.

Both have their pros and cons. I switched from a 360 to ps3 in May and love it. Would never go back. I miss playing with all my buddies, but the exclusives on ps3 are so much better (for me) on ps3 and I love not paying for online.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #279: December 30, 2009, 02:39:51 PM »
wow. that's a huge list of demos. how big are the downloads?
Usually ~1GB.  Some are a little more, some as small as like 500MB.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #280: December 30, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »
damn. they will take forever on my crappy Verizon DSL connection.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #281: December 30, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »
damn. they will take forever on my crappy Verizon DSL connection.
I usually just pick a few, tell them to DL in the background, and let them run overnite or while I'm watching a bluray or something.  You don't have to wait for them to download, you can put them in the background and continue to play games and things on the PS3.  I have 6mbps cable connection, so they don't take that long anyway, but still.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #282: December 30, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »
I usually just pick a few, tell them to DL in the background, and let them run overnite or while I'm watching a bluray or something.  You don't have to wait for them to download, you can put them in the background and continue to play games and things on the PS3.  I have 6mbps cable connection, so they don't take that long anyway, but still.
my connection is 1.54 Mb/s. sucks. but at least it's not comcast. freak them.

I will do that. That is nice that you can download them in the background why you do other stuff.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #283: December 30, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »
SF you need FiOS.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #284: December 30, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
I know. It's not available in my neighborhood yet. Sucks. We used to have Comcast High Speed and it was really fast but we dropped their cable/internet over a year ago altogether because their service is a freaking joke.

My grandfather has Fios at his house. It is wicked.

DirecTV is pissing me off lately though. First, it's them dropping 'Versus' which shows a bunch of Caps games. And now a few days ago I heard they are dropping all of the XM music channels and replacing them with some generic music bullcrap. freak, I listen to those stations all the time while I am playing games or surfing the web.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #285: December 30, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »
I know. It's not available in my neighborhood yet. Sucks. We used to have Comcast High Speed and it was really fast but we dropped their cable/internet over a year ago altogether because their service is a freaking joke.

My grandfather has Fios at his house. It is wicked.

DirecTV is pissing me off lately though. First, it's them dropping 'Versus' which shows a bunch of Caps games. And now a few days ago I heard they are dropping all of the XM music channels and replacing them with some generic music bullcrap. freak, I listen to those stations all the time while I am playing games or surfing the web.
They all suck really.  It just depends on which one freaks you the least at any given time :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #286: December 30, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »
I'm downloading the old Call of Duty demo now. should be done shortly

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #287: December 30, 2009, 08:04:54 PM »
They all suck really.  It just depends on which one freaks you the least at any given time :?

This is true.  But at least FiOS provides extremely fast and reliable internet.  I use the web a lot more than I watch TV, especially during the offseason.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #288: December 30, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »
does anyone know how to add another wii remote for nhl2k10 or any other 2k sport. it might be similar

Offline Nathan

« Reply #289: December 30, 2009, 09:39:18 PM »
does anyone know how to add another wii remote for nhl2k10 or any other 2k sport. it might be similar
What do you mean "how to add"?  You mean pairing a friends Wiimote to your Wii?

Offline Dave B

« Reply #290: December 30, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »
no. like i want to play two player with someone in my living room. i have two remotes. pressing 1 and 2 together doesnt work

Offline Nathan

« Reply #291: December 30, 2009, 09:43:42 PM »
no. like i want to play two player with someone in my living room. i have two remotes. pressing 1 and 2 together doesnt work
Is this a new Wii remote?  Or have you used both with the system before?  If you haven't used one of the Wii remotes you have to sync it up to work with your Wii.

Open the battery cover of the new Wii remote and open the little door on the Wii where you put the SD card.  Hit the red sync button on the wii and the red button by the battery on the remotes to get them to work together.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #292: December 30, 2009, 10:09:26 PM »
I've been playing the old COD game for awhile. pretty fun.

I don't understand the last part of the mission though. it says blow up 3 tanks

Offline Nathan

« Reply #293: December 30, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »
I've been playing the old COD game for awhile. pretty fun.

I don't understand the last part of the mission though. it says blow up 3 tanks
I think that might be the end of that demo or something.  I seem to remember that, your up on this building looking out, right?

Offline Dave B

« Reply #294: December 30, 2009, 11:55:02 PM »
Is this a new Wii remote?  Or have you used both with the system before?  If you haven't used one of the Wii remotes you have to sync it up to work with your Wii.

Open the battery cover of the new Wii remote and open the little door on the Wii where you put the SD card.  Hit the red sync button on the wii and the red button by the battery on the remotes to get them to work together.

it works with mario bros and wii sports

Offline Nathan

« Reply #295: December 31, 2009, 12:00:05 AM »
it works with mario bros and wii sports
Well, then I don't know :lol:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #296: December 31, 2009, 01:42:21 AM »
I played the BC demo a little bit.  I've gotta say, as far as FPSs go, 360 controller >>>>> PS3 controller.  I played the Madden '10 demo on PS3 too (I have the full game for 360) and I have to say I prefer the PS3 controller on that game.  Holding L1 and R1 with both thumbs on the analog sticks for ps3 is not as comfortable or natural as LT and RT with the offset sticks on the 360 controller.  I wonder if they make a 360 shaped controller for PS3.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #297: December 31, 2009, 01:55:56 AM »
I played the BC demo a little bit.  I've gotta say, as far as FPSs go, 360 controller >>>>> PS3 controller.  I played the Madden '10 demo on PS3 too (I have the full game for 360) and I have to say I prefer the PS3 controller on that game.  Holding L1 and R1 with both thumbs on the analog sticks for ps3 is not as comfortable or natural as LT and RT with the offset sticks on the 360 controller.  I wonder if they make a 360 shaped controller for PS3.
Apparently there is one.

http://www.dreamgear.net/shop-by-platform/sony-playstation-3/shadow-6-wireless-controller.html

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #298: December 31, 2009, 10:10:07 AM »
Anyone have any reccomendations for wii sports games? We got a wii for christmas and I'm looking for something to play with my wife so anything with complex game play (Madden and probably most EA titles) is out. I'm thinking FIFA may be the a good compromise since the major complaint seems to be simplistic game play (which I want), but wanted to know if anyone has played it.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #299: December 31, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »
Anyone have any reccomendations for wii sports games? We got a wii for christmas and I'm looking for something to play with my wife so anything with complex game play (Madden and probably most EA titles) is out. I'm thinking FIFA may be the a good compromise since the major complaint seems to be simplistic game play (which I want), but wanted to know if anyone has played it.

i plan on getting fifa. i have nhl2k10 (they dont have EA NHL 10).  it seems really hard at first. but if you use the practice feature, you can get it.  at first, my gf and i were like "this game sucks". but after practicing it has some potential.

the graphics kind of blow though.  fifa should be good