Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3  (Read 20802 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3
« Reply #500: May 21, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »
Sniffing glue again, BBQ?

freaking funniest GD thread ever...

Offline sportsfan882

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #502: May 21, 2008, 10:17:44 PM »
roflmao @ the sniffing glue comment
Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants?

Cuz that's all I get out of JCWI...
Jesus Colome When Inaccurate

Offline Natskins

« Reply #503: May 21, 2008, 10:17:46 PM »
I was craving something sweet but now I've lost my appetite.
AZ was craving something sweet too, but apparently he's been satisfied.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #504: May 21, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »
roflmao @ the sniffing glue commentJesus Colome When Inaccurate
JCWI's ERA jumped from 3.38 ERA to 5.82 in one game.   :shock:

I could sort of (not really) understand the FO's unwillingness to release him because he had decent numbers on paper but that is no longer the case. He has to go NOW.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #505: May 21, 2008, 10:50:01 PM »
It's really hard to believe that we had 12 hits, w/ 3 of those hits being doubles tonight.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #506: May 21, 2008, 10:51:49 PM »
It's really hard to believe that we had 12 hits, w/ 3 of those hits being doubles tonight.
Not really. We were pounding Moyer, especially in the first 3 or 4 innings. We had him on the ropes every inning only to bail him out. We had runners at 3rd with no outs twice, and a runner at 2nd with no outs once. That should have been an automatic 3 runs with the possibility for more.  We should have put 6-7+ up against Moyer tonight. Instead we got none.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #507: May 22, 2008, 12:29:11 AM »
normally quiet manny, taking an ill advised post-game shot at dukes:

When asked how his team can perform better with runners in scoring position, Acta gave a stern answer directed obviously at Dukes.

“How about put the bat on the ball?” Acta said. “Instead of striking out with a guy on third and less than two outs,”

very unprofessional on manny's part. talk about that kind of stuff with dukes in-person. and if you're gonna call him out, at least do it in a more constructive way. uncalled for.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #508: May 22, 2008, 12:35:19 AM »
normally quiet manny, taking an ill advised post-game shot at dukes:

very unprofessional on manny's part. talk about that kind of stuff with dukes in-person. and if you're gonna call him out, at least do it in a more constructive way. uncalled for.

Dukes did that TWICE.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #509: May 22, 2008, 12:35:39 AM »
manny taking a post-game shot at dukes:

I saw him say that live on the MASN-Post game show. I was thrilled. About time Manny called someone out and showed even a slither of fire. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #510: May 22, 2008, 12:37:26 AM »
Dukes did that TWICE.
Yeah, and against a pitcher that can't throw faster than 83 MPH. That's bad, very bad. Moyer was just giving him hanging 78-79 MPH change-ups that Dukes swung right through several times. Those were perfect pitches to drive and freaking Dukes is pulling off like he is expecting Moyer to throw 95 MPH or something.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #511: May 22, 2008, 12:39:32 AM »
i'm just saying, if manny has a problem with dukes then talk to him 1 on 1 behind closed doors. openly blasting him isn't gonna solve anything and if anything it'll make matters worse.

and manny CLEARLY plays favorites. big ears can **** up as many times as he wants and manny will keep on raving about how big ears plays the game the right way blah blah blah.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #512: May 22, 2008, 12:48:56 AM »
seriously, i'm PISSED that manny would say something like that. especially about a young player like dukes. how many times has someone else not come through in those situations, and then he suddenly decides to single out dukes?!!!???? so what?! the savvy veteran got the best of the inexperienced dukes, it happens. unprofessional, uncharacteristic, and uncalled for by manny.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #513: May 22, 2008, 12:54:58 AM »
seriously, i'm PISSED that manny would say something like that. especially about a young player like dukes. how many times has someone else not come through in those situations, and then he suddenly decides to single out dukes?!!!???? unprofessional, uncharacteristic, and uncalled for by manny.

We've never had a player here w/ that low of a BA through that many AB's. Not many teams have. He DESERVES to get called out.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #514: May 22, 2008, 01:11:55 AM »
seriously, i'm PISSED that manny would say something like that. especially about a young player like dukes. how many times has someone else not come through in those situations, and then he suddenly decides to single out dukes?!!!???? so what?! the savvy veteran got the best of the inexperienced dukes, it happens. unprofessional, uncharacteristic, and uncalled for by manny.

More like the sped student owns the pre-schooler with Down's.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #515: May 22, 2008, 01:54:13 AM »
Our bull-pen :(

I went 1-2 RBI, thrown out at 2nd(1st base coach told me to go) and struke out on the slowest pitcher ever.
Okay, dude, I did all the research. On Wednesday, the day you posted this, only ONE player in the ENTIRE Nationals organization went 1 for 2: Potomac's Brian Peacock, who didn't have an RBI.

So in line with other comments:

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #516: May 22, 2008, 02:01:07 AM »
I think he was referring to his little league game.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #517: May 22, 2008, 02:05:56 AM »
I think he was referring to his little league game.
T-ball perhaps. That would explain struking out against the slowest pitcher ever.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #518: May 22, 2008, 02:30:43 AM »
T-ball perhaps. That would explain struking out against the slowest pitcher ever.

He is talking about Little League (or whatever is just above that). He's said that before.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #519: May 22, 2008, 08:53:02 AM »
He is talking about Little League (or whatever is just above that). He's said that before.

Natsman has stated that he plays Babe Ruth baseball.

We've never had a player here w/ that low of a BA through that many AB's. Not many teams have. He DESERVES to get called out.

Remember Wil Cordero? Dukes is in similar territory.

Offline Natskins

« Reply #520: May 22, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »
I'd say Manny's comment was directed to Bowden as much as it was directed to Dukes himself. In other words, "Jim, get him the eff out of here."

Offline EmpireNat

• Hit 'em Hard
« Reply #521: May 22, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »
AZ, you are deluded, read this aloud to yourself as many times as is needed for you to understand...

ELIJAH DUKES IS THE WORST HITTER ON THIS TEAM.

Look at the average, look at the crape he continually spews out onto the field. He needs to go down. He's been up long enough to establish some sort of form/potential, and he hasn't. I'd say cut/trade him, but its not likely. Just send him down.

MrMadison

« Reply #522: May 22, 2008, 10:45:08 AM »

shut your dumb ass up you fangirl.

if he had said it about Kearns you'd be the first one standing in line to shake his hand.

you really are a woman with a crush on Dukes, aren't you.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #523: May 22, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »
I'd say Manny's comment was directed to Bowden as much as it was directed to Dukes himself. In other words, "Jim, get him the eff out of here."
Yep, I think it's clear from his little outburst that he and Jim have quite different ideas of how good this team is and how to make it better.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #524: May 22, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »

That's the way I took it, too.